Longtime "features" missing from SFV

stitchesnscars

The IGN review of this game is up  which you can view here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/15/street-fighter-5-review?watch=&page=1

Score aside the negatives or cons listed are lack of features, to better clarify this, here is what is apparently not in the game

Challenges
Trials
1P vs CPU
CPU vs CPU
8 player lobbies
Cinematic story mode
Individual character stories themselves are also missing 2-3 chapters each
In-game shop
Alternate costumes (you can earn them but can't unlock them until the in-game store comes out in March)
Spectator Mode
Stage transition canceled. 
Targets
Extra battles
Arcade
No Gallery Mode

Some of these are not terribly important to some but the lack of arcade and 1P vs CPU is a little deterring. It almost seems like the game was made for competitive play only.

The big ones for me are versus mode against a computer and arcade mode.

I mean, how in the hell do you leave out the 2 things that are practically in every fighter game since the birth of console gaming? I'd rather see a game delayed and earn remarkable praise than see it get pooped on for a lack of features!

I thought they were adding spectator mode in March? I didn't know about the 1P vs. CPU though, as that's what I intended to do before jumping into online. I feel like most of those things will be added in later since it wouldn't make sense to leave out Arcade and other basic things fighting games have always had.

The game needed to be released because Capcom Cup will start soon and players need the game to prepare themselves. Here is the 2016 schedule. There is an official tournament already later this month (France, Feb 26th).

Those who can't live without single player content can just wait a bit longer, most of it will be released in March. The cinematic story mode will be released in June.

Why are they releasing the game before it's finished?!

Its done where it matters, rumours are they pushed it out to make it in time for a street fighter tournament later this month.

If you want the full package, pick up the game in Spetember, by then Challenges and a proper story mpde will be present.

Its done where it matters, rumours are they pushed it out to make it in time for a street fighter tournament later this month.

If you want the full package, pick up the game in Spetember, by then Challenges and a proper story mpde will be present.

Ah, yes, they may have released another edition by then, right?

• Like 1

They've already announced that there's a day one patch. They probably just didn't have enough time to finish the game before it had to go gold. A lot of those features aren't in the game because they haven't been patched in yet, because the game isn't out yet.

This is basically the tournament player release. All the important bits are there for the tournament players to train for the next tournament. This is a game that's huge in this regard. The tournament side of Street Fighter is probably a lot more important to the franchise than the average gamer that just wants to play some SF, so I kind of understand where they're coming from with this "incomplete" release. I don't really like it, but I can understand it. I think they should've advertised it a bit better, but then again they've been pretty open about it. Trials, Challenges and improved online lobbies in march, story mode in june (free updates).

The regular release will be later this year (with incremental updates, with june being the date all modes are available). I was pretty hyped for this game, but since some of the features I like the most (like trial mode) will be released later, I'm going to hold of on buying it for a bit. Who knows, maybe some store will have a sale on it by then aswell :).

sfv-dlc-schedule.jpg

Edited by Ric

No, there won't be any other edition according to what Capcom has said so far. At least ala Super, Ultra ,etc.

Some of the modes listed will be added as updates or free DLC to pick on March (which seems it won't even cost any FM unlike chars). There aren't any news for the other modes for now.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

SFV Super Hyper Tournament Edition. SFV: the stuff we should have included in the game at launch edition.

Capcom already told us all those features wouldn't be in the initial release months ago. How is any of this shocking?

As for a 1P vs. CPU mode just go into training mode and turn the training dummy to CPU.

You could be right as i haven't been following the game that closely but there are a lot of people other than myself that did not know about these as i haven't seen any complaints about this until now. I n an age where everyone brings out the pitch forks and torches when a single player mode is left out i find it interesting that this game seems to be getting a pass. A longtime favorite arcade/1st player mode is left out of a series that's had it forever. I expected an arcade mode 1st player cpu mode in this game as surely as I would expect Ryu to be a playable character.

Really now? You don't say!

My bad i guess, i must have missed the giant Multi-player only tattoo in Ryu's arm.

Edited by stitchesnscars
  • Like 1

Nearly everything you mentioned is going to be in it eventually.  Don't like it's not in it now? Wait then (I'm waiting until March, because Alex).  This is so the game actually makes it into EVO this year; sooner tournament players get it, the better for them.  Fighting game developers will lean towards these players first.

Capcom already told us all those features wouldn't be in the initial release months ago. How is any of this shocking?

As for a 1P vs. CPU mode just go into training mode and turn the training dummy to CPU.

I have to agree with this. They have been saying this all the time.

Pretty much a deal breaker for me.  I won't get it at least until arcade/story mode and 1p vs cpu are added.

They did this with Killer Instinct on Xbox One imo.

... and it's still not finished! LOL! :)

Anyway, the Cinematics should be released soon... surprised about the lack of 1P vs. CPU.

Sad to see that Steam's Early Access shit has also hit the consoles...

Bleh, it also it GOG.com :(

Did they say that they were not going to have these features at all or that they would be released at a later date?

They bascially said. This is what you are getting and lots of stuff will be added later.

SFV is exactly like Killer Instinct on Xbone. That game started with only 6 characters. but its going strong, now its up to season 3.

One thing i´m personally wondering is. How many season pass will there be? 1 every year or 1 for all time ( which i doubt )

They bascially said. This is what you are getting and lots of stuff will be added later.

SFV is exactly like Killer Instinct on Xbone. That game started with only 6 characters. but its going strong, now its up to season 3.

One thing i´m personally wondering is. How many season pass will there be? 1 every year or 1 for all time ( which i doubt )

I reckon it will be 1 for all time, but they would make you buy Super, Ultra etc separate.