Resident Evil 4: trophy list thoughts

smellslikejavier

Well, save me another $20.

They did what I hoped wouldn't happen. Copied and paste the same exact trophy list from the PS3 version. What could've made this much better is to give us a bigger trophy list with a platinum! Why not give us trophies for speed running Leon's campaign, the mercenaries trophies, assignment Ada and separate ways trophies? Resident evil 4 is the type of game to deserve a full fledged list, not an indie list. *Facepalm*

So much this.....

Despite there being no platinum trophy I've purchased it again for maybe the fourth time in my life. It's a classic. I agree with some of the others though that it is lazy on there behalf to just release it with an identical trophy list as before. But my old play through was on the Xbox 360 so I'm excited to get trophies none the less. Saying that I did only check the trophies today 2 hours before release hoping it had a platinum. Didn't 5 and 6 both have platinums? Was that a re structured trophy list or just a drag and drop from the previous games also?

.... There isn't that big of a difference for exclusive all trophies games and trophy games with a platinum. "It won't complete your collection"? Um, yes it will, because there are not only still trophies to be attained from the game but getting all the trophies with OR without a platinum still counts as visibly completed game.

Didn't 5 and 6 both have platinums? Was that a re structured trophy list or just a drag and drop from the previous games also?

5 & 6 did indeed both have platinums on the PS3. They lowered the MP requirements of some of the RE5 trophies, but the lists were essentially the same on the PS4 versions. 

Didn't 5 and 6 both have platinums? Was that a re structured trophy list or just a drag and drop from the previous games also?

Only RE5 has a (slight) different list from its PS3 version, in RE5's PS4 list you have to win less times in Versus (15 now, 30 before) in order to get those DLC trophies, but for RE6 (and now RE4) both lists are a complete copy-paste.

edit: ninja'd!  :ninja:

Edited by Ren

5 & 6 did indeed both have platinums on the PS3. They lowered the MP requirements of some of the RE5 trophies, but the lists were essentially the same on the PS4 versions. 

Never understood why they lowered 5 and not 6 online requirements, 6 being the worst for online.

The platinum or lack there of was not likely to sway me but damn that price tag will. £15.99 for a game i have played on nearly every console of it's release? It is not unexpected, i mean it's Capcom, but to be honest i was thinking more along the lines of £7.99-£11.99 for which i would have paid had it had a plat. As it stands i think i will wait until they have a rock bottom sale.

Don't get me wrong however i do think this game is worth that money but only if you haven't played it before; and let's face it, if you were ever going to play it then you have probably already done so.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2018 at 5:31 PM, Oreo-_-Milkshake said:

It really sucks that there is no platinum, definitely would have went for it if it had one. This is the only Resident Evil game without a platinum trophy and its my favorite Resident Evil too :( 

resident evil 4 on both systems had no platinum, and veronica on one system didnt have platinum, as well as both chronicles games if anyone wants to count those

besides that f this trophy list. i feel like they aim it more towards japanese players who play resident evil nonstop and nothing else and beat the game 300 times over and over. the steps trophy sucks. i have a feeling thatll limit saving and i hate speed running as it is. 

edit nevrmind, thought this was for the new resident evil coming out. 

Edited by melodicmizery

• 2 weeks later...

this one will be incomplete for me. i wasn't able to collect the bottle caps in the GameCube version, i won't here, not with these controls. why didn't they put a trophy on completing Mercenaries mode instead? i was able to 5-star all maps there, then. ugh...

Edited by Malice Flare
clarity

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2019 at 3:42 AM, Malice Flare said:

this one will be incomplete for me. i wasn't able to collect the bottle caps in the GameCube version, i won't here, not with these controls. why didn't they put a trophy on completing Mercenaries mode instead? i was able to 5-star all maps there, then. ugh...

Use the TMP for the first three and the rifle for the last one.  It's not bad at all once you learn to go very light on the trigger with the TMP.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently replaying this masterpiece after countless hours spent on PC almost a decade ago.

The trophy list is quite of a shame, though. Sure, you can still "miss" two trophies but, in all due honesty, getting killed by Del Lago is so funny (especially if it's your first time doing it, it's a nice jumpscare ?) and killing the Verdugo is a cake walk if you grab the RPG on the previous chapter. So there's no real need to be worried of miss anything from your playtrhough, since you'll have to replay it on Professional mode. 
But it still feels like a wasted opportunity. There are no trophies whatsoever for getting every treasures in the game, nor for finishing Assignment Ada or even The Mercenaries! It'd be nice to have some other trophies like upgrading at maximum the Chicago Typewriter, the Matilda or any other final weapon. 

All things considered, I'd suggest to go play this game if you have the opportunity. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...