The Prince of Persia Remastered Trilogy

Hey everybody, I'm curious to know your opinion. Do you guys think I should buy the POP Remastered Trilogy and Platinum them all? I really adored these games as a kid on PS2 and was ecstatic that they added trophy support on PS3 but I never got around to playing them till now. FYI I bought my PS3 again a few weeks ago to finish some old games and I was thinking about getting this collection while I'm at it...only problem is that playthrough trophies don't stack meaning I have to go through WW and T2T three whole times- one of which must be flawless. Plus I've heard the audio for these ports and they kinda suck.

There on sale on psn until tomorrow except for one

Prince of Persia Classic is $.99

Prince of Persia Two Thrones is $1.49

Prince of Persia Warrior Within is $1.49

Also Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands is $1.99

prince of Persia The Sands of Time isn't on sale tho and is regularly $14.99

But hell its still pretty cheap and if ya want ya can just wait on the last one

This is on US PSN tho

Edited by AncLEoniX

For how cheap it is. Yes just buy it.

Edit:

For how cheap they are?? Yesss, just buy them all! Woot woot!

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

I bought the trilogy forever ago on PS3 and still haven't bothered to finish them off there...I did play a good hour of them all though, and so far, at least for me, it's a pretty sweet port job, so if you want it I'd grab it, decent upgrades I think from the PS2 ones.

I'm a prince of Persia franchise fan. For the current flash sale price it's madness to not buy them.

Now, in terms of port quality it's not that good, especially The sands of time, the sound it's terrible, I wasn't expecting a 5.1 but at least a decent Stereo.

So, they're almost the same as you remember on PS2

YES, they are worth it mate. They are really cheap too.

Great story, sick combat mechanics only priced 2 usd.
Why not? In my opinion these games haven't aged at all. They're still masterpiece.

-Just a guy who adored PoP triology.

Correction: Just a guy with good tastes B)

• 4 weeks later...

I've never even played a Prince of Persia game before but for how cheap they were and how easy the platinums look I couldn't pass the deal up. They look like fun games and eventually I'll get around to playing them. Hopefully I will become a fan of the franchise.

But that's just it, the Platinums are NOT easy. There's a trophy for completing the game without dying. Like are you freaking kidding me?!

YES, they are worth it mate. They are really cheap too.

Correction: Just a guy with good tastes B)

Nah man it's not the money, it's the difficulty. If I start playing these games I want Platinum.

Coming from a guy who loved the games on the PS2 (and achieved the platinum on all of them on the PS3) I say they are definitely a must buy. Especially considering the price they are at now.  

How hard would you say the Platinums were? I know SOT is easy af but the other two aren't.

it's a great buy, to plat everyone is correct. some take 2 playthrough's.

i think i paid 3-5$ apiece. 

i still didn't finish forgotten sands and that one other prince of persia game.

backlog can change at any time unfortunately ><.

Edited by kingdrake2

How hard would you say the Platinums were? I know SOT is easy af but the other two aren't.

Well you have to understand I was a major fan when all of them came out on the PS2. So when I played them again on the PS3, it was a lot easier for me to get the platinums. I knew what to expect and how to go about the trophy requirements. The two things that will stop most people in their tracks with the platinums are the difficulty-related trophies; obviously because they don't stack, making you go through the game three times. The other thing is completing the game without dying. it's actually easier than it sounds because you actually can die. When you die a screen will pop up asking you something along the lines of "restart" or "continue". The other option will be to "return to the main menu". If you choose the "return to main menu" option and continue your game through the main menu, the trophy will still be achievable, in other words; the game won't count it as a death. 

• Like 2

But that's just it, the Platinums are NOT easy. There's a trophy for completing the game without dying. Like are you freaking kidding me?!

Nah man it's not the money, it's the difficulty. If I start playing these games I want Platinum.

