PS3 will die soon or will live long ?

Natsuu24

i dont see a purpose to do so, especially with the inclusion of trophies. whats to say in 3 years someone decides to go buy a game on ps3 cause its cheaper in 2019 than it was today. should they be not able to get any trophies or sync for what they earned. i think at the very least, Trophy Sync should always be a possibility. But some games online servers for ps3 as well as PSN store on PS3 could be shut down yes.

I think Ps3 wont ever die....its such a staple system. It won't die like the Wii or the Xbox 360 (360 is dead-ish, to me anyway) at least. It will still have a purpose somewhere. I have close to fifty games on the ps3 and lots of plats to get, i will definitely keep playing mine, tho the only difficulty im having is getting used to the graphics again.

I think Ps3 wont ever die....its such a staple system. It won't die like the Wii or the Xbox 360 (360 is dead-ish, to me anyway) at least. It will still have a purpose somewhere. I have close to fifty games on the ps3 and lots of plats to get, i will definitely keep playing mine, tho the only difficulty im having is getting used to the graphics again.

It will die online wise though.

PS3 definitely still has some life left in it, but to be honest I haven't touched mine since I got a PS4. I'm thinking about buying a super slim from my local wal-mart just to have one in storage, though. I have a backlog of about 30 games not counting plus ones.

Only 2 days ago I bought my 2nd PS3.

I believed it was a 160gb slim as it came boxed pre-owned from my local GAME store in the UK in a 160gb box etc and I paid for a 160gb.

When I got home and turned it on (she is sooo sooo quiet) I was curious how much storage I had left out of the 160gb as the system always takes some away, so I checked and the PS3 said 268gb remaining out of 298gb.

Instantly it was obvious that there was a 320gb HDD in it not a 160gb, which was a huge bonus to me, the console and the dual shock pad are both in mint condition, I am fussy about 2nd hand goods but this really is mint and I doubt it had been used a lot for gaming, the pad is absolutely spotless.

My 80gb has now been resigned to a 'back up' in case of emergencies only.

I too do not believe the PS3 is going to 'die' anytime soon, even if no more games were ever released on it, there is still a huge library out there to keep it going for some time yet.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

I play my PS3 a lot more that my PS4 these days, didn't think I would be the only one to do so. Should of figured due to the lack of games at the moment well for me anyway the PS4 is underwhelming for me outside of fighting games.  

Edited by Maximum_Ride_XII
  • Like 1

As long as Europe doesn't have PS Now... 

I started playing on the PS3 in 2014 january, so I have a shit ton of a backlog, including PS2 remasters since I never owned a PS1-2.

So yeah, I'm staying.

Edited by fbdbh

I play my PS3 a lot more that my PS4 these days, didn't think I would be the only one to do so. Should of figured due to the lack of games at the moment well for me anyway the PS4 is underwhelming for me outside of fighting games.  

I agree. Very little reason to play on the PS4 aside from multiplayer. Of course, there are some great games like Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Witcher 3, etc. But aside from a few top tier games, I stick to my PS3 mostly.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure that Sony stopped supporting PS2 and its games, because the PS2 itself has no support on PlayStation Network. The only thing that PS2 does is browse through the Memory Card (8MB or 16MB), go through options if there's no disc in the system, etc... I mean, what kind of system has few features like that? If you're playing a game that has a storyline or missions, you have to play with a Memory Card to save, since it has no Auto-Save. If a user doesn't have a Memory Card, then you'll just have to start all over from scratch. 

I'm pretty sure UK has it.

Oh... wait... Europe...

Anyway, I believe some countries have access to the Beta from 2015... I don't think it's not functional yet, or is it?

Well it ain't going to work well in countries like Italy anyway...

The ps2 was just recently stopped in production, and that was a while ago! PS3 won't last as long in terms of production as the ps2, but I wouldn't worry for at least a few more years. Like said before, the vita is still supported(by third party developers at least)

• Like 1

Well it ain't going to work well in countries like Italy anyway...

It works well in the UK, why not?

I think the only limitation for a European Union-wide release is Germany's censure policies, they'd have to check all the games again.

I'm pretty sure UK has it.

Oh... wait... Europe...

Anyway, I believe some countries have access to the Beta from 2015... I don't think it's not functional yet, or is it?

Haha, right.

Well, UK is a different region from the European region - it has the same physical releases, but a different PSN Store, currency is also different. Sony is a visionary. 

Still going to play my PS3 most likely and I believe the servers will stay up for a while longer. Only reason to panic is when more games online servers get cut on PS3 and then PSN itself gets cut on the PS3.

As I use Youtube and Crunchyroll a lot on my PS3. :P

Edited by Cielle