what kind of trophy hunter are you

what kind of trophy hunter are you  

91 members have voted

1. 1. how much do you value the fun of the game in comparison to trophy hunting

• i only play games i like. no matter which trophies it has.
    • i only play games i like but if a game has trophies i like, i can play a game i like somewhat less
    • i compare the trophies and fun with each other because they are equal to me
    • i play almost any game with a trophy list i like, just the ones i really don't like i won't play
    • i play every game with trophies i like. no matter if i like the game or not
    • i play only the games i like and have a trophy list i like. if any of them misses i won't play it
  2. 2. what does value more to you: platinums or trophy level/total amount

• platinums
    • trophy level/total amunt
  3. 3. what do you like more: getting a huge amount of trophies by playing lots of easy games or games who are really hard

I voted trophies and game are equal, platinum, hard and less. Though tbh the last one is a mixed grab. I play some easy games, but I would prefer to have a platinum that's ultra rare or notorious for its platinum difficulty or rarity.

Also it's very true I treat trophies and the games equally. For example I've tried playing the soul series but it just wasn't my cup of tea i would rather have a plat that's enjoyable and difficult otherwise there's nothing to motivate me. I'd want somebody to say, damn he beat this game and got its plat, and not he has a lot of money to spare to buy cheap games ( 6 sound shapes for example :P) So there's that :)

Edited by poopooblast

I play only games that interest me and if the trophies are really hard, I suck it up and do my best to get them, the only exception are fighting games because I suck at them but I always try to get as many trophies as i can (except with mortal kombat 9 I think i got most of the hardest trophies but i refuse to make that grind), though I prefer to have less but harder (or grindier) trophies I don’t mind getting easy ones as long the game is good, or at least it seemed good at the time I decided to play it (I had my fair share of regrets), for example I decide to play Steins; Gate because the good critics and some of them say its one of the best visual novels ever (I loved Zero escape) and not because its a easy trophy (although I’m not complaining :D)  plus it was on sale this past week, but I will never play a kiddie game just to have a easy platinum.

• Like 1

I certainly wouldn't play a game just based on the trophy list, games are for enjoyment. Platinums and hard/less, if you are going to do something, make it something to be proud of. (although I'm no fan of online multiplayer grinds)

99% of the time I check out the trophy list before buying a game, but I would never play it just based on that. The game has to be fun too.

I'm definitely more of a plat hunter. There are more and more games out there with DLCs and some I don't care about so 100% is not for me (unless no plat).

For the last question I think it needs a middle ground. I chose "easy and much" just because I don't like hard games (but also won't go for super easy just to boost my trophy count). I like to stay in the 4-6/10 difficulty range. And as far as number of trophies go, I really don't care.

Edited by DizzyDavidson
  • Like 1

The insanely persistent kind. Like so persistent I have achieved platinum trophies that are insane to even try for and I have completed multiplayer portions of games that are also ultra rare plats.

Essentially, and ultra rare trophy hunter but I don't exclusively hunt ultra rares and I have to like the game as well in some way or form.

If i only consider playing within the last year my answer is: i play games mostly because i like them. But i tried several just because they seemed to have easy platinum trophy (i was wrong sometimes i.e. Resogun :facepalm: ) :D

Up to now there's only 1 game so far where i didn't get 100% even though i have all dlcs (Metro Last Light)... that bothers me really :S:P

(Dante's Inferno isn't finished yet too, but is in progress xD )

And deciding easy or difficult game: depends on the game... something like GT5 was really hard to get, but once i set my mind i'll overcome every challenge (only exception see above) :)

But for something like spring/summer backlog challenge i prefer easier and faster over difficult and long games

• 2 weeks later...

"I only play games i like. no matter which trophies it has." - Voted on this

I like to hunt down every signle trophy in games I like even if it takes hundreds of hours :D but I wouldnt mind playing games without trophies as well, as long as they are good.

I dont really like playing same games for multiple plats thou. 

• Like 1

I play what i love, there is a ton of games i hate on my profile (i'm looking at Diablo 3, my friend gave it to me and i played like a dumb little shit) but i completed it anyway. I'll get any platinum trophy, as long as it isn't hannah montana.

I only put time into ultra rare games when i have decent free time to play, i hate starting hard games and having leave it because work and university are in my way.

Edited by Pavani_

I play any game that I like, even though it has Hard Trophies. I am an Enthusiast Trophy Hunter, but having Platinums that are scarce is almost better than having Common ones. Every time I go broke, I either play a Sports game (mostly FIFA), or I look through the Trophies from a game that I didn't earn, and then I earn them. 

