A go-kart racing bear?

ShadowStar83x

I'm so pissed right now cause i don't have a PS4 to play this awesome Mario Kart killer . But seriously this might be the game to convince me to buy a brand new PS4 , no questions about it .

This game is new version of good old Tux Kart from Linux.

Anyone who doesn't have 4 controllers, just remember you can sideload the Remote Play app onto just about any Android phone this side of 2010 that sold for more than 5 bucks at launch. I've actually got it running on my old Xperia Play and trust me, it's even better than playing on a Vita.

Anyway, the point is that you can load that app up on your phone, an old phone (most people have one sitting around), and if you've got 2 controllers you're already set, otherwise get a friend's phone or something. 

Isn't Xperia Sony though?

EDIT: Ah, they got it available for any android now! Nice! Might change my N++ guide with this info! :)

Edited by MMDE

Would get just for the title alone....

Great some Steam games are coming on to PS4....hopefully more follow.

um the ps4 is always getting steam games every month, you can tell because 99% of all of them are crappy unfinished indies, you know your typical steam game.

some examples of steam games that got a ps4 release: 7 days to die, goat simulator, gone home, surgeon simulator, layers of fear, among the sleep, emily wants to play, octodad, white night, grow home, etc... the list is sooo big. and some others that are coming out soon are five nights at freddys remake, amnesia, penumbra, dear esther, etc...

but there's always like 5 or 10 steam games coming to ps4 every month based on the ps blog's releases threads.

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

Release date is Tuesday 9th Of August. (thats for Europe. U.S release date TBC)

It'll be under £10 & will have a PS+ discount.

There is no online to the game (MP or leaderboards)

There is no 'story' mode. Three modes available are  : single race, time trial & picnic (a twist on battle mode)

There are trophies for activating various difficult settings because there are no menus at all in the game. Difficulty is set by driving in to different icons on the map.

Devs had nothing to do with CTR. But the game is influenced by it.

For 2 player online there's always shareplay. For 4 player trophies use a combination of shareplay & the remote app on some android devices.

Game features:

• Tight controls
  • Fast paced action
  • 3 themes with Unique hub worlds
  • 3 Unique game modes
  • 3 Difficulty modes
  • 12 Tracks
  • 4 Player Split-screen
  • Up to 11 Ai opponents
  • No menus
  • 4 Pickups
  • 8 total pickup combinations
  • Like 3

For 2 player online there's always shareplay. For 4 player trophies use a combination of shareplay & the remote app on some android devices.

This really kind of sucks. It's a bit ridiculous to expect people to have 3 other people or use share play and remote play to gain a trophy. 

• Like 1

Too bad the game won't be released though put Europe, but only in a select few countries. At least not in Germany and the Netherlands.

Source: PS Store Update

Checking PSPrices the game is available in:

Czech Republic

India

Republic of Ireland

Romania

South Africa

UK

Might have missed one or two countries but if that's true, that's a pretty strange selection of countries. oO

Checking PSPrices the game is available in:

Czech Republic

India

Republic of Ireland

Romania

South Africa

UK

Might have missed one or two countries but if that's true, that's a pretty strange selection of countries. oO

It's out over here as I picked it up last night. Haven't got around to playing it but if it's as much like CTR as it looks I think I'll enjoy it. 

The problem seems to be that the game is missing the store metadata for all the stores which have a non-english language as a default:

https://twitter.com/ArranLangmead/status/763098243395878913

Again this bullshit agenda of Sony that doesn't really help. :\

Everyone's a WINNER... Not you though seems like a tricky one. Hopefully it can be done in online otherwise getting four people together will be a challenge!

Nope, it's local multiplayer only:

https://twitter.com/ArranLangmead/status/762297607905501184

• 3 months later...

I really wish they had not released this in EU

Then I would not have bought it

It is the worst title I can remember playing in years

No settings so no way of turning off the appalling in game muzak.

No idea whether there is any speed difference by drifting or not which considering its title is a joke

No fun on any of the circuits

No clue as to the control scheme. Pressed X to see if that released a speed boost after drifting and it reset my lap

The appalling in game musak

Constant dodgy scenery crashes which put you back to a point quite away from the incident

The Picnic mode which makes your driver so big you cant see the track

Tracks the have no flow and often just seem to veer off leaving you wondering where you are supposed to go

The appalling in game muzak

To activate the hard setting you have to make a leap that after 50 attempts I still can't do

There is a room off to the left at the start of each hub (read its called the server room) where you have the option to use an icon that looks like a trashcan. So with no instructions available is this a save or a delete or what.

Its all just annoying and pointless and the snidey way it pops a trophy the first few seconds of you driving means that you cant even delete it off your profile

I am sure some folks have enjoyed it, but for me its a charmless annoying badly programmed soulless POS.

Its nearly the end of 2016, so is it too much to ask for an options menu?

The devs were obviously fans of Mario Kart and CTR. Just a shame they didn't keep playing instead of compiling this bag of toss

And will someone please turn off the appalling in game musak!!