Would you buy PSP remasters with trophies like the PS2 remasters?

DaivRules

Would you buy PSP remasters with trophy support?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy PSP remasters with trophy support?

I never said that they don't have to release it on Vita, I said that I don't want them to be Vita-only because just some PSP ports will not help Vita's sales that much either, and I remember people saying the same thing about PS2 games not doing well on 1080p and I was very impressed with how well Dark Cloud 2 looked on PS4, and so I think the same thing can be done on PSP, even if everyone says it won't look as good or if they just have to leave it at 720p.

I see where you're coming from. I DO think that "just some PSP ports" will, in fact, get some attention to the console. The only way to get the console attention these days is to get some "exclusives" on it, and where better than Sony's own library. I think if Sony plucked about 2 dozen great titles from the PSP and remastered them and only released them on Vita and PSTV, it would spark some sales, get some press and start getting more attention from "journalists" and gamers.

PS2 games have a native resolution of 480, scaling them up to 1080 is 2.25x that resolution and fairly pleasing to the eye. Forgivable at least. The PSP games native resolution is 272, the Vita's is 544, exactly double the PSP and would be a great fit. 720 would be a stretch at 3x the resolution, but possible. They wouldn't look too great in general, but passable. 1080 is 4.5x the native resolution for PSP games. It would almost be a waste of remastering since they would likely look bad at best.

These could be a fantastic weapon on Sony's part to expand the Vita's appeal. The Vita has already sold over 12 million consoles. As far as I'm concerned, that's already successful. I think that making the successful PSP games remastered and part of the Vita library would move another million consoles. Sony doesn't need these on PS4's and would be wasting a great opportunity to get some new gamers interested in their other consoles, make some of us Vita fans even happier and not have to worry about the piracy they dealt with on the PSP.

We will have to wait and see if they even bother moving onto the PSP library. Time will tell.

I see where you're coming from. I DO think that "just some PSP ports" will, in fact, get some attention to the console. The only way to get the console attention these days is to get some "exclusives" on it, and where better than Sony's own library. I think if Sony plucked about 2 dozen great titles from the PSP and remastered them and only released them on Vita and PSTV, it would spark some sales, get some press and start getting more attention from "journalists" and gamers.

PS2 games have a native resolution of 480, scaling them up to 1080 is 2.25x that resolution and fairly pleasing to the eye. Forgivable at least. The PSP games native resolution is 272, the Vita's is 544, exactly double the PSP and would be a great fit. 720 would be a stretch at 3x the resolution, but possible. They wouldn't look too great in general, but passable. 1080 is 4.5x the native resolution for PSP games. It would almost be a waste of remastering since they would likely look bad at best.

These could be a fantastic weapon on Sony's part to expand the Vita's appeal. The Vita has already sold over 12 million consoles. As far as I'm concerned, that's already successful. I think that making the successful PSP games remastered and part of the Vita library would move another million consoles. Sony doesn't need these on PS4's and would be wasting a great opportunity to get some new gamers interested in their other consoles, make some of us Vita fans even happier and not have to worry about the piracy they dealt with on the PSP.

We will have to wait and see if they even bother moving onto the PSP library. Time will tell.

I used to be a big fan of the Vita too but now I only use it for remote play with my PS4 and that's it, and I also think that they can perfectly release it on both consoles and I'm sure they will sell well on both, people can choose in which platform they want to play like with the PS2 remasters on last gen.

The thing is that it's pointless to argue about this when we all know that if Sony does this PSP emulation thing they will more likely choose one of this 2 options: make them for both PS4 and Vita or make them only for PS4. Even if the PS4 already has all the success it needs and more, Sony will obviously want more money and they know that only releasing them on the Vita will reduce their potential sells on their main best selling console, even if that means less Vitas sold.

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

The thing is that it's pointless to argue about this when we all know that if Sony does this PSP emulation thing they will more likely choose one of this 2 options: make them for both PS4 and Vita or make them only for PS4. Even if the PS4 already has all the success it needs and more, Sony will obviously want more money and they know that only releasing them on the Vita will reduce their potential sells on their main best selling console, even if that means less Vitas sold.

It's pointless to argue, then you do. Nope, don't agree. But that's okay.

• 3 weeks later...

I think psp games are best suited to remain on the psp/vita. Remasters would be very welcome with the double resolution. Personally I already didnt like to play the psp remasters of gow on the ps3. Those games are really not designed for the big screen. I would like to see a shitload of the psp library on the ps vita in digital remaster

No I wouldnt play games that old again because of trophies.

And if youre not in it for the trophies, I believe a lot of PSP games can already be played on the Vita. The only one I thought was worth it was monster hunter which I bought again digitally so I could play it on Vita. I wish it had trophies at that time, but if it gets them now, I wouldnt spend 100+ hours again on it.

Edited by fps_d0minat0r

Yes, I want Crisis Core on Vita or PS4, whether it has trophies or not.

Rock Band Unplugged would be cool too (happy to play with DS4), also FF Dissidia and Tactics. 3rd Birthday would be nice too.

I'm probably forgetting a few others I'd like but sure, as long as they were cheap enough.

Maybe we can put something like this up on a community board? Would be nice if sony noticed they have a lot of vita fans left. I mean they actually do have a lot of fans. 1,83m physical copies of minecraft were sold on the vita. People are still will to throw money at it

I said yes but it really dépends on the games and i dont id rebuy à whole just for trophies.

If they add trophy support as a dlc for 5 bucks Canadian. Id buy it in this case.

Although id préfère ps1games with trophies.

I said yes but it really dépends on the games and i dont id rebuy à whole just for trophies.

If they add trophy support as a dlc for 5 bucks Canadian. Id buy it in this case.

Although id préfère ps1games with trophies.