Do you think Sony should give us the option to delete trophy data?

Mad

I think if you pay for a game and console you should have the freedom to do so...if enough people want it then why not...as far as perfect profiles, not Sony's fault...

No.  Just... no.  You forget that while your console and games* may be yours, your PSN account is not.  It belongs to Sony, not to you, and as such, if you want to have a PSN account then you have to play by Sony's rules, whether you like them or not.

Sony will never say that "enough people want it", because it's just not true.  The only gamers who care about trophies in the first place are the hunters like ourselves, who comprise a very small percentage of the overall gamers worldwide.  The percentage who want to be able to delete trophies is smaller still.  For every one person who wants this feature, there will be literally thousands who do not, or who don't care either way.

Trophy deletion for any game above 0% is never going to happen.  People need to just accept this and move on.  Seriously.  There are far more important things in life to concern oneself with.

* At least, physical copies of games are yours.  Anything bought or downloaded from PS+, for example, is merely 'rented' for as long as your subscription lasts.

Edited by StewartBros
  • Like 1

If you have 2% on trophies surely you can not tell whether game is boring or a grindfest cause you barely touched it. Apart from that do not preorder games to avoid frustration. These days you can find dozens of reviews few days after release date so base your expectations on this rather than million trailers made to sell game to parents and stupid gamers who rates game after trailer and all screenshots posted by studios :S

We've all been there with that one game you buy only to find out it's a boring grindfest of an awful game that you don't want to continue playing. But unfortunately, the trophy data from that awful game is synced to your trophy data and so you either try to ignore that 2% bar at the bottom of your list or you begrudgingly start the game and try to finish it.

I honestly don't know why Sony is reluctant in allowing us to delete unwanted game trophy data from our accounts. I would even pay money to have a game's trophy data deleted from my account. Is there any good reason to not give us the option other than e-peen trophy competitions?

Having an editable trophy system still won't make everyone happy. The structure of trophies now are black and white= 0% means you've earned none, so deleting it doesn't change anything. Any other percentage/time/whatever is arbitrary and illogical to someone else. 

At the end of the day, they're just a digital notification and record. Any meaning they have are assigned by you and you alone. They're not going to get you a raise at work, they're not going to lower your mortgage payment, they're not going to make you a sandwich.

Sony is reluctant to allow you for reasons I said above compounded by the fact that gamers that even care about trophies are in the single digit percentage and gamers that want to delete trophies are a fraction of a percentage of total gamers. The juice ain't worth the squeeze, man.

• Like 3

Sony throws everybody a bone and let's you delete 0%. Not good enough? Classic cass of giving an inch and wanting that proverbial mile. Can never please everybody all the time. Also, this dead, rotting corpse of a horse has been beaten to death. Can't we link any of the previous 1,000 threads and close the new ones?

• Like 1

As long as there's a period where you can undo the change, but since the backend of PSN can't even support name changes I doubt it can completely delete trophy data either.

edit; lol @ it's a sign of your failures, all my hidden trophies are games I hated and will never touch again. Games I played long enough that it handed me some easy trophy, before deleting it forever. That's not my personal failure, it's me hating those games. I'd rather they not be on my profile at all.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

As long as there's a period where you can undo the change...

edit; lol @ it's a sign of your failures...

That's actually an excellent idea that I've never seen mentioned before.  Having an "undo" option for about a week period prevent the headaches for Sony for accidental deletions, family members etc.  I'll take it a step further though, and say there should also be a time period (a week is good) you're allowed to delete any percentage, after that you're stuck.  I'd also like the option to delete 100%, that way you can re challenge yourself, take away embarrassing games, etc.

It's not always a sign of failture, he's right.  Maybe for games one has 70%, 80%, 90%+, but games people have 1%, 5% on were obviously barely started.  

There's plenty of ways to preserve Sony's hardline thinking of "preserving the integrity of the trophy system" while also letting gamers remove trophies for whatever reason. But lets be real.  This is a losing battle.

That's actually an excellent idea that I've never seen mentioned before.  Having an "undo" option for about a week period prevent the headaches for Sony for accidental deletions, family members etc.  I'll take it a step further though, and say there should also be a time period (a week is good) you're allowed to delete any percentage, after that you're stuck.  I'd also like the option to delete 100%, that way you can re challenge yourself, take away embarrassing games, etc.

It's not always a sign of failture, he's right.  Maybe for games one has 70%, 80%, 90%+, but games people have 1%, 5% on were obviously barely started.  

There's plenty of ways to preserve Sony's hardline thinking of "preserving the integrity of the trophy system" while also letting gamers remove trophies for whatever reason. But lets be real.  This is a losing battle.

