Favorite god of war game, suggestions?

MyToiletBrush

God of War 1. The scene with Kratos trying to protect his family from himself, with the house being teared apart and the amazing soundtrack, is truly epic. If someone ever makes the mistake of making a live action God of War movie, they have to try and make this scene.

Edited by ab4h4r4k1

My favs would be God of War II alongside III . But the epic battles with the Gods on the 3rd installment are way epic so i'd give GOW III a thumbs ups as my personal fav.

The PSP collection is also great but not as epic as the trilogy story action  :)

Honestly, I treat them all as one giant game where at each end of gow, there is to be continued.... Till gow3.

Gow started them all with a beautiful introduction and with no other PS game like it at its time.

Gow 2 was IMO the best in terms of set pieces, gameplay, puzzles, story.

The third had the best fights period and best bosses. Kratos obliterates the entire Greek Pantheon!

Gow CoO, very nice game but too short and it's understandable since it was on PSP. Provided nice back story

Gow GoS, Same as CoO where it's too short but has a nice story. I platted both PSP gowsgows in a day or less,:/

Gow Ascension. Idk I felt it was missing something or maybe the bosses weren't as good as 3, but perhaps this due to feeling overpowered already or being confident as kratos killed all the gods and his foes seem insignificant. Also perhaps I felt tired playing gow after playing all 5 games, and some even 2 playthroughs!

Now with new gow I'm excited more than ever with their new formula as lets be honest, after the seventh installment it has to get boring at some point =p

Honestly, I treat them all as one giant game where at each end of gow, there is to be continued.... Till gow3.

Gow started them all with a beautiful introduction and with no other PS game like it at its time.

Gow 2 was IMO the best in terms of set pieces, gameplay, puzzles, story.

The third had the best fights period and best bosses. Kratos obliterates the entire Greek Pantheon!

Gow CoO, very nice game but too short and it's understandable since it was on PSP. Provided nice back story

Gow GoS, Same as CoO where it's too short but has a nice story. I platted both PSP gowsgows in a day or less,:/

Gow Ascension. Idk I felt it was missing something or maybe the bosses weren't as good as 3, but perhaps this due to feeling overpowered already or being confident as kratos killed all the gods and his foes seem insignificant. Also perhaps I felt tired playing gow after playing all 5 games, and some even 2 playthroughs!

Now with new gow I'm excited more than ever with their new formula as lets be honest, after the seventh installment it has to get boring at some point =p

Yeah God of War: Ascension definitely lacked something. I understand it's a prequel which comes with more limited gameplay and plot, but the whole "change your element to beat this enemy" thing got on my nerves real quick. It still felt epic (because after all, it's still God of War) but I don't know. Wasn't the biggest fan.

I think all of them is atleast 8/10 and above. Including Ascension.

You should really play them in order, chronological order that is. In my opinion it becomes way better then playing 1 - 3 then Ascension and the PSP titles. It starts with Ascension, in wich Kratos seeks the gods help. In Chain of Olympus he is helping the gods. In God of War 1 he gets his final mission from the gods. In Ghost of Sparta he is looking for answers of his past. In Betreyal (Phone game, you can skip it) he's making the gods angry. In God of War 2 he gets betrayed by the gods because of the their anger and God of War 3 is Kratos revenge / redemption story.

If you play it in this order, you will see the story from a lot better and grounded perspective then just Gow 1 - 3. GoW 1 could be awesome, then if you just play 2 you could see Kratos as a pretty boring guy "Huh, he doesn't have any emotions what so ever" even though Ghost of Sparta is an emotional story that comes before the second game that show Kratos in a whole other way. Ascension, GoS and 3 actually has a lot of emotions from Kratos wich makes the entire story A LOT better imo, and makes Kratos a much more loveable character then he would be if you played 1 - 3. The important theme here is, either play 1 - 3 in that order or play A - 3 (In the order I wrote above)

Imo I love them all, but I'd rate them like this if I had to: God of War III > God of War I > God of War II > God of War Ghost of Sparta > God of War Ascension > God of War Chains of Olympus. Im not counting Betreyal since its a phone game. God of War III is a spectacle, its my favourite game of all time and I've played it a dozen times or so. I hope you enjoy and love this amazing series, and just ask me anything if you have questions and/or troubles :)

Yeah God of War: Ascension definitely lacked something. I understand it's a prequel which comes with more limited gameplay and plot, but the whole "change your element to beat this enemy" thing got on my nerves real quick. It still felt epic (because after all, it's still God of War) but I don't know. Wasn't the biggest fan.

I'm in the same bubble. I heard it got mixed reviews and I was like nope I have to try it myself and now I see why its my least favourite gow

• 4 weeks later...

I believe GOW3 is the best. You get an awesome gameplay, epic boss fights and its the conclusion to the trilogy. On the other hand my favourite is GOW2 , its story nice and it links almost all the games.

If i had to rank them I would say III>II>I>GoS>Ascension>CoO.

Edited by TheGwynbleidd