13 Days Till RE4, Still No Trophies

BIOHAZARD-R-US

I'm sure there are some people out there who originally got TWD on PS3, loved it so much that they wanted to play it on the go so they got it on Vita, and then realized they had to get it on PS4 so their choices carry over into Season 3.

But how many people have all 7 lists for the evil within (psycho break)? Now that is starting to get ridiculous. More lists than needed.

• Like 3

But how many people have all 7 lists for the evil within (psycho break)? Now that is starting to get ridiculous. More lists than needed.

Seven? Pfft that's nothing compared to Space Hulk. With its two new lists added today it now has eight... and counting. :facepalm:

• Like 1

No, I meant NG+ as in, I finish the game on Normal and now I want to start Professional with my Normal loadout. RE4 does not currently have this feature, it only has to repeat the same playthrough / save again with the same gear which kind of sucks because then you have to start your inventory again on Professional. Which was personally my only con on the game. 

Wouldn't that make Professional moot then? The whole point of hard mode is for it to be hard, if you could carry over your OP gear from easy/normal it would it make pointless and take away from all the challenge

snip

How did I know you'd chime in here, lol.

Nvm. You and I are never going to agree on this, and discussing or arguing will not be productive. We have completely different gaming neurosis, and the two brands don't mesh.

Just know that I have no problem with people playing the same game multiple times, or on different systems. I replay old school games often, and replay ps3 favorites as well.

I'm very excited for Resident Evil 4 Remastered too and honestly, the only reason why I check this site daily is to see if the list is up yet but I also kind of don't care either since I preordered and would buy the game a million more times without question - Platinum or not. Trophies are a nice extra but it isn't something you should base a purchase off of (unless you're a hardcore trophy hunter that has no life). The way you're typing about RE4 seems like you're also very excited so since you are most likely to purchase the game, either way, why are you so anxious to view the list? I don't mean to sound like a douche but, lol, it's Capcom bruh. A new list is very rare at this rate I think. If the list gets released with a Platinum feel free to quote this post and add "I told you so" but for now I'm keeping my hopes low. What RE4 really needs is new game+. Now that's an instant purchase. I would prefer new game+ and no trophies at all, to be honest.

tl;dr - I'm just as stoked for this release that I'm sure we will both be buying trophies or not. So why should it matter? No hate.

i have played RE4 so many times through the years that right now i don't feel like playing it again without the new and added challenge of a platinum.

you would be right if i haven't played it before, if that was the case then yes i will be buying it even without a plat, but after i've played it like 10 times on ps2 and ps3 each i just got bored of it, so unless if it comes with something new like a platinum i don't feel like buying it again.

Whats with the reporting? What are these violations that happened here ?

One poster singled out another and harassed them without adding to conversation or staying on topic. That's the only reporting I'm aware of. Although the reported poster went back and edited their post so they were no longer violating the forum rules.

One poster singled out another and harassed them without adding to conversation or staying on topic. That's the only reporting I'm aware of. Although the reported poster went back and edited their post so they were no longer violating the forum rules.

I saw you say "reported for violating rule #3 and #7. (That's two.)

OT: List might be up a day prior to the game's release. Not every game has to have their trophy list leaked weeks in advanced, just like not every review has to or will come out before the games release, developers don't have to give release dates for their games when they're officially announced, every collector's edition doesn't need to come with your standard figurine, every game doesn't need a proper story mode, etc (can go on forever).

I saw you say "reported for violating rule #3 and #7. (That's two.)

OT: List might be up a day prior to the game's release. Not every game has to have their trophy list leaked weeks in advanced, just like not every review has to or will come out before the games release, developers don't have to give release dates for their games when they're officially announced, every collector's edition doesn't need to come with your standard figurine, every game doesn't need a proper story mode, etc (can go on forever).

Yup:

harassed them (Rule 3) without adding to conversation or staying on topic (Rule 7). 

Anyone seen any leaks from developers on if Sony has an official stance on timelines and or deadlines for things like trophy lists? I'd imagine trophy lists would be last priority, but I'd still be curious if Sony sets any expectations for things like this. Might alleviate the OP's frustration if this kind of information was known.

