Tips for trophy hunting beginners!

razt99

So I got the ps4 for christmas, and planning on buying a tonne of games, I decided to go for a lot of trophies. Currently on level 4, and nearly platinumed rocket leauge, but was wondering if you guys had any tips for someone new to trophy hunting. Thanks.

So I got the ps4 for christmas, and planning on buying a tonne of games, I decided to go for a lot of trophies. Currently on level 4, and nearly platinumed rocket leauge, but was wondering if you guys had any tips for someone new to trophy hunting. Thanks.

Ignore any possible trophy statistic you see and buy games that interest you. If you stop having fun getting trophies, don't force yourself. Find another game to play.

• Like 1

Started my hunt exactly a year ago. Would recommend setting a 1 platinum a month goal, have one focus game that month and also play whatever you want. As the year goes on it will get easier to knock of the platinum a month as you will already have a good start on many games. I managed to stick to it till October and then went back and finished up some games I was half way through. Ended the year with 18 platinums.

Most of all have fun and don't be afraid to move on if you get stuck.

Few tips I learned to get platinums

Find a game series you really enjoy. Makes going for platinums for enjoyable.

Don't play games just because there easy (unless ther fun and you enjoy them) platinums

Don't play a game constantly for hours on end because I found that you will get burned out and not have the motivation to play it again once you stop

And if your going to platinum Call Of Duty games don't forget the Mtn. Dew and Dorritos :)

Edited by demonoid321

I'm new (or at least new-ish) to trophy hunting too, and basically here's what happened to me:

I got Dragon Quest Heroes for Christmas. I then proceeded to play it practically non stop for the next few days. Since I got it, I have invested 50+ hours in it and am currently sitting at 91% completion. In a nutshell, I burned out. The entire time I felt isolated from my family as a result of my platinum obsession.

No idea how I broke free though, but my best advice would be to avoid that scenario as much as you can. It wasn't half as fun as it should have been.

Don't listen to these scrubs. In order to become a true Elite trophy hunter you must never enjoy yourself. Make it a chore to the point where you enjoy trophies more than games and import all the Japanese visual novels with rarities above 90%.

/s

• Like 4

I'm new (or at least new-ish) to trophy hunting too, and basically here's what happened to me:

I got Dragon Quest Heroes for Christmas. I then proceeded to play it practically non stop for the next few days. Since I got it, I have invested 50+ hours in it and am currently sitting at 91% completion. In a nutshell, I burned out. The entire time I felt isolated from my family as a result of my platinum obsession.

No idea how I broke free though, but my best advice would be to avoid that scenario as much as you can. It wasn't half as fun as it should have been.

You can take your time, it's not a race.

I had this platinum in 65 hours, spread over two weeks and two days !

My advices are :

- Play for fun, beat the game once without worrying you about trophies

- Don't buy a game because it has easy trophies

- Don't force you if you don't like the game

- Consult trophy guides on PSNProfiles or PlaystationTrophies

- and the most important... don't do it to show off but for your personal pleasure

Edited by luky-sama

My tip is to always look up missable trophies. Do not get discouraged by them if there's a lot, just know what you have to do to avoid the missables, most trophy guides avoid spoilers about the missables. And then simply play for fun while paying attention of the missable trophies. That's how I do it anyway. Some people follow step by step walkthroughs but you won't enjoy the game as much and you'll get fed up in the long run imo.

To avoid burnout, play a huge variate of games, even if it's a genre you think you don't like. Playing something different will open you up to more games and give you a break on what your used to playing.

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki

Play games you like, don't get games simply for easy trophies. Best case in point; Hannah Montana. Sure you'll get a platinum in 2 hours but other gamers will give you grief for the rest of your days gaming.

it's not necessarly true,    my niece like to watch me play easy games,  I did Hannah Montana cuz she was a fan,  but she also like to watch other games like  Up, and Megamind   some games that there was a movie.   You play for someone,  and you get the trophies for it!

Do a little homework on a game you are interested in. Some games are 'unplattable' due to trophy glitches, MP trophy issues, or servers being down. It's less likely on PS4 for servers to be down but I believe there is a forum on here with a list of games that are impossible to platinum.

Avoid family time, call out sick from work

Sleep less, eat lots of hot pockets

Game your little heart out

Follow trophy guides and walkthroughs

My hot pocket count has just hit like 50 or so. Which im proud of considering i had never had 1 until 2 weeks ago.

Don't let things like platinum trophies and 100% completion trap you, if you start playing a game and halfway through it you can't stand playing it anymore, just stop playing that game and move on to another game. Trophy hunting should always be consequence of you enjoying the games you like play, not the main reason why you play games.

• Like 1

Play games you like, don't get games simply for easy trophies. Best case in point; Hannah Montana. Sure you'll get a platinum in 2 hours but other gamers will give you grief for the rest of your days gaming.

Not to mention, "Hannah Montana: The Movie" will forever burden ones trophy list. No thanks.

• Like 1

As a trophy hunter myself, I'd say don't put too much emphasis on platinums.  I know that may sound odd to many other hunters put platinuming a game just for the sake of it isn't worth it.  Play games that you like and if you find yourself enjoying it, then go for the plat.

I myself have the aim of getting a grade A (PSNProfiles rating) on a game first and then plat'ing/100% it if I like it.  That way I feel like I am trophy hunting, getting more value for my money and staying sane.  That said, I did get 41 plats last year!

I would simply recommend that you have fun, and whenever you feel like you're not bothered with trophies then don't force it. I stop as soon as I feel like I'm bored shitless or not feeling it. Play the games for enjoyment, not just for trophies.  

Your 99.4% completion would disagree.