No, one week isn't enough time. I want at least 3 years. Sometimes it takes me that long to decide if I want to go back to try again. If it's any less than that, then it's not enough time!

Yes, as long as it deducts your trophy level and stats accordingly. I think you should delete any game 15% or under that you want, though you should only be able to delete like 2 lists a year for anything that's above 15% is my opinion.

I actually asked someone who works at Sony on the PlayStation Blog why they didn't add a deletion feature around the time they released the hidden trophies feature and the answer was something like "we want to keep value to the trophy system" which is great to hear that they want that, but I guess they don't understand they can add strict limits too like how I talked about above. Ah well, lol :dunno:

Love the idea but you know once they make it happen people will complain again and again and ask for more. 20% 30%...50% 3 times 4x 5x a year..its probably not even hard to do, they already have hide and delete 0%.

Heck im still waiting fir a online id change and im willing to pay for it...

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

Just the ones which have missing timestamps (as I want to play these games again)  At the start of playing ps3 I did not know you have to time set to Internet time,   did not have WIFI until late 2011 and took me a while to relise why this was happening no times for my trophies.

I sometimes want to see whether I can beat my times for the plats (just the games where the games are all 100% offlline) 

no, and i say this as someone with an annoying amount of 1% games on my list. the way they do it now is fine, any number above 0% would be completely arbitrary. what i would like instead is the option to not pop trophies in a game. you could turn them off when you first started a game, and if you later chose to turn them on you'd have to restart the game

Edited by AJC3317

no, and i say this as someone with an annoying amount of 1% games on my list. the way they do it now is fine, any number above 0% would be completely arbitrary. what i would like instead is the option to not pop trophies in a game. you could turn them off when you first started a game, and if you later chose to turn them on you'd have to restart the game

As was mentioned before, you can just play the game on an alternate account if you don't want the trophies on your profile. It's not like it would cost you anything.

• Like 1

Sony throws everybody a bone and let's you delete 0%. Not good enough? Classic cass of giving an inch and wanting that proverbial mile. Can never please everybody all the time. Also, this dead, rotting corpse of a horse has been beaten to death. Can't we link any of the previous 1,000 threads and close the new ones?

Found one of the previous threads with the last post from just over a month ago: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/40417-we-need-a-permanent-game-removal-option-especially-for-trophy-hunters/

I'm sure most of the comments still apply 

if i could i would maybe delete kingdom hearts 2s trophy data. i got the game 100%, but when i first played the game it was a blind run and it took me 1 week 3 hours. i would like to aim for something like 2-3 days.

with kingdom hearts 2 coming to ps4 it would be rly nice to restart it on a better version with fixed loading time where u dont have to pause every time u go into a drive form.

i could if it has a seperate trophy list too, but i dont like earning the same trophies twice.

u probably ask why would i got for something meaningless such as completion time. well its just my way of trophy hunting and i managed so far to get on 25/57 games in the 50 fastest achievers and its rly fun to do so.

I have a couple of games on my profile that I cannot complete and I have completion OCD, but I still don't think Sony should allow you to delete trophies earned. Trophies are for life.

If you were able to delete willy nilly then profiles would become irrelevant and meaningless. Your profile shows your history and your achievements, what's done is done, deal with it, you don't get second chances in life so why should you in your profile.

I completely understand the argument for closed servers, but this is a different issue. My opinion is that there should be no trophies that rely on online modes, nobody wants them. People who like multiplayer generally don't give a shit about trophies and people who like trophies generally don't like multiplayer, so don't mix them.

• Like 1

Nah. The trophy system is a record of your failures as much as your successes.

If you could delete your way to a near 100% profile, it'd be meaningless because everyone would do it. The trophy system would lose a lot of its value.

If Sony care about trophy system's value than why is there duplicates, why is there unachievable trophies, and why they give platinum to visual novels?

At least last factor with idea that huge majority of PS3 trophies can be hacked without any problems safely already killed trophy system's value

^ Sony doesn't care about trophies.

Only less then 10% of the gamers care about trophies. We are a huge minority.

I think you should delete lists regardless. It's your account, it's your life, just don't brag about unhonest earned trophies.

There are games on my list I just want to Platinum again just because they are fun.

Then there are games I just want off my list because I am a OCD maniac. :S

That's not to say I am not proud of some of my platinum's.

I am very proud of my Endwar trophy because for 7 years I thought I never will get that platinum and now I 100% it.

Then there are platinum's that make me think "What the fuck am I doing with my life" like Battlefield: Bad Company 1 which made me swear everything curse word for 31 days to get those 10k kills. Also staying up very late every week which I never do.

The only thing I see the trophy system is like a checklist for your self to completely 100% a game.