Worst Trophy Boosting Experiences

matchpenalty

Started swapping wins with this guy on street fighter X tekken. he was almost done so he begged for a couple wins ahead of me. after he got the trophy he suddenly had an emergency and had to go. the next day i logged into psn i got a message saying "hey if i help you with the remaining wins what games will you gameshare me" lol dude f***ed me good

Edited by Stevieboy
PSN name removed. This isn't a "name & shame" thread.

• 1 year later...

I had a bad experience with red faction guerrilla it was for war vet earn 100,000 xp online anyways this guy added me to boost that trophy I was dumb back then I let him get the trophy first well of course he left session after he got the trophy and deleted me that was 7 years ago.

• 1 month later...

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - Boosting to Level 50.

I got fucked over in my own boosting session so I had to boost with whoever was left, despite strict instructions to stun only... some people felt the need to kill and do whatever the fuck they wanted, then they apologized and shortly afterwards would kill someone again and blame it on 'well he killed me!' bullshit. Then once someone reached level 50, they would leave and leave the other 5 players hanging until another player was able to fill a spot. All the waiting around had caused some people to fall out with me, then I was losing patience with the people I was playing with so once I reached level 50 I left and deleted everyone who I considered to be a waste of fucking time followed by a mirage of messages afterwards saying that I was using people as bait. I said listen mate, I told you to stun only, you didn't listen, you didn't care, you didn't give a fuck... I would have been more than happy to help anyone afterwards but you all took me for a laughing stock so frankly you can get fucked and annoy someone else whilst you reach level 50. I've decided that the people who play the AC games are total wankers as I had one guy fuck me over on the Black Flag DLC as well.

However, games that require 7-8 people like Batman Arkham Origins, Wipeout HD and The Last of Us have been an absolute breeze :)

• 4 years later...

The first thing that comes in my mind is Paladins, I had several sessions with 7 randoms but we couldn't even get matched togett, so we literally wasted 3/4 hours in attempts to get matched together. Also I remember in one occasion we had to wait around one hour only because one of the players had lost the car keys and he had his father pick him up back to home. ? We all agreed to wait him for that hour, and then we spent other hours trying to get matched. What a waste of time. To this day, I don't have the Platinum of Paladins and I likely never will.

Instead, on Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z, we were 10 players and I remember the session host would only chat in German, a language I can just barely understand. Most of the other players could understand him because they were native German speakers (Ironically, they replied in English) and the other players didn't chat at all, but me... My God, j can't count the number of times I had to text him "IN ENGLISH PLEASE" only to be basically replied with Hitler's Mein Leben. But besides that, if we exclude the shitty lagging servers that made the session last for too long, it was a successful session.

• Like 1

I've had several experiences where I've just been able to find enough people for a trophy boosting session, and then at the last minute one of them will stop responding to messages, or say they have to go walk their dog and never come back. How hard is it to commit to something you've agreed to join in on?

1 hour ago, KenjiCBZ said:

The first thing that comes in my mind is Paladins, I had several sessions with 7 randoms but we couldn't even get matched togett, so we literally wasted 3/4 hours in attempts to get matched together. Also I remember in one occasion we had to wait around one hour only because one of the players had lost the car keys and he had his father pick him up back to home. ? We all agreed to wait him for that hour, and then we spent other hours trying to get matched. What a waste of time. To this day, I don't have the Platinum of Paladins and I likely never will.

Instead, on Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z, we were 10 players and I remember the session host would only chat in German, a language I can just barely understand. Most of the other players could understand him because they were native German speakers (Ironically, they replied in English) and the other players didn't chat at all, but me... My God, j can't count the number of times I had to text him "IN ENGLISH PLEASE" only to be basically replied with Hitler's Mein Leben. But besides that, if we exclude the shitty lagging servers that made the session last for too long, it was a successful session.

Ahhh, good ol' @Lagonan1992. I remember it clearly. & when he got his trophies, he bailed out. So we had to boost with 2 bots, 'cos we didn't have 2 more players. Everything turned out OK at the end.

Edited by kenseizenkai
  • Like 1

Last of US on Ps3: A guy was killing everyone on on maps we waited hours to get into. I remember the session leader screaming and telling him to stop, while he keep on killing like a scatterbrain. The worst part is that the same guy tried to blackmail into getting on another boosting session with him. I said no. And started talking BS about me on the chat of boosting group. Most deserved block on Psn ever. 

Metal gear solid: peace Walker: After 7 hours of booting everyone got tired and we agree to leave this session. I booted the game after a long while. And didnt remember that this game doesnt autosave. All those hours lost when i turned off my ps3.

Killzone 2: The servers sometimes save your progress. Nuff said. I dont know how many hunters put themselves through that torture.

On 11/05/2017 at 7:44 AM, Mizztec said:

I had a bad experience with red faction guerrilla it was for war vet earn 100,000 xp online anyways this guy added me to boost that trophy I was dumb back then I let him get the trophy first well of course he left session after he got the trophy and deleted me that was 7 years ago.

Hate those clowns. Really should be a report feature here and a rating system so losers like that can't make it join boost sessions after 3 strikes 

I just remembered a pain-in-the-ass boosting session for Paladins I was in. We were doing the trophy for being the only player alive in a match. The method involved quickly killing the enemy team by timing the use of special abilities, and then everyone but one player jumping off the map. This of course had to be done several times for each person who wanted the trophy. A few things made this frustrating. First of all, this method was only possible on a few maps in the game, so there was a lot of leaving and joining until we found the right one. The second thing was getting everyone to actually sync up their abilities and jump off the map soon after. There was this guy who kept not doing it, I'm still not sure if he just simply wasn't fluent in English and didn't understand the process, or was a young kid, or was just trolling us, but it got to the point where some of the others in the session started getting really impatient with him over voice chat, after explaining it to him several times. The guy eventually left without as much as a message in the chat. Fortunately, someone else was able to bring in another person to replace him, but still, the process took 3-4 hours of a Saturday evening. I just hope he actually was a troll, and didn't leave feeling bad about it or anything.

