Rumor: Call of Duty 2017 set in Vietnam

DF007gamer

IGN.COM reported a rumor of the next Call of Duty to be set in Vietnam, scheduled to be released in November 2017. My thinking is they've seen what BF1 has done and the backlash they've gotten from the gaming community for been too futuristic decided to go back to "feet on the ground" type of game. I personally would love to see this happen. Sledgehammer Games are tasked to take this COD on. What's your thoughts? 

http://fraghero.com/rumor-call-of-duty-2017-is-going-to-be-set-in-vietnam-details-revealed/

Edited by DF007gamer

I know it's just a rumor but I would really like to see this happen. Maybe they can make CoD 'great' again when they take something like Vietnam as setting for the game. I really disliked Black Ops 3 and just played my first game of the Infinite Warfare beta and I absolutely hated it. The match lasted less than 10 minutes but it already felt like a drag to complete the match  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I know it's just a rumor but I would really like to see this happen. Maybe they can make CoD 'great' again when they take something like Vietnam as setting for the game. I really disliked Black Ops 3 and just played my first game of the Infinite Warfare beta and I absolutely hated it. The match lasted less than 10 minutes but it already felt like a drag to complete the match  :rolleyes:

Rumor has been around awhile but like you I too haven't been experiencing good things with IW's Beta (That's besides the long wait in lobbies). Like you say if the rumor turns out to be true it could turn it around for them. Let's see

Call of Duty needs a break. The franchise is getting stale. Wait a year or 2 and start from scratch. There's no guarantee that using an old setting for the game will rejuvenate it. 

True what you say about the break. Should make a smart move like Assassins Creed and actually take a break. Agree with what you say it could not rejuvenate the series but all we can do is hope that something at least gets done. 

Would very much like a CoD set in Vietnam, there is so much that can be done with this setting, but I doubt it was because of BF1 and would be because of people's complaints at AW. They have already been working on the game for 2 years, is a drastic change in setting likely at this point? Also, it is Sledgehammer, assuming this is true, are they just going to drop AWs story? It's ok for Battlefield as they don't really follow any progression between games AFAIK.

Nice! Then again cod releases annually and unlike battlefield( not annual) they don't take their time or have enough time to innovate and by innovate I mean change animations for the least. The death animations was the same since I can remember for cod.

Glad they're taking a different approach though even though I'm not a really a fan of cod or even battlefield to say he least but it's nice to see that developers do lesson to some extent to the fans.

On a side note: if IW was a different IP and not cod, it wouldn't have received much hate because to me it's like titanfall without the name and people like titanfall. However they probably need the title since cod sells a lot of copies due it being a successful business from an economic standpoint.

Almost twenty years since this series started and they still avoid Korea :(

Nice! Then again cod releases annually and unlike battlefield( not annual) they don't take their time or have enough time to innovate and by innovate I mean change animations for the least. The death animations was the same since I can remember for cod.

Glad they're taking a different approach though even though I'm not a really a fan of cod or even battlefield to say he least but it's nice to see that developers do lesson to some extent to the fans.

On a side note: if IW was a different IP and not cod, it wouldn't have received much hate because to me it's like titanfall without the name and people like titanfall. However they probably need the title since cod sells a lot of copies due it being a successful business from an economic standpoint.

Battlefield Vietnam - 2004

Battlefield 2 - 2005

Battlefield 2142 - 2006

Battlefield: Bad Company - 2008

Battlefield 1943 - 2009

Battlefield Heroes - 2009

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - 2010

Battlefield 3 - 2011

Battlefield Play4Free - 2011

Battlefield 4 - 2013

Battlefield Hardline - 2015

Battlefield 1 - 2016

Seems pretty annual to me with small breaks for the expansion packs.

IGN.COM reported a rumor of the next Call of Duty to be set in Vietnam, scheduled to be released in November 2017. My thinking is they've seen what BF1 has done and the backlash they've gotten from the gaming community for been too futuristic decided to go back to "feet on the ground" type of game. I personally would love to see this happen. Sledgehammer Games are tasked to take this COD on. What's your thoughts? 

http://fraghero.com/rumor-call-of-duty-2017-is-going-to-be-set-in-vietnam-details-revealed/

I have no problem with futuristic shooters, in fact I like them. It's always nice to see what kind of futuristic weapons people can come up with.

As for the Vietnam setting, there better be an A-Team reference in the game :awesome:.

I have no problem with futuristic shooters, in fact I like them. It's always nice to see what kind of futuristic weapons people can come up with.

As for the Vietnam setting, there better be an A-Team reference in the game :awesome:.

If it works out in the Vietnam setting you have to say "I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER" or maybe an A-TEAM DLCa9ed842f739e930dc8e9340bafbbaeaf77994c50

Edited by DF007gamer
  • Like 1

Battlefield Vietnam - 2004

Battlefield 2 - 2005

Battlefield 2142 - 2006

Battlefield: Bad Company - 2008

Battlefield 1943 - 2009

Battlefield Heroes - 2009

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - 2010

Battlefield 3 - 2011

Battlefield Play4Free - 2011

Battlefield 4 - 2013

Battlefield Hardline - 2015

Battlefield 1 - 2016

Seems pretty annual to me with small breaks for the expansion packs.

Welp..  :facepalm:  .. ill go back to hide in my cubicle. 

If it works out in the Vietnam setting you have to say "I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER" or maybe an A-TEAM DLC

a9ed842f739e930dc8e9340bafbbaeaf77994c50

Lol, exactly. I like the way you think. An A-Team DLC would be hilarious.

I've got the A-Team team theme song stuck in my head now. Thanks Dragon :P

You're welcome :D. I'll just leave this here:

• Like 1