If you could platinum a game with closed servers, which would it be?

Thrintus

• Mortal Kombat VS DCU
  • Unreal Tournament 3
  • Mortal Kombat 9 (Vita)

I will still start & play MKvsDCU & UT3, because i don't like personally an 100% account. Also Supremat is a unique Trophy, even with the fact, that MKvsDCU is one of the easiest fighter compared to the others. But i'm unsure about MK9 Vita. 

I would go for a remastered M.A.G got twice plat on it on my old account but would like to see a plat this again with new servers! Great game.

Ah, sad. I never played it. Would've loved to, though. Saw it laying around in my local retailer a year or two ago but the servers were already closed.

Still, grats on the plat.

• FIFA 14 - I am currently at 97%, which means that I only need 1 more trophy for the Platinum (which is a :silver: Silver of course). The problem is, the Servers closed somewhere between December 2014 and January 2015. This made this trophy unobtainable. There are actually 2 trophies which are now unobtainable, but I already got the other one before the Servers closed. The two trophies are:  :bronze: On My Own (which I already earned before the Servers closure) and :silver:Challenging (which I failed to earn in time  :facepalm:). I have to say that EA sucks because they close their servers too early. I also regret for having an unobtainable Platinum in my profile, which will be impossible to get 100.00% Profile Completion. I just wish that they would re-open their Servers to make this Platinum obtainable again.

• Gran Turismo 5 - In my life as a Trophy Hunter, I always knew that I'd never be able to Plat this game (ever), but it would be a pleasure to try. I am not really a Race Car Video Game expert, like X_RaceKing_X (He's really good, just look at how many Trophy Guides he made about them  :giggle:). At the moment, only 2 simple trophies are unobtainable because of the Servers closure. These are: :bronze: Proud Owner &  :bronze: Course Designer.

• Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 (PES 2013) - To be honest, I love Football games. I don't care about how "Time-Consuming" the Become a Legend (BAL) trophies are, I can earn them all in time. That's why I don't need to rush (Now I have to, because I need to beat my fastest platinum {2 weeks, 5 days} *give me ideas guys!*). After I heard that the Servers were closed about 2 years ago, I just had to give up at 23%. PES 2013 has a lot of shiny  :silver: trophies! Which is awesome  B) . I wish Servers don't close as fast as EA does. They should at least close their Servers between after 12 months - 24 months. I have to say that this is my fault for buying this game too late, and I didn't know that Konami closed this game's Servers.

The Servers for this game are still on... Aren't they? Just like Motorstorm: Apocalypse. So, I think the Servers for Pacific Rift are still on. You can then platinum it.

Nope. Only Apocalypse servers are up.

Rift has been taken down long ago.

Just check the 100% Club for it.

http://psnprofiles.com/100-club/19-MotorStorm-Pacific-Rift

There are even achievers from 2012 in Latest Achievers =) The newer ones are either hackers or (more probable) those who had online trophies done before server closure and just finished up SP in recent years. 

• Like 2

Interesting thread. Even though I didn't give a fuck about trophies and completion when I started gaming, "my impossible list" is not as long as I expected :P

Would get the platinum

- FIFA 11. I bought it when I didn't care about % and I had no idea that the servers had gone offline a few months ago. I could never play MP, but I love the game.

- PES 2010. I didn't even buy this, it was a gift when I didn't cared about trophies. I used to love PES in PS2, but in PS3 they suck. Despite that hate, I would have loved to be able to play Online, since there are only 2 easy MP trophies.

Would never get the platinum or 100%

- NBA 2K11. Same as above. I bought it when I had started to get trophies though, but I didn't know how the game was. Even if the servers were opened, I'd never got the platinum since I suck at the individual carreer.

- Spartacus Legends. Even though I played it a lot and had time to get the 100%, it was insanely long and tedious, so even if servers were opened again, I'd say no thanks.

Interesting thread. Even though I didn't give a fuck about trophies and completion when I started gaming, "my impossible list" is not as long as I expected :P

Would get the platinum

- FIFA 11. I bought it when I didn't care about % and I had no idea that the servers had gone offline a few months ago. I could never play MP, but I love the game.

- PES 2010. I didn't even buy this, it was a gift when I didn't cared about trophies. I used to love PES in PS2, but in PS3 they suck. Despite that hate, I would have loved to be able to play Online, since there are only 2 easy MP trophies.

Would never get the platinum or 100%

- NBA 2K11. Same as above. I bought it when I had started to get trophies though, but I didn't know how the game was. Even if the servers were opened, I'd never got the platinum since I suck at the individual carreer.

- Spartacus Legends. Even though I played it a lot and had time to get the 100%, it was insanely long and tedious, so even if servers were opened again, I'd say no thanks.

The level 50 fame in Spartacus Legends was ridiculous. I played that game for many, many hours, even won an international tournament at one point (which granted me a special title called The Trickster) and I wasn't even fame level 20. Extremely tedious grind.

• Like 1

Very easy. Two games I can never 100% because of closed servers are:

Ghostbusters

F.E.A.R. 2

It would have been great to have the opportunity to earn the missing trophies legit, but as it stands it doesn't bother me too much as I've earned some of the online trophies. Also on PSNP I'm the last person to earn Untouchable on F.E.A.R. 2 so quite happy with that.

I don't really think much of it when a game's servers close off, and I'm stuck with MP trophies I was never really trying for anyway. However, one of the MLB THE SHOW games (I think 11) sits at a 95% or so, and it's because of two stupid trophies, one of them being the 500 XP trophy which is now unobtainable. They had retooled the online for that year in that you always got XP whether you won or lost, and it was easily within 10-15 more games if I just lost to high ranked opponents over and over, but I kept running into douche bags that were taking away all the fun, be it quitting when I was winning so I didn't get full credit for the disconnect or just being poor sports when they were mauling me... yeah.. no fun.

Looking back at it, I really could have just sat down one evening, toughed it out, but I just threw it on the back burner just long enough for the next years iteration to come out and the last year's game to become obsolete in both eyes of gamers and the developers, and they are really bad about pulling the plug quite soon after the new one comes out. I missed my opportunity to score an easy 1% ultra rare platinum, and it was for stupid reason I wish I could have back.

DiRT 2, the  last days I played it, only half of the online servers worked (you could play online, but some characteristics, as DIRTNET wasn't in service)

Yeah I hate it when something small like that prevents you from getting the plat. Same with the League trophy from Black Ops II I've heard about.

Resistance 2

Mortal Kombat (Vita)

WWE All Stars

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift

I never got around to playing any of them :(

I'm not a wrestling fan (been a while) but WWE All Stars is a fun arcade-style game and a stark contrast to WWE's annual (and much more popular) simulation-based 2K series, with the added flair (no pun intended) of prominently juxtaposing legendary wrestlers from "Macho Man" Randy Savage to Bret Hart with the usual, popular contemporary wrestlers.

I was so close to gaining the platinum but now that the game's servers are dead, the few online trophies I needed have rendered the task impossible.

I should also note my 1 pet peeve with this game: Players can't listen to the theme of any wrestler in its entirety! A shame since the awesome tunes match the classic roster.

Edited by AdventCloud7

Oh, I would say Heroes Over Europe.

Loved that game for some reason.

Haven't played that... Reminds me of Birds of Steel (even though that one came after). Checked out the trophy guide and it seems one of the trophies is still obtainable through a 5 player (!!!!) LAN network! Crazy  :D

Edited by Bubblyfishes