The plats in these games are easy, but not for the same reasons games are easy today.  I'll outline below what I thought of each game, but considering how linear and short these games are, even if the gameplay becomes hard, it doesn't last long.  You can get a full playthrough done in a matter of hours.  These are not like more modern games where the story alone can take 10-20 hours.  The 'not dying' trophy isn't as hard as you think, but will probably be the hardest to achieve from each trophy list.  If you play on easy, you really only have to worry about accidentally falling (fights will be easy) and a couple boss fights.  But you can rewind time, and if you don't have any sand, just quit to the XMB and reload your save.  I played these a few months ago and I don't remember this playthrough giving me that much trouble.  EDIT:  I forgot about what JB said in the post above, I remember one of the games having some wonkiness with this, but yes, you don't actually have to quit the game to avoid deaths, but make sure you verify this on each trophy guide, cause like I said, I do remember some wonkiness.

In regards to each game:

SOT was pretty straight forward and fun, just use a collectible guide - easy plat.

WW was annoying in places due to time constantly changing and there's a huge bug where if you drink from a fountain right after the first(?) time change, you get stuck as the Dark prince on a reload and have to restart the game.  So look up that bug before playing cause that almost killed me on my first playthrough.  If I hadn't just backed up my save 15 min earlier, I would have lost 2-3 hours (while not much, it sure would been demoralizing to restart).  The boss battles could be gamed pretty easily, like the Griffin fight, to avoid the wind just hang from the cliff, lol.  And the Dahaka fight, if you grab the Light Sword before facing him and have full sands, you can kill him off in under 2 mins with little struggle.  Overall - medium plat.

TT was more or less played for the boss battles with the in-between being filler.  While WW was sorta the same way, it's boss battles were easy to get through using some cheap tricks and a little skill.  In TT the boss battles just sucked.  Once you get the hang of them, they can be really fun and creative, but the first few tries they just suck.  Even knowing what to do in the giant (cyclops?) and twin brothers fights, it still took me multiple tries and some luck to get through them.  The vizier fight, however, was the worst.  You had to time everything perfectly, and there were no checkpoints along the way (and it's a long fight for today's standards when neglecting a checkpoint system).  BUT, the boss battles were the only hard/sucky part and there were only a few.  The rest of the game felt pretty straight forward, like the other 2 games.  Watch a vid on the Vizier fight, and if that looks like something you can tolerate, the rest of the game will be a breeze in comparison.  Overall - medium plat.

Since you can reload or quit to XMB if you're gonna die (which is only an issue on the 'no death' trophy runs), the regular enemies are mostly easy, and the boss battles are doable (despite a little frustration), I wouldn't say these games are hard.  The mechanics aren't great, but then again, they are over 10 years old now, so there's been improvements to more modern games (including latter installments in the series).  I'd say if you plan ahead (trophy guides are key for lots of reasons, including collectibles), you may be surprised that it's not nearly as hard as you thought.  Perhaps a little tedious at times, and definitely frustrating on a couple boss fights (mainly TT), but not hard.  Oh, and definitely play them in order!  That's all I got, hopefully it helps.

Edited by Matto_lsi
  • Like 2

The plats in these games are easy, but not for the same reasons games are easy today.  I'll outline below what I thought of each game, but considering how linear and short these games are, even if the gameplay becomes hard, it doesn't last long.  You can get a full playthrough done in a matter of hours.  These are not like more modern games where the story alone can take 10-20 hours.  The 'not dying' trophy isn't as hard as you think, but will probably be the hardest to achieve from each trophy list.  If you play on easy, you really only have to worry about accidentally falling (fights will be easy) and a couple boss fights.  But you can rewind time, and if you don't have any sand, just quit to the XMB and reload your save.  I played these a few months ago and I don't remember this playthrough giving me that much trouble.  EDIT:  I forgot about what JB said in the post above, I remember one of the games having some wonkiness with this, but yes, you don't actually have to quit the game to avoid deaths, but make sure you verify this on each trophy guide, cause like I said, I do remember some wonkiness.

In regards to each game:

SOT was pretty straight forward and fun, just use a collectible guide - easy plat.

