7 new trophies out October 4 with Aquadome update

DennisWilles

I just checked and, unfortunately the shots on goal aren't retroactive. My shots on goal counter is on 1385 at the moment and I didn't get the trophy :(.

EDIT: Ninja'ed :ninja:

Thanks for confirming.  Its a pity alright that this isn't retrospective.  Psyonix are just adding these grindy trophies to keep people actively playing.  However, I believe RL has a large enough active community anyhow of lots of gamers who just play casually so is not really needed.  They'll just piss people off more and more if they continue to do this.

Anyhow, I average about 5-7 shots per game when I play multi player so I can see myself probably just waiting this out or if I get pissed off I'll just fire up a exhibition match and grind it out.  Maybe a mix of both :-)

Yes, you can get everything on your own.

For "Stopped Cold" and "Trifecta", it's easier, if you have a second controller.

Take the guest account on your team, score a goal on your own and then make an assist for "him". Then switch the guest over to the other team from the options menu and make him shoot on the goal which you can easily save. Then wait until you get that ball-freezing rumble-power-up and make "him" shoot you once more and save it with that power-up.

• Like 1

After further tests, :bronze: Infinite Power! will also require bots or a second player because some power-ups can only be used against another player. I'm working on a trophy guide for it at the moment, so look out for it.

I'm already playing it, and so far only trifecta seems to be somewhat of a problem to me, rare get any assists...

I'm already playing it, and so far only trifecta seems to be somewhat of a problem to me, rare get any assists...

If you have a second controller, you can have the second person sit really close to the net. When they're there, hit the ball into them at an angle so that it goes into the net immediately after touching them. That's what I did.

Anyone have any info yet on if this can be done offline with AI? I'm happy to play Rocket League again, but they are going nuts with this. Mixed feelings, mostly positive. Will play. The shots will come so easily guys come on... 535? That's nothing compared to the Certified Trophy of the last DLC.

Invite someone in a share play session thingy, giving that person a 'second controller'. Hit the 'share' button and select 'start share play', and take it from there. You could even set it up in a gaming session I guess.

Someone actually messaged me to do it in a private match and it worked. Was just a simple 2vs2, no bots, private match.

Anyone have any info yet on if this can be done offline with AI? I'm happy to play Rocket League again, but they are going nuts with this. Mixed feelings, mostly positive. Will play. The shots will come so easily guys come on... 535? That's nothing compared to the Certified Trophy of the last DLC.

Yes, everything can be done in exhibition mode offline, some will require bots, others will not (the 535 shots can be done without bots). Even tough this is true, the Trifecta and Stopped Cold should be made much easier with a boost partner on private match, or with a 2nd controller.

And the 535 shots on goal are quite fast to get, since you can get 1 shot every 7-10 seconds by scoring direct goals while playing without bots.. it's really nothing to compare to the previous DLC that would take ages just to get the 2 items needed..

• Like 2

As some others have mentioned, this can all be done offline in exhibition matches. Some are better done without bots, like the turtle goal and the aerial goal.

For the turtle goal: have a full boost, get close to the ball and stand still, jump, hold square and flip over, then press boost.

For the aerial goal: use the same method you used for the earlier aerial goal trophy.

The shots on goal seems quite a grind though. But without bots, at least no one's interfering.

For the aerial goal: use the same method you used for the earlier aerial goal trophy.

While still applying the same ideas as on the earlier aerial goal trophy, now there's a much easier way to get the aerial hit needed for it, just get the ball really high and use the green power up on it to get the aerial hit, I got quite a few aerial hits with that one.

The glove punch power up also works, and was how I got it, but it was a odd case, since I was also way high and hit the ball from above.. and I actually scored the goal this way without the need to change teams to score, like on the original Aerial Goal trophy method... and I also had never got an aerial hit with the glove punch power up before...

While still applying the same ideas as on the earlier aerial goal trophy, now there's a much easier way to get the aerial hit needed for it, just get the ball really high and use the green power up on it to get the aerial hit, I got quite a few aerial hits with that one.

The glove punch power up also works, and was how I got it, but it was a odd case, since I was also way high and hit the ball from above.. and I actually scored the goal this way without the need to change teams to score, like on the original Aerial Goal trophy method... and I also had never got an aerial hit with the glove punch power up before...

Hahaha, brilliant.

The 'hook on and shoot yourself to the ball' power up can also be used to get aerial hits. I've seen bots get aerial hits that way.

Sort of similarly: I noticed I got at least three juggling bonuses when I used the spikes and took the ball around the walls of the stadium.

More!  I love seeing liberals and completionists squirm when they can't have their way.  This game is amazing. free updates with new modes and trophies.  What the flying fuck, and people "liking" your post.  

who in their right mind would even delete this game.  It's one of a kind.  Go get your easy trophies and stay away from the true games and gamers.  this game deserves better than you.  yeah i said it, it's appalling.

no they're doing what other games should do.  It's free, captain handsome.  I love this site for all that it brings to the table for me, but I couldn't be more different than most of the people on here.  Did you guys ever game for fun, and appreciate the moment and the games itself, and not just the trophies.  Que bullshit trophy response.

there is no way this game is going to lose it's fan base and if you think that'll happen you better think again yuri.  You're smarter than this, i know that.

after reading this thread, I'm quite glad the rocket genocide trophy ISN'T retroactive.  Hell yeah!  Earn that shit!

You seem to be missing the point by a thousand miles and making inaccurate assumptions.

Edited by Stevieboy
No need for insults.

no they're doing what other games should do.  It's free, captain handsome.  I love this site for all that it brings to the table for me, but I couldn't be more different than most of the people on here.  Did you guys ever game for fun, and appreciate the moment and the games itself, and not just the trophies.  Que bullshit trophy response.

I disagree. Because, this game was free with plus. I did not have anything to do for a weekend so l played this. It was fun while it lasted ( 2 days ) and bonus was a platinum.

Now, they keep spamming trophies which is a chore to me. If you haven't checked, let me tell you. I haven't played this game for a year because l don't like it that much so you can tell l don't game just for trophies since Rocket League is not a fun game to me.

• Like 1

More!  I love seeing liberals and completionists squirm when they can't have their way.  This game is amazing. free updates with new modes and trophies.  What the flying fuck, and people "liking" your post.  

who in their right mind would even delete this game.  It's one of a kind.  Go get your easy trophies and stay away from the true games and gamers.  this game deserves better than you.  yeah i said it, it's appalling.

there is no way this game is going to lose it's fan base and if you think that'll happen you better think again yuri.  You're smarter than this, i know that.

after reading this thread, I'm quite glad the rocket genocide trophy ISN'T retroactive.  Hell yeah!  Earn that shit! 

Never said t would and i don't hope it does. the more active, the less dead servers we have for games, the better it is for everyone. As pong as people keep having fun, i'm happy with it. :)

I disagree. Because, this game was free with plus. I did not have anything to do for a weekend so l played this. It was fun while it lasted ( 2 days ) and bonus was a platinum.

Now, they keep spamming trophies which is a chore to me. If you haven't checked, let me tell you. I haven't played this game for a year because l don't like it that much so you can tell l don't game just for trophies since Rocket League is not a fun game to me.

wait, and I hearing you right... that you actually were fortunate enough to get this free?  You like soccer, but not rocket league?  Craaaaazzzy.  To each their own, but I don't know what to tell you, especially considering you got this while it was free on ps+. Guess my point would be, if you don't care and it's a "chore" who gives a fuck, right.  They're doing the opposite of what other games do.  Not charge you, and give you new content for free.  Yeah I'd be pissed of if I were you too.  

• Like 1