I'm a prettyyyy casual trophy hunter. I would NEVER boost for a game like Razing Storm, Inversion, Binary Domain, Warhawk or any other game that requires an insane amount of input. I don't see the fun in that. Boosting for games like Assassin's Creed is hardly as troublesome and can actually be fun with a decent group. Increasing completion rate is fun but not mandatory for me.

OP, why so much oblivion for our beloved trophy whores , completionists, OCDs?   I want answers  :comp:

Don't worry, you don't need to write the question/option with those words, but you can find below the whole idea:

I like to play games in general and collect trophies, during the process I'll find very fun games and meh ones, but still I'll try to collect as much as trophies as I can.

Edited by GoldenShaka

OP, why so much oblivion for our beloved trophy whores , completionists, OCDs?   I want answers  :comp:

Don't worry, you don't need to write the question/option with those words, but you can find below the whole idea:

I like to play games in general and collect trophies, during the process I'll find very fun games and meh ones, but still I'll try to collect as much as trophies as I can.

lol nice word choices :D

now the answer:

the reason of the first question is to compare how much you value the fun of the game itself to the fun of the trophy hunt. (and yes i did'nt put options like random gaming into it because i assumed nhot many people play a game randomly when it may be a bad game without decent trophies. besides if i put all kinds of options like: i play game i dont like and without trophies, i assumed no one would choose that anyway and it will probably exceed the limit of 20 options)

the second one is because there are trophy hunters who value plats most and there are the ones who value the total/level the most. (i know all the trophies matter to trpohy hunters (me also) but it is about the MOST important one)

the third one is about easy or hard: this because some people like to get as much as possible trophies, you can do this with the easiest games. and there are people who like most to get at least 1 trophy which is insanely hard to get, and you do this with the hardest games which also means that if you play hard games your total will increase slower. (that's why it is easy and much OR hard and less)

i hope this answers your question. if not then ask me what isn't clear yet.

one last thing: your story sounds most like the 4th or 5th option of question 1.

Edited by yiazmat50112254

I only play games I like, if it has trophies then it's a plus. But even if it's a game I love if the trophy list is bad such as just a bunch of grinding and stuff then I just put off going for the trophies at least for a while. I generally have more fun platting a really difficult game than grinding the life out of me.

Both platinums and level matter to me, but platinums I'm slightly more proud of. Level shows your overall progress playing games, while platinums show that you did everything there is in a certain game.

Definitely getting trophies for harder games are more rewarding, so it feels better getting those trophies. But if a game is good, then it's good. It doesn't matter how hard it is, any game I love I usually get the plat.

lol nice word choices :D

now the answer:

the reason of the first question is to compare how much you value the fun of the game itself to the fun of the trophy hunt. (and yes i did'nt put options like random gaming into it because i assumed nhot many people play a game randomly when it may be a bad game without decent trophies. besides if i put all kinds of options like: i play game i dont like and without trophies, i assumed no one would choose that anyway and it will probably exceed the limit of 20 options)

the second one is because there are trophy hunters who value plats most and there are the ones who value the total/level the most. (i know all the trophies matter to trpohy hunters (me also) but it is about the MOST important one)

the third one is about easy or hard: this because some people like to get as much as possible trophies, you can do this with the easiest games. and there are people who like most to get at least 1 trophy which is insanely hard to get, and you do this with the hardest games which also means that if you play hard games your total will increase slower. (that's why it is easy and much OR hard and less)

i hope this answers your question. if not then ask me what isn't clear yet.

one last thing: your story sounds most like the 4th or 5th option of question 1.

Hmm, considering your explanation I think the closest one would be option number 4.

Fun and trophies alike. If the game is fun and addictive, i'll tackle it, if the game has a list of easy trophies, i'll get them all. I root more the level. I see the leveling up as a series of milestones and finally the easy and much tropihies gets associated with the level up option. Easy: If you want fast and easy leveling up, you will get a bunch of easy trophies.

i play most games AAA or popular PSN games. Easy platinums from games im interested in playing. If a game has a grindy online set of trophies, i will not platinum it because time is limited and i dont have the time to put 50+ hrs in a multiplayer game for 5 bronze trophies when i can play an entire new game. 

For example; I never thought I would fall in love with FFXIII's triology. I end up getting the platinum for ALL 3 games!! But that is because i enjoyed the games enough to put in the time. 280+ hrs to platinum all of them!! But a game like CoD or Tomb Raider or Destiny, I wouldnt waste my time trying to just grind for a trophy. 

mannysevenDX.png