PlayStation VR: Is it for you? (because poll)

Fatty_Fatness

Have you tried PSVR, and are you psyched for it?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Have you tried PSVR, and are you psyched for it?

• I've tried it, and I'm totally psyched for it.
    • I haven't tried it, but I'm totally psyched for it.
    • I've tried it, but it's not for me.
    • I haven't tried it, and it's not for me.
    • Either way, I'm still on the fence.

At the very least I'd love to give it a try at some point, especially with Driveclub VR or Gran Turismo. Ultimately though, I think I'll give it a year to see if Sony's still supporting it by then. Sony has a pretty unreliable history of supporting accessories and things like that past a year or two. :P

I've tried it and loved it, I will more than likely be purchasing the PSVR when Gran Turismo Sport releases if it is compatible with it. 

Parker

I played GT sport at a games festival in the UK in August and I thought it was ok, it didn't knock me sideways but in truth I am probably not that games target audience anyway.

The game did have the whole cockpit and wheel with pedals etc but no VR, not sure why not.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

A peripheral that costs as much as a whole other console, and still needs the whole other console in order to do anything with it, is simply not going to happen with me. I don't have to try it to know I'm not going to like sitting there with that thing on my head thinking, "I paid $399 for this fuckin' thing?" There's some things you just know you're not going to like without trying it first. I've never been kicked in my balls before, but I'm pretty sure I might not care too much for it.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 2

There should be another option...

''I cannot afford it and for this reason I am going to hate on it.''

;)

Or.. or, I've played 3 tech demo's which gives me a valid opinion, but I'm going to hate on it anyways, and let everyone know I hate it.

I'm on the fence, but I want to try it though I'm out of space to store it. When/if I get the PS4 Pro that's when I'll probably get it. Hopefully by then, it will have a few patches/new modules. 

The only real question you should be asking is will Sony support this product? 

Edited by Combatting
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

It's still a significant upfront cost for the system and given PS Vita's buy today no first party AAA support tomorrow, people may be hesitant since this is more upfront than Vita was.  To be fair Vita is still great and I ❤️ mine especially the PS4 remote play feature, but it's not supported on the level of the PS4 / PS4P.  

I'd say people will come around if PSVR gets one or two system seller titles and loses at least $150 off the price. I'm no expert nor would I pretend to be, Summer Lesson interests me but I'm not buying PSVR for it.

• 2 months later...

I tried a PC VR set and was totally blown away (I played some Halloween-esque demo at a Halloween party) even though the demo glitched so I only played for about ten minutes. About 11 months later, I tried Batman on the Playstation VR and I loved it and was blown away at all the things I could do, like move around and pick up things. I got an awful headache after an hour, but I imagine that will go away if I got use to it more. More recently I tried the Cateral Damage game and was less amazed and had a bit of motion sickness after 30-40 minutes and an even worst headache. I think it's a wonderful experience, but it will also take a while for all the bugs to be worked out so it doesn't make people sick. I was very skeptical of it at the beginning, but now I'm completely for it.

I absolutely love my psvr headset. It is truly mind blowing once you put it on and experience it the first time. I'm still trying new games on it and still having that mind blowing experience months after first getting it and anyone who says it's shit or sucks obviously hasn't ever tried it or is just flat out jealous they can't afford it at the moment. Regardless could not recommend it enough!

1 hour ago, IntroPhenom said:

Related follow up: Who has it and likes it or dislikes it, and why? 

I had it day one and loved it, unfortunately my set (and the replacement set) had a fabrication error, which made me return it and wait for an updated version because I was too afraid that the third set would have it as well. I haven't heard many people online talk about this error in the past year so I'm starting to think that it was just damn unlucky that I got it twice in a row.

I've got a better paygrade now so money is less of an issue and I might just get another set soon. I do absolutely want more VR at some point and my regular first year PS4 got through it just fine.

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I’d like to try it at some point, but I just can’t see it working in my life - I have a wife and a kid, so can’t really just disconnect from the world around me when I game - I need to be able to pause and get up at a moments notice!

There are some very fun co-op games on VR. Me and my wife had a lot of fun playing Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes, for instance.

1 hour ago, Klart said:

You should try it. It's a unique experience for sure.

27 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

I absolutely love my psvr headset. It is truly mind blowing once you put it on and experience it the first time. I'm still trying new games on it and still having that mind blowing experience months after first getting it and anyone who says it's shit or sucks obviously hasn't ever tried it or is just flat out jealous they can't afford it at the moment. Regardless could not recommend it enough!

Have you both tried Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes / How We Soar / Gunjack? Those were the best experiences I played on PSVR (and the minigames thing, of course). When I get VR again, I will try to get Battlefront 1 for a small price just so I can play the Star Wars VR mission.

2 minutes ago, HoundEagle said:

All I need is a decent MMORPG for PSVR so I can finally go hikikomori mode full time :D

In my experience, first person walking is a bit sickening, though third person walking feels fine.