They haven't turned it off yet! Server shutdown supposed to be on August 31, 2016!

I'm interested in doing this game so I won't miss the chance to complete all the LBP games in my account. I will need to buy the physical version though casuse I heard the online is glitched in the digital version, and I only got that one.

I have the digital, only few trophies popped op later or were a bit glitchy, one of the 25 matches (Dive in or Samples), About me (had to play another match for latest aktivity after changing all and then 1-2 minutes later it popped up) and the crowd trophy (about 12 players played it, but first got it after I played it).

And don't forget: you have to play 100 different community levels.

• Like 1

I have the disc copy and I had to wait like 12 hours before anything showed up in Recent Activity under my profile but something eventually popped up and I got that trophy. I had 12 players on my P4P level and Crowd Pleaser didn't pop until I played the level myself.

After getting all the online trophies (but particularly Online Champ) I can say I won't mourn the passing of this games online. Issues I had playing with someone else included them popping in and out of the session or getting kicked repeatedly, the voting system glitching out and filling all the checkboxes (then you have to return to you pod and try again or get sent to a random level, usually a story VS one). One time it lost my queue, another time a random player I wasn't playing with got overlapped with my character and I was in their pod. Weird stuff. When I was playing with one person, they originally joined me but I couldn't keep them around long enough to load up a 1 second level, they got kicked 3 times in a row. I joined them and it worked ok from then on.

At least Crowd Pleaser didn't require 50 unique plays like other LBP games.

Edited by mking_63

Hell.

Well, I never did start playing it, I don't think the trophies are even installed on my profile, and I don't have enough friends, time and/or energy to get all the online stuff done by the end of August, so... sod it. I may as well just delete it. *sighs* It was free on PS+ anyway.

What's the point of even bothering to sell games with a huge online multiplayer part to them if they'll only work for a couple of years, 5 max, before the servers are shut down? :( It's stupid! *sighs again*

Good luck, you guys.

I got physical release of Asian version and the online pass code still working if anyone's from Asian countries was wondering. Btw, the online pass is not free from my country PS Store like the NA Store, so you might want consider that if you get a used copy. As for the online trophies, it's not too bad as you might think.

Hell.

Well, I never did start playing it, I don't think the trophies are even installed on my profile, and I don't have enough friends, time and/or energy to get all the online stuff done by the end of August, so... sod it. I may as well just delete it. *sighs* It was free on PS+ anyway.

What's the point of even bothering to sell games with a huge online multiplayer part to them if they'll only work for a couple of years, 5 max, before the servers are shut down? :( It's stupid! *sighs again*

Good luck, you guys.

I got the online stuff done in like 2 days, so don't worry about it being a huge time commitment. There's tons of people boosting so you can get it done pretty quick.

LBP is really heavy on the multiplayer aspect, so I'm really disappointed on them to give up on this game instead of just fixing the bugs. Sure, it's not the most amazing game, but it's pretty fun. I enjoyed playing it.

Wait, who is LBP's developer?

LBP 1 was Media Molecule

LBP PSP was SCE Cambridge and Media Molecule

LBP2 was Media Molecule

LBP Karting was United Front games, SCE San Diego and Media Molecule

LBP Vita was Tarsier Studios and Double Eleven

LBP4 was Sumo Digital

I think Karting had too many hands in the pot and got little to no attention as an "also project."

I've had this on disc since shortly after release. I've got the LBP1 plat, I'm one trophy away from LBP2 plat and I have LBP3 plat. I should just finish up Vita and knock the online trophies out, just to have it, but I just don't think I'll have the time to dedicate to it and it'll be one more unfinished game on my profile.

LBP 1 was Media Molecule

LBP PSP was SCE Cambridge and Media Molecule

LBP2 was Media Molecule

LBP Karting was United Front games, SCE San Diego and Media Molecule

LBP Vita was Tarsier Studios and Double Eleven

LBP4 was Sumo Digital

I think Karting had too many hands in the pot and got little to no attention as an "also project."

I've had this on disc since shortly after release. I've got the LBP1 plat, I'm one trophy away from LBP2 plat and I have LBP3 plat. I should just finish up Vita and knock the online trophies out, just to have it, but I just don't think I'll have the time to dedicate to it and it'll be one more unfinished game on my profile.

Lol, you could make a LBP Platinum collection in your profile... You got good games.

I just bought a refurbished PS3 Slim today (after my 80GB died a couple of years ago). Downloading this now to try to knock over the Plat, if possible, before server close.

I got the plat in 4 days, 23 hours and 6 minutes so you should be fine. There is probably more interest in boosting this game right now than there has been in years. Post your plat times itt!

So the consensus was that the online of the game only works with the disc copy and not digital right?

I'm sure I've seen people on this site saying they've been going through the digital copy just fine but there might be regional issues I'm not aware of. One thing I will say about the disc copy is the last step I took in my process was to delete the updates in order to make the one challenge in world 4 ("Stuck in a jam") a lot easier to 100%. I just deleted the update and fired the game back up but if your using the digital copy you would have to delete the whole game, re-download the initial (10+ Gb) game and then play without the updates. Forewarned, you could download the game and then get to world 5 before running the updates allowing you to get online.

Huh, apparently they are also terminating online support for Little Big Planet PSP on July 31st, 2016.

https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/games/littlebigplanet-psp/

PSP didn't have trophy support so there are no trophies to worry about but if you own that game and remembered some fun levels then you might want to take an offline copy I guess.

According to some gaming sites, they're shutting down the online for ALL LBP GAMES on July 31, at least in Japan.

So yeah, expect a complete shutdown in a couple of months.

Any links? LBP3 on PS4 uses all the LBP 1 and 2 levels from PS3 so it seems like shutting down servers for a game that's about a year and a half old is kinda extreme...

Karting is kinda understandable. Flaky servers, especially for digital versions made it seem like very little participation. And LBP PSP is almost 8 years old and probably getting very little activity because of it's age and lack of integration with LBP 1, 2 and 3 servers.

Without knowing what sources the gaming sites are pulling from, I'm very doubtful there is any truth to ALL LBP GAMES getting their servers shut down.

If they do, would that make LBP 3 the first big PS4 game with a server shutdown or has there already been some?

Any links? LBP3 on PS4 uses all the LBP 1 and 2 levels from PS3 so it seems like shutting down servers for a game that's about a year and a half old is kinda extreme...

Karting is kinda understandable. Flaky servers, especially for digital versions made it seem like very little participation. And LBP PSP is almost 8 years old and probably getting very little activity because of it's age and lack of integration with LBP 1, 2 and 3 servers.

Without knowing what sources the gaming sites are pulling from, I'm very doubtful there is any truth to ALL LBP GAMES getting their servers shut down.

If they do, would that make LBP 3 the first big PS4 game with a server shutdown or has there already been some?

I think some sports games were already shut down on PS4.

Also, sources:

http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/online/pcjs50003.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/4qkwm0/littlebigplanet_3_servers_to_be_shut_off_in_japan/

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/30/littlebigplanet-series-online-services-ending-japan-july-31/

Edited by Lance_87