If you could platinum a game with closed servers, which would it be?

Thrintus

It's a game I haven't started yet, but it would be cool if the servers for Midnight Club: Los Angeles were still up.

The worst part is: The GameSpy-shutdown only affected the PS3-version of the game. :(

Ugh I hate it when games' multiplayer are GameSpy based. Like, every game before 2010 seemed to suffer from that.

There's 3 on my list that come to mind

Technically only 2 qualify because 1 is still obtainable but...ehhh, whatever :)

Family Game Night - There's a single online trophy, basically to just play any game once in online mode..I downloaded the game a few months after the servers closed and I was unaware that it was shut down so I'm forever at 99%

PSN should really RED BOLD games with offline servers

Free Realms - free to play but I didn't get into it and I then noticed it was pay to win because you needed a subscription

DCUO - another free to play pay to win, well it's not exactly pay to win and it's still available, I do realize this..I wanted to play the game but had no interest after making my first character

I would like to have the platinum but will never bring myself to redownloading and sinking my time into it

Yeah I also have Motorstorm: PR on my trophy list. It sucks because the online trophies weren't that hard.

I have the PR plat. The online trophies were very, very, very hard. You had to reach top rank, and lost rank if you didn't place high enough, and gained virtually nothing by beating low level racers.

So to reach max rank, you either needed to play this game very early after release, or be very, very good. Even with boosting, it took a ton of races against idling top ranked players, in order to hit max rank. Legit, well, I don't think many people would have the time/skill.

Anyway, no games on my list have closed servers that I don't have the plat for. I guess Darksiders II, which I own but haven't played, and probably won't start now (I'll get the PS4 version instead as it has no online) would be one I'd add to the list.

Blitz the League 2. Have every trophy, but the online ones. Had real issues with the online before the servers ever shut down. My main account wouldn't connect, even tho my wife's, son's, and my secondary would. Tried everything before the shutdown, but never found a fix and now never will.

I'd go for Bulletstorm on this account. Played it like mad on Half-H3ro just before the servers got shut down and got the plat, but never bought the DLC so I didn't get 100%. 

Hearing that general's voice over and over again got really annoying on the road to Level 65, though...

Overlord II

I love the first two games.

Servers were shut down w/o any prior notification. I hate it when that happens. They should announce server closures at least a few months in advance.

Funny thing is (I guess not so funny cuz the joke's on me), I had the game when the servers were still up. By the time I started playing it, they went down and I didn't even find out till I was well into it.

That's why now I check if servers still work on every game I buy and usually go for online trophies ASAP.