Would you buy PSP remasters with trophies like the PS2 remasters?

DaivRules

Would you buy PSP remasters with trophy support?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy PSP remasters with trophy support?

Sweet Jesus, YES! MORE! NOW!

I recall 3 off the top of my head that were remastered with trophy support, but for the PS3:

God of War Ghost of Sparta

God of War Chains of Olympus

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

I really don't know why it stopped there, and why they weren't ported for the Vita. They gave us GOW 1 & 2 for Vita, but not the others. Strange.

I would love to earn trophies for Work Time Fun, only because I know how absurdly titled they would be!

The PS4 has already many games, I think is the Vita who needs more because right now the only game I like is Uncharted Golden Abyss :S

I don't want to go through everything wrong with this post so I'll just leave it. 

No I don't think PSP games should get remastered to PS4, just look at what happened to Type-0, and remastering PSP games to Vita I would love but probably wouldn't happen due to a lot being available digitally on Vita anyway. I would also love some PS1 games chucked on the PS4 with trophies (Crash and Spyro please Sony come on you have the rights to the PS1 games)

Anyway when's the next PS2 game coming out for PS4? 

Edited by LunchCannon54

Yeah, but like, most of the PSP games I love/d were either ports or had ports.

Shit I played all the time was like

Lego Star Wars 2, which is also on PS2, 360, PC, all the usual suspects.

Spidey 2 and 3, these are also on all the other main ones.

GTA Liberty and Vice City Stories, they got a PS2 port.

Star Wars Battlefront 2, PS2, Xbox, so on.

OutRun 2006, PS2, PC, etc.

MotorStorm Arctic Edge, PS2 port is out there.

Tony Hawk Underground 2, just an enhanced version of the PS2/Xbox/PC version.

Warriors, another multiplat port.

Crazy Taxi, just a compilation of the 2 previously released multiplat games.

So with that in mind, as much as I love the PSP, I'd rather they just port the PS2 versions to PS4 instead of spending time on a PSP emulator, the PS2 has way more games I would want. But that's just me.

I've actually been thinking about this idea for a while too and i've been wondering why Sony hasn't done this yet.

The chance I would buy PSP games with trophy support on the Vita is a lot bigger than getting PS2 games on the PS4,

for some reason I can't put a finger on.

So if it's a game that interests me, I probably would.

Yes, but not all of them. The ones I can think right now are:

- Crisis Core

- Ys Seven

- Valkyria Chronicles 2

- Jeanne D'arc

- Final Fantasy Tactics: War of The Lions

- Persona 3 Portable

- Hexyz Force

- Brave Story: New Traveler

- Dissidia Duodecim (trophies and online direct connection? Hell yeah!)

- The 3rd Birthday

I don't want to go through everything wrong with this post so I'll just leave it. 

No I don't think PSP games should get remastered to PS4, just look at what happened to Type-0, and remastering PSP games to Vita I would love but probably wouldn't happen due to a lot being available digitally on Vita anyway. I would also love some PS1 games chucked on the PS4 with trophies (Crash and Spyro please Sony come on you have the rights to the PS1 games)

Anyway when's the next PS2 game coming out for PS4? 

"I'll leave it" -> quotes me anyway lol in PS4 they will be more successful because the majority owns one, opposite to the Vita.

Are there any sales figures about the ps2 games on ps4? I mean I see people saying its a success but I wonder how they know.

I think if you look to the Ratings section of each game on the Store you will notice how many people bought the game and rated it, and you will have to also add to that all the people who bought the game but didn't rated it, so for example in my country the PS4 San Andreas version has 5000+ ratings, which is much greater than any other PS2 port available on the PS3, and also when Dark Cloud 2 was released I saw that just 1 day after release the game already had 400+ ratings, which was much greater than any other game released that day.

I know that this probably doesn't really reflect the real sales but I always thought that if a game surpasses more than 1000+ ratings on the Store is already making profits for the game, and taking into account that this are just ports with some added features I don't think they costed that much to make so if the game sells just a couple of copies it will already make profit for the company. And I also saw many positive comments on many forums about what other PS2 games people want to see on PS4, so I think is being successful, at least it appears to be more successful than the PS2 games available on the PS3, and Sony said that they were successful so I think you can say they are being successful now on the PS4.

• Like 1

"I'll leave it" -> quotes me anyway lol in PS4 they will be more successful because the majority owns one, opposite to the Vita.

OR, they could let the PS4 do it's thing, as it's just fine, and release them on Vita and PSTV, allowing those to be more successful. It would be better for Sony to have multiple successful products than just ignore everything and only focus on one. It would be very short-sighted and ignorant to only release them on PS4. Not to mention the original resolutions of the PSP games may not scale well to 1080 and then people would find all kinds of reason to bitch and piss and moan about how they're no good. The games would scale much better to 540 or 720.

• Like 3

OR, they could let the PS4 do it's thing, as it's just fine, and release them on Vita and PSTV, allowing those to be more successful. It would be better for Sony to have multiple successful products than just ignore everything and only focus on one. It would be very short-sighted and ignorant to only release them on PS4. Not to mention the original resolutions of the PSP games may not scale well to 1080 and then people would find all kinds of reason to bitch and piss and moan about how they're no good. The games would scale much better to 540 or 720.

I never said that they don't have to release it on Vita, I said that I don't want them to be Vita-only because just some PSP ports will not help Vita's sales that much either, and I remember people saying the same thing about PS2 games not doing well on 1080p and I was very impressed with how well Dark Cloud 2 looked on PS4, and so I think the same thing can be done on PSP, even if everyone says it won't look as good or if they just have to leave it at 720p.

• Like 1