Vita games with the best replay value

dmsleight

I'm not looking for your favorite game here.  There are games I really enjoyed but I have no interest in playing beyond the Plat.  So, what games do/would you continue playing even after getting the platinum?

For me:

Killzone Mercenaries makes this list.  Doing the campaign 5(?) times to get the plat was very tedious, but I really enjoyed the MP aspect.  I hated it at first and didn't understand it.  But with experience, I really like it, and I typically won't play MP.

Get off my lawn... no, no, no.  I would burn it if I could

Freedom wars.  Heres another one that frustrated me, but when I got the hang of it, I enjoyed.

Honorable mention:

I really liked Virtues last Reward.  I like the choose your own story.  I liked a lot about it.  There was a lot of really annoying things too.  Unfortunately, once you know the story, there's no real point to keep playing, but I wish there was more story.

Oh, I don't have it for the Vita (PS3), but if I did, I would definitely keep playing MGS Peace Walker.

• Like 1

Hunting games are definitely a good contenders since you can spend time helping others after you get a Plat.

Overall, games with MP are the best choice for this.

I probably would rule out JRPGs (if you play for story that is) or VNs, though... replaying VLR over and over is definitely a great way how to spend time :awesome:

If I had to choose, God Eater.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

- Ys: Memories of Celceta: 2nd play is mandatory if you want to plat. Having lots of stuff unlocked is not a bad thing if you play on Nightmare mode (and you will have to if you didnt);

- Persona 4 Golden: The possibility of choosing different answers, a different love interest, to face a new boss and, of course, to plat the game;

- Tales of Hearts R: Every Tales of game begs to be played a second time in a higher difficulty mode.

Edited by ab4h4r4k1
  • Like 1

Flower - Amazing and relaxing. Great for short bursts to boot.

Dragon's Crown - There's a ton of replay value to be had, even after you've gotten the Platinum. There are a whole set of challenges that don't even count towards the trophy.

Plants vs. Zombies - Tons of gameplay options and challenges to keep you motivated after the Platinum.

Superbeat XONiC - Fun rhythm game with a decent amount of DLC to keep you playing and motivated. 

Persona 4 Dancing All Night - See above.

Persona 4 Golden - The story is great and worth experiencing again. 

GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE PLUS R: Survival Mode is fun and hard. It's fun to see if you can beat it. 

• Like 1

Rhythm games and RPG's mainly. The rhythm games are fun to replay to try and get perfect or just to play a song you like again. RPG's are great if you like maxing levels and unlocking everything in the game in a way that would get the platinum for SO4 but usually isn't a platinum requirement. The only game I'll regularly play outside of those two genres is Freedom Wars. I keep it downloaded on my vita to help others if they need help with the plat.

VN's have some replay value as well if you want to play them again after a few months to enjoy the story again.

It kinda depends on how much you want to get that platinum.  Super Meat Boy is one of my favorite pick up and play games even after getting 106% completion (which takes quite a while).  The controls are just really tight and I find it soothing to blast through the Light World campaign now that I've gotten good at it.  That said, the platinum is brutally difficult with currently 61 achievers.  I've played it quite a bit and am only at 47% completion and don't think I'll ever finish it.

Other mentions would be Terraria, Minecraft, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy.

• Like 1

First thing popped in my mind: Rhythm games... (PDF, P4DAN, DJMax) Even if finished or platted, replaying songs over and over again never fails to entertain me..

Unfortunately... I seldom replay VNs and JRPG after platting them...

To answer your question from my point of view.  Once you have that plat I never want to play the game again.  Move on, there are gazillions of games out there just waiting for you to play them (well maybe not on the vita - but you know what I mean).  Maybe i just haven't found the game that makes me want to play it over and over again.  I don't think I ever will.

Phantom Breaker Battle Grounds is a really great beat em up game, even though I got 100% of the trophies, I still play it and I even have it on the PS4. I made a gameplay video of it but it is of the PS4 version, the only difference between the versions is different color stages, changing the element of your homing shots. Here is the first level of the game, skip to 3:17 for the gameplay.

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 1