PSNP New Year's Contest & Giveaway - Event Has Ended

Dragon-Archon

Another awesome contest has been revealed! I was thinking about squishing the MGR plat into January until I read the rules. Oh well, still have some other games with me. :P

Yeah, it wouldn't be fair if people got games ready to plat for a contest. You can join the PRD if you want to do that :P.

A contest to motivate people to platinum games from a thread about motivating people to platinum games.

vwlro.jpg

Awesome contest though, I'll sign up for sure. 

Hell yeah, it's motivation-ception :awesome:.

Awesome, I'll add you.

• Like 3

Yeah, it wouldn't be fair if people got games ready to plat for a contest. You can join the PRD if you want to do that :P.

Hell yeah, it's motivation-ception :awesome:.

Awesome, I'll add you.

Lol, I don't have enough games for the PRD sadly. Will try to participate the next time you do one though. :P

Btw, I'll sign up. :P

Edited by TheLastSurvivorD

you clearly need some One Punch Man in your life

I thought it was supposed to be Aang from The Legend of Aang :|.

the_legend_of_aang__aang_portrait_by_dej

Yeah, except that this isn't. It's a contest that lasts a month.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

This is a neat idea. I really like it. ^_^

It almost makes me wanna bump my Game A Day! to February, just so I can participate in this. :D

I honestly couldn't see myself getting the :platinum: in more than 3-5 eligible PP games so, I think I'll just stick with my thingy and be a fanboy viewer for this thingy instead. :ninja:

Great idea for an event and good luck to all of the participants! :jaymon:

What happens if you plat a game that is going to be a future PP, like for example, the GTA PP? :ninja:

I'm interested, but I'll wait til closer the time comes to when the contest begins to see if I'm still interested :D

See quote below:

Only games from PP threads that have been created are eligible. Platting games that aren't part of a PP thread won't count. You can work on games for PPs that are scheduled to be created in January, but the waiting list has been known to change due to various circumstances, so keep this in mind. You can find an overview with links in the PP General Information thread.

I'll also leave this one here for no particular reason :P

Read the first post in the PP threads for more information. Seriously, the PP admins put all that info there for a reason. Each admin has the freedom to add/remove certain things, so the PP threads aren't identical. Anyone who asks questions that have already been answered in the first post, will get a link to this image next to their username in the Participant List every time they waste the valuable time of the PP admins. And trust me, I'll know when that happens.

Close enough that you'd get crushed in a real copyright suit. I'd ought be careful, you know how much effort I can dedicate to something as simple as a sight gag.

LMAO :lol:

This is a neat idea. I really like it. ^_^

It almost makes me wanna bump my Game A Day! to February, just so I can participate in this. :D

I honestly couldn't see myself getting the :platinum: in more than 3-5 eligible PP games so, I think I'll just stick with my thingy and be a fanboy viewer for this thingy instead. :ninja:

Great idea for an event and good luck to all of the participants! :jaymon:

Thnx :D

Lol :lol:, ok. Here's some popcorn for the fanboy viewer :popcorn:.

Well, I'm interested in joining this event but the fact that Dragon is involved in running the contest has me worried and hesistant. He does a great job at promoting these events and making them sound like so much fun when in reality they usually bring misery. I mean in the PRD you have to deprive yourself of the joy of popping platinums for months. Then you have the apparently never ending quest to get the Star Ocean 4 platinum.  :P

I've scoured the fine print to see if there are any downsides to joining and I can't really find anything, so guess I'll sign up. Maybe this will finally motivate me to start on some of the Project Platinum games I have in my backlog. I actually have more games than I could possibly platinum in a month so I'll be interested in seeing how many I can get done.

Sign me up for both the contest and giveaway. 

I'm not going to be joining in on this due to the lack of game time around New Years, but I will say, you guys have got some good shit going. Especially this:

Anyone who asks questions that have already been answered in the first post, will get a link to this image next to their username in the Participant List every time they waste the valuable time of the PP admins. And trust me, I'll know when that happens.

Great image to use and yes DA, I'm fairly certain you'll know when this will happen. :D

• Like 2

So basically... start new year with Ratchet & Clank, Prince of Persia and God of War :P (well, if you don't have them yet anyway).

Seems like the contest may be a bit unbalanced. (People that haven't platted the above games have a bit of an advantage).

I'll join anyway, since I like doing the PP's anyway and I have a couple of the games ready to start :).

Sign me up, i was planning to work on the Project Platinums anyway after the PRD ended.

• In addition to the rule above: only PP games that haven't been started until January 1 2016 or only have 1 trophy unlocked will count. If you obtained at least 2 trophies before that day, the game isn't eligible. NO EXCEPTIONS!

I don't like this rule :( But i understand why it's there xD