Do you think Sony should give us the option to delete trophy data?

Mad

We've all been there with that one game you buy only to find out it's a boring grindfest of an awful game that you don't want to continue playing. But unfortunately, the trophy data from that awful game is synced to your trophy data and so you either try to ignore that 2% bar at the bottom of your list or you begrudgingly start the game and try to finish it.

I honestly don't know why Sony is reluctant in allowing us to delete unwanted game trophy data from our accounts. I would even pay money to have a game's trophy data deleted from my account. Is there any good reason to not give us the option other than e-peen trophy competitions?

Oh, how I wish I could get rid of some of those damn games on my list. Unfortunately we all know Sony aren't going to waste their time on implementing a deleting system. If they did I think it would be controversial in the eyes of some. Some people think you shouldn't be able to delete at all, some think you should, some think only if the game is below 10% completion etc... I wish we had the option but it would need to be structured with rules and limitations.

I feel with having the option to delete trophy data is that Sony's support staff would have to deal with support tickets of 'help, somebody deleted my trophies' and maybe it'd create a problem large enough that Sony doesn't want to have to deal with.

• Like 2

No we should not have that option. Those terrible game trophies we have should be a reminder of to be wise before choosing a game. Then again if some gamers want that option then its their choice I suppose. But I like going through gamers trophy list and seen what they've finished and what they've not. 

• Like 2

Yes, as long as it deducts your trophy level and stats accordingly. I think you should delete any game 15% or under that you want, though you should only be able to delete like 2 lists a year for anything that's above 15% is my opinion.

I actually asked someone who works at Sony on the PlayStation Blog why they didn't add a deletion feature around the time they released the hidden trophies feature and the answer was something like "we want to keep value to the trophy system" which is great to hear that they want that, but I guess they don't understand they can add strict limits too like how I talked about above. Ah well, lol  :dunno:

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

I kinda would like the option mainly because when i first got my ps3 my brother did not make his own account and i still have his fucking shit games on my list. not even at 25% or even 10% just 1 or 2%. It is pretty aggravating. I could take it on the chin if it were my own mistakes but ugh, its annoying when it is not even my games on the list. 

I think it would completely negate the purpose of trophies on your profile. Having a high completion would mean nothing since everybody would just have a 100% completed profile (minus the games they are currently playing).

Not that it means a whole lot now (outside of the personal scope), but it's still more than nothing. Just do your best and actually achieve the completion rating you deserve, who cares if it's not 100%. It shows your history as a PS gamer. We all have those DLC trophies we don't want to do, those impossible online trophies, or flat out unobtainable trophies on our profiles. But even then you can still aim for a 90-95%+ completion rating, which can be very impressive depending on the games that you did complete. Focus more on the platinums you're proud of, and less on the crappy games that you decided to try and didn't want to finish.

I know some people also share their PS account with brothers, sisters or other family members that might add random crap to your profile, but if you care about your completion rating, just make separate accounts on your PS and lock your account with a passcode.

• Like 4

I don't think people should be allowed to delete the trophy list for games that they earned trophies for, what would be the fun in seeing everyone with 100% completion rate? There's not much of a difference between hiding the game and deleting it, I'm sure this site would still display deleted trophies as hidden trophies. Also, it would give hackers the chance to do a hack then delete it if they get caught while they should have stayed flagged for that game. I think what would be alright to do is allow someone to delete 3 games in their lifetime, but that's it. I don't know why people are so obsessed with wanting to delete trophies, there was a time in my life when I had Gran Turismo 5, Street Fighter IV and Uncharted 3 incomplete on my list, but during that time I still wouldn't have wanted to delete them from my list, now I have 100% on all 3 of them, just take your time with trophies for games that you hate, I was bored during Street Fighter IV so I just aimed to do 2-3 sets of hard trials for characters per day and it wasn't very stressful that way.  

• Like 2

I would never want that. Someone accidentally or on purpose deleting my trophy data... "Somebody accessed my account, couldn't buy games as I didn't have payment information so s/he just deleted all my trophy progress, yay" stories could emerge. Sure guys, great idea.

Every trophy counts, deal with it. It's funny how some people would rather lose all trophies than have some low % ones on list.

• Like 2

I don't really mind, I have plenty of games with 0-2% completion rates because I