WW was annoying in places due to time constantly changing and there's a huge bug where if you drink from a fountain right after the first(?) time change, you get stuck as the Dark prince on a reload and have to restart the game.  So look up that bug before playing cause that almost killed me on my first playthrough.  If I hadn't just backed up my save 15 min earlier, I would have lost 2-3 hours (while not much, it sure would been demoralizing to restart).  The boss battles could be gamed pretty easily, like the Griffin fight, to avoid the wind just hang from the cliff, lol.  And the Dahaka fight, if you grab the Light Sword before facing him and have full sands, you can kill him off in under 2 mins with little struggle.  Overall - medium plat.

TT was more or less played for the boss battles with the in-between being filler.  While WW was sorta the same way, it's boss battles were easy to get through using some cheap tricks and a little skill.  In TT the boss battles just sucked.  Once you get the hang of them, they can be really fun and creative, but the first few tries they just suck.  Even knowing what to do in the giant (cyclops?) and twin brothers fights, it still took me multiple tries and some luck to get through them.  The vizier fight, however, was the worst.  You had to time everything perfectly, and there were no checkpoints along the way (and it's a long fight for today's standards when neglecting a checkpoint system).  BUT, the boss battles were the only hard/sucky part and there were only a few.  The rest of the game felt pretty straight forward, like the other 2 games.  Watch a vid on the Vizier fight, and if that looks like something you can tolerate, the rest of the game will be a breeze in comparison.  Overall - medium plat.

Since you can reload or quit to XMB if you're gonna die (which is only an issue on the 'no death' trophy runs), the regular enemies are mostly easy, and the boss battles are doable (despite a little frustration), I wouldn't say these games are hard.  The mechanics aren't great, but then again, they are over 10 years old now, so there's been improvements to more modern games (including latter installments in the series).  I'd say if you plan ahead (trophy guides are key for lots of reasons, including collectibles), you may be surprised that it's not nearly as hard as you thought.  Perhaps a little tedious at times, and definitely frustrating on a couple boss fights (mainly TT), but not hard.  Oh, and definitely play them in order!  That's all I got, hopefully it helps.

Ok thanks everyone for the advice, but sadly I won't be getting the games. I mean even though it's doable TBH think it's not quite worth my time right now. I mean WW & T2T are ridiculous considering they require three playthroughs not to mention the flawless run. I mean yeah I could do the glitch but I don't think I have the incentive, don't get me wrong I love the games but the Platinums are annoying. Besides Uncharted 4 is coming up and I have a couple Ratchet and Clank games to finish before then. Afterwards I'd like to sell my PS3 (again). But again I'd like to thank you for your advice and helping me make up my mind. Hopefully freaking Ubisoft will make a new Prince of Persia game in the near future.

Ok thanks everyone for the advice, but sadly I won't be getting the games. I mean even though it's doable TBH think it's not quite worth my time right now. I mean WW & T2T are ridiculous considering they require three playthroughs not to mention the flawless run. I mean yeah I could do the glitch but I don't think I have the incentive, don't get me wrong I love the games but the Platinums are annoying. Besides Uncharted 4 is coming up and I have a couple Ratchet and Clank games to finish before then. Afterwards I'd like to sell my PS3 (again). But again I'd like to thank you for your advice and helping me make up my mind. Hopefully freaking Ubisoft will make a new Prince of Persia game in the near future.

sad day indeed your truely missing out on 3 epic games (the sands of time trilogy) as well as a pretty good midquel (forgotten sands)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

these games are full of problems. A few years ago I tried to platinium all 3 games and only got Warrior Within. The 2 Thrones bugged the Sand Snake trophy. In sand's of time, several trophies gave bugs, I got angry and sold the game. this week in a second-hand store I found Trilogy at a good price and decided to buy it. I put the cd on the console and start playing and so far so good. I had to leave and turned off the PS3, when I came back the game won't start and the following warning appears - "A critical error occurred and the game will now quit. Try to start the game again"

I already uninstalled and installed it again several times and it doesn't go away.