#100%Confirmed

#NoPlatRE4

#CapcomDon'tCare

#ButthurtCapcomFans

https://www.twitch.tv/capcom_uk/v/85453979

Skip to 14:50 and watch for 10-20 seconds. She also unlocks some of the trophies in that stream and they look just like the PS3 ones. Never thought it would get a platinum anyway :P.

Definitely prefer 100% over a 20% platinum or something.

Edited by Jeanmi96

Wouldn't that make Professional moot then? The whole point of hard mode is for it to be hard, if you could carry over your OP gear from easy/normal it would it make pointless and take away from all the challenge

To be fair the game is still a challenge on Professional even with a carried over loadout so I don't know about this. I do know, however, that I would have more fun with a carried over loadout.

i have played RE4 so many times through the years that right now i don't feel like playing it again without the new and added challenge of a platinum.

you would be right if i haven't played it before, if that was the case then yes i will be buying it even without a plat, but after i've played it like 10 times on ps2 and ps3 each i just got bored of it, so unless if it comes with something new like a platinum i don't feel like buying it again.

That is understandable, from the OPs point of view as well. To each their own I guess. RE4 however, is personally my all time favourite video game ever so I preordered it and would buy again even if nothing new was added. Edited by ddracarys

Cmon Crapcom show us the trophy list already, i keep checking this site every couple hours to see if the list has landed yet. The suspense is literally killing me i need to see if there's a platinum involved or not. The worrying factor is the fact that the PS3 version didn't have the platinum so i'm worried incase the plat won't be on the PS4 version either, knowing Capcom's laziness i'll bet it's just the 13 trophies like the PS3 ver. :rant:

Cmon Crapcom show us the trophy list already, i keep checking this site every couple hours to see if the list has landed yet. The suspense is literally killing me i need to see if there's a platinum involved or not. The worrying factor is the fact that the PS3 version didn't have the platinum so i'm worried incase the plat won't be on the PS4 version either, knowing Capcom's laziness i'll bet it's just the 13 trophies like the PS3 ver. :rant:

Didn't you see my post on page 3 near the bottom? There won't be a platinum, someone was streaming the PS4 version onTwitch and answered that question, lol.

Please tell me your not serious :(

She was streaming RE4 PS4 on Capcom UK's twitch channel. At 14:50 she answered a question from the chat :"Will this game ever have a platinum trophy?" - "There is no platinum trophy on Resident Evil 4."

Also at 11:49 she unlocked the trophy: It Begins WIth A Ring (http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1052-Resident-Evil-4/1-It-Begins-With-a-Ring). It's the same trophy name, image and value. Later on she unlocked the trophies for shooting the water and killing El Gigante. The game will only be 100% and the trophies are exactly the same as on PS3.

Edited by Jeanmi96
  • Like 2

I think people should tweet at Capcom until they respond. If any game deserves a Platinum, it's Resident Evil 4.

It's way too late for that. The game comes out in like 5 days. It's not like they're gonna whip up a new trophy list in that amount of time. Besides, a few random people tweeting at them won't make any difference. They don't care.

She was streaming RE4 PS4 on Capcom UK's twitch channel. At 14:50 she answered a question from the chat :"Will this game ever have a platinum trophy?" - "There is no platinum trophy on Resident Evil 4."

Also at 11:49 she unlocked the trophy: It Begins WIth A Ring (http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1052-Resident-Evil-4/1-It-Begins-With-a-Ring). It's the same trophy name, image and value. Later on she unlocked the trophies for shooting the water and killing El Gigante. The game will only be 100% and the trophies are exactly the same as on PS3.

Well Capcom just lost a sale. Are they really that lazy that they can't even do a proper trophy list on a game they've ported like 7 times? I mean come on RE4 is longer than RE5 and has plenty of content. 12 trophies is such a disservice to the game and I'm sure there are many trophy hunters that would be more than happy to buy the game yet again if there was a reason to do so.

Edited by Mayadome
  • Like 1

Wow! I'm actually surprised, I really thought Capcom wouldn't have the audacity to pull that shit again! :S

I know a lot of people were saying it won't get a platinum but seriously I thought Capcom would've tried harder with the trophies this time on what is probably their most popular game? It's just a dick move if you ask me...