• Like 1

I have had the usual people not turning up to boosting sessions, or people turning up and not having a clue what to do, or even those who turn up and leave once they have the trophy but my single worst experience was probably on Sniper Elite 4. 

For Sniper Elite there are 2 or 3 coop levels you need to also get collectables from and in these each person only has access to half the level and therefore half the collectables meaning you need to play each one twice. Now this wasn't a negative experience in that my boosting partner was a bad guy or anything but i got my half of the collectables in maybe 30 minutes (while he was simultaneously sorting his side) left to sort dinner, etc. and it took him over another 2 hours to sort his. It was just mind numbingly boring and there was nothing i could do to help or make it easier. I just had to sit, wait and occasional move so i wasn't disconnected for being AFK.

I started 2020 with 1 game in my profile that still had unearned online trophies: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. I played all of the single player content 7 years ago and never touched the multiplayer aside from the tutorial. Getting those trophies became my #1 priority because I couldn't imagine that the servers were going to be around forever. I started looking for boosting groups and had . . mixed results.

The first group was very organized. They had a discord set up for scheduling and voting on boosting sessions for various games. I signed up for an ACB session that was about a week away along with 5 other people. But when the day came only 1 other person showed up. More sessions were scheduled in the following weeks with the same result so I gave up.

Next was a group of 12-15 people that would just put a session together whenever there happened to be enough of them online. I would get message alerts on my phone while I was at work saying they were going to start boosting. By the time I got home they would be done and any attempt to put another session together would go nowhere. I figured my schedule just wasn't lining up with theirs so I looked elsewhere.

My third attempt was a group of 5 that seemed dedicated and organized, but they only wanted to boost once a week. And they were in a complete opposite time zone as me so I would have to get up at 4 AM on Sunday for the sessions. I decided I could live with that as long as we were actually able to get it done. But a few days before our first session one of them said they couldn't make it so it was pushed back to the following week.

I was losing my mind at this point, these were the last online trophies I needed and after two months of trying I still had yet to play a single match. So I decided to take take matters into my own hands. I raided my local Gamestops and pawn shops for used PS3s and copies of Brotherhood, borrowed some cables and monitors from work, set up some alt PSN accounts, and started boosting that shit myself:

Spoiler

eEqQlVa.png

I did have to boost with a few people from the third group over the next few weeks because you need 6 players to get XP, but having alts I could fire up when there wasn't enough of them around (which was often..) made it much easier. And once I had all of the abilities unlocked getting the dreaded Abstergo Employee of the Month trophy by myself was a breeze.

So yeah, a little extreme but I also used the setup for the online trophies in Tomb Raider and Splinter Cell Blacklist later that year and was able to get all of that done "solo". I kept one of the consoles to replace my 10 year old slim (started having freezing issues) and sold everything else once I was done with them so all in all I pretty much broke even and would do it again in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

Usually I don't bother if it's a hassle, so my worst boosting experiences come down to connectivity - especially aggravating if the game is still active. A friend and I were trying to boost Jump Force, specifically the Challenger trophy which sounds pretty easy with a friend (it's an ultra rare, no wonder) and it took forever to register even one match, we spent hours until we kind of figured out when to press start so it registered more frequently. Did the 10 challenges for him, but as soon as it was my turn, it failed to connect multiple times, and I just gave up. I'm glad that at least my friend managed to get it.

Also, PS3 games nowadays, ugh. Recently I was self-boosting Duke Nukem 3D for online kills, and it was very glitchy.

Oh and something that bothers me in this timeframe, the one thing stopping me from a platinum in Rainbow Six Siege is ranked / defuse - I'm not the best, but decent enough to win, but sometimes I get in a match with AFK squatters and just fffff off. Entering a ranked match takes a ton of time because of the ban phase, and when I'm sliding down, it takes two more matches to progress, and I just don't have that kind of time as a parent.

Edited by fbdbh

Probably Crysis 3 for me.

Me and my friends got together with a Russian boosting group that asked to join us.

We all got the grindy ones out of the way, after that it was time for the more awkward miscellaneous online trophies.

At which point their entire group just started murdering us in a myriad of ways, and started getting all theirs out of the way.

When i asked what gives and why we weren't all doing it in turns anymore, the response was:

'Stop being such pussies, you can get all these trophies done yourselves, they are easy' AFTER we'd let them kill us for the trophies, then they bounced.

I messaged them again, asking if they were willing to help. Abuse followed, i wished them luck finding boosting groups for other games and promptly blocked all 8 (or so) members of their group.

Nowadays, i either ONLY boost with people i know, or people i've had lengthier conversations with just to work out if they're the sort of person to just get their trophies and leave.

2 hours ago, Baranov_925 said:

Could be worse if I wouldn't find any good movie while boosting - GTA Vice City and criminal points trophy.

The worst part was constantly checking if you accidentally fired any bullets or not, since it affected whether or not you could do the glitch. Horrible trophy, they should just settled for a lower criminal rank and just had us play the game normally.

Just now, AJ_Radio said:

The worst part was constantly checking if you accidentally fired any bullets or not, since it affected whether or not you could do the glitch. Horrible trophy, they should just settled for a lower criminal rank and just had us play the game normally.

i had other method using cheats, cop car in garage and vigilante mission