If you could platinum a game with closed servers, which would it be?

Thrintus

Darksiders 2, White Knight Chronicles (even though you still can get the plat, but with the servers online, it cuts down the time significantly), Ghostbusters, MAG (never played it), Unreal Tournament 3 and a few others I'm missing. Will update as I remember.

Edited by kidson2004

Fifa 09,10

LOTR : Conquest. 

Got platinum but i would like to have 100% completion on Motorstorm PR. I really liked that game.

Still have Motorstorm PR lying around here. Need to complete it asap. Grats on your plat!

Binary Domain.

Yeah, I know the servers are not down yet but I can't see them being up for much longer. 100 hour MP grind? No thank you

You think that's much? Try Inversion or Razing Storm  :D

Try White Knight Chronicles International and 2 without servers. ~1.2k (ish) hours for a full offline platinum. Georama community was a major thing for the game, because you could focus into one specific category for your town, then go to another player's town and get the materials you can't get because of your choice - so if I filled my town with miners, I'd have to go to another player's town to get plants and whatnot. Without servers, it means that:

1. You have to upgrade your Georama to max level (which already requires GR21+ and a bunch of cash).
  2. Have access to all the possible recruitable residents (from lv 1 to lv 10 and their ridiculous extra requirements).
  3. Max a main + sub category (which I think it's nearly impossible without statues, which were online-only).
  4. Stockpile as many ingredients from that particular category as you can, then remove everything.
  5. Choose a new main + sub category
  6. Repeat steps 3-6

Also, having 4/6 players with specific roles for quests, way better than 2 multi-role NPCs, or going solo (as in WKC1).

MAG....... I just wish I could still play it regardless of trophies. And I wish Zipper were still around working on a sequel. My favorite PS3 game. Also wish DICE would copy the 256 player mode for Battlefield. Have four 64 player games going simultaneously that contribute to one overall outcome.

Try White Knight Chronicles International and 2 without servers. ~1.2k (ish) hours for a full offline platinum. Georama community was a major thing for the game, because you could focus into one specific category for your town, then go to another player's town and get the materials you can't get because of your choice - so if I filled my town with miners, I'd have to go to another player's town to get plants and whatnot. Without servers, it means that:

1. You have to upgrade your Georama to max level (which already requires GR21+ and a bunch of cash).
  2. Have access to all the possible recruitable residents (from lv 1 to lv 10 and their ridiculous extra requirements).
  3. Max a main + sub category (which I think it's nearly impossible without statues, which were online-only).
  4. Stockpile as many ingredients from that particular category as you can, then remove everything.
  5. Choose a new main + sub category
  6. Repeat steps 3-6

Also, having 4/6 players with specific roles for quests, way better than 2 multi-role NPCs, or going solo (as in WKC1).

Yeah I know that. But we were talking MP boosting. Warhawk is still the worst platinum to get. 

I only have two I'd really work to platinum in GTA 5 and UFC Undisputed 3. I was overseas at the time and locked out of the online portion of UFC 3 on my American account because it was region locked (Chinese version of the game). I wasn't keen on making a new account just for one game so I figured I'd wait until I returned to the US. I'll always regret that decision.

Servers still on on PC?

Don't know to be honest, never played the MP, I hate MP, only do it to get the trophies so no trophies on PC = no MP for. I'm not even sure if the PC version even has MP lol but I do know that the servers are still up on the 360 version, or at least they where until recently.

• Like 1

I would love to have had the We Play thing going during my attempt at White Knight Chronicles. I was doing it with 1 other guy and by the end my motivation was gone.

I think if I could have teamed up with 3 or more people from the site I could have gotten it and had a really fun time doing it as well :)

I know the platinum is still technically possible...but I ain't doing it solo

Ehhhh, i have soooo many games that i want to plat but, because of the server closure, i can't. They are: FEAR 2: Project Origin, Overlord II, Ghostbusters: The Videogame, Homefront, JASF: Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, MX vs ATV: Reflex, Ridge Racer: Unbounded, Section 8, Section 8: Prejudice, Superstars V8: Next Challenge, The Lord Of The Rings: Conquest, WRC 1, WRC 2

For the arcade, i have one game to want to 100% but, because of the servers, i can't: Wheels Of Destruction: World Tour

Edited by APCGrayLocked