If you could platinum a game with closed servers, which would it be?

Thrintus

White Knight Chronicles, it would save me a ton of time. Although I could still do it without the servers up.

As for an unobtainable trophy blocking my plats, I think only Gran Turismo 5 would be on that list. I'm missing one of the two online trophies, but I suck too much to get the rest.

And Little Deviants doesn't have the server closed technically, but the studio was closed before the game released and one of the two online trophies is glitched as hell.

• Like 1

Black Ops 2. I wanted to have all the CoD plats, but that's simply not possible now and it's honestly somewhat depressing.

Next up I'd choose Midnight Club LA, Resistance 2, and NFS The Run (though EA claim to be looking in to this for a solution).

On a related note, it would also be great if the multiplayer wasn't broken for Crysis 2 and Twisted Metal.

Edited by GIONAScm2

Black Ops 2. I wanted to have all the CoD plats, but that's simply not possible now and it's honestly somewhat depressing.

Huh? Black Ops 2 still has open servers as far as I'm concerned.

Bulletstorm and because i'm a big racing fan Motorstorm Pacific Rift

Yeah I also have Motorstorm: PR on my trophy list. It sucks because the online trophies weren't that hard. But yeah, sad news. I wonder if the servers for Motorstorm: Apocalypse are still online...

I wonder if the servers for Motorstorm: Apocalypse are still online...

They are, yes.

I'd go with Bulletstorm.  If I'd finished the last 3 MP trophies before the servers closed, then I would have platinum already, but oh well.  Can't win 'em all.

Yeah, Boops 2 is still a go. Might be a little tough to find matches in League Play, but still obtainable. 

One of the trophies involves League Play, which was a competitive feature in BO2 that got removed when BO3 came out. The game's now permanently in "pre-season", rendering the trophy unobtainable. 

Edited by GIONAScm2

Leage play is down so you cant get the "win 5 leage matches" trophy anymore.

MK9 on the psvita. Got the bonus tower done ,almost all the regular challage towers, and half of the character max stats. That is when i realized the servers where down. I realized there was no point grinding characters for a plat that is no longer obtainable. So i poped out the cartridge and promptly sold that game along with COD declassified and Madden 12 on ebay.

I'm not going to make the same mistake with the ps3 vers as I just got the online done.

• Like 1

I feel if I would have gotten all of Resistance 2's SP trophies, I would have gone for the MP trophies since it would have just been a grind. But I didn't even attempt to clean up the SP trophies and didn't play too much of the MP before I abandoned the game.

Yeah I also have Motorstorm: PR on my trophy list. It sucks because the online trophies weren't that hard. But yeah, sad news. I wonder if the servers for Motorstorm: Apocalypse are still online...

Yes the Apocalypse servers are still online and you can still find some players, the trophies are quite easy, too. And i guess it'll stay online for the time being as the unlocking system (for vehicles, parts, vinyls etc.) is online-oriented.

Anyway, i say Pacific Rift, too!

Edited by Lance_87

One of the trophies involves League Play, which was a competitive feature in BO2 that got removed when BO3 came out. The game's now permanently in "pre-season", rendering the trophy unobtainable. 

Ah, I didn't know that. Shame.

Yes the Apocalypse servers are still online and you can still find some players, the trophies are quite easy, too. And i guess it'll stay online for the time being as the unlocking system (for vehicles, parts, vinyls etc.) is online-oriented.

Anyway, i say Pacific Rift, too!

Cool. I should probably pick it up before the servers go offline. Been doing a lot of Multiplayer trophies lately because you never know when they might shut the servers down with the PS4 out and all.

Resistance 2 and MLB the Show 10 and 11.

Oh yeah, Resistance 2. Such a shame. Hands down the best entry in the franchise.

Edited by Bubblyfishes
  • Like 1

There was one game i played for just over 9 years on the Xbox 360 and this was online only, with no single player and that game was FFXI (Final Fantasy 11 online).

It was not uncommon to wait around in towns completely dormant waiting for people to 'shout' for the quest you needed to do, i mean literally hours, sometimes real life days of inactivity... and this was not isolated.

My two best friends during this time were both Japanese and during the tsunami of 2011 one of them sadly lost their life, this spelt the beginning of the end of the game for me.

That said, this one game would have been perfect if it had a single player mode, like SAO does for example.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

Interesting topic, I have around 6-7 games like this but FEAR 2 and MotorStorm Pacific Rift I would like to have most. 

I was checking out the trophy guide for FEAR 2 earlier this week and yeah I saw they were closed. Project Origin was definitely the best one. The first one just felt too clunky for me albeit having decent scares, and the third FEAR was what Dead Space 3 was to its franchise: trading scares for action.

• Like 1

There was one game i played for just over 9 years on the Xbox 360 and this was online only, with no single player and that game was FFXI (Final Fantasy 11 online).

It was not uncommon to wait around in towns completely dormant waiting for people to 'shout' for the quest you needed to do, i mean literally hours, sometimes days of inactivity... and this was not isolated.

My two best friends during this time were both Japanese and sadly during the tsunami of 2011 one of them was unlucky to lose their life, this spelt the beginning of the end of the game for me.

That said, this one game would have been perfect if it had a single player mode, like SAO does for example.

FFXI remains in my top 5 games I have ever played.

Wow... I'm so sorry to hear that... I was reading this comment with anticipation and suddenly stopped and got a nasty feeling in my throat. I hope you're doing well now. Sorry if I sound like a complete idiot saying this but if you need someone to speak to, you may always PM me. :)

• Like 1

It's all good, we had a community of friends and i was not the only one to quit the game when he died, it just brought things into reality, it was a terrible time, but i cannot imagine how it was for the people of Japan and other people who lost family members.

I did add a final paragraph onto the end of my previous post sorry, which might have been over seen.

Lastly I want to say that during the tsunami of 2011 SE kept on sending emails and apologising to the subscribers of FFXI because the servers were down, when the servers came back on we got a free months play and some free items in game... the whole time was very surreal, we didn't hear about our friend until several weeks after... I kept my FFXI character paid for until November of 2015... which was 9 years since creation.

Edited by JapanimeGamer
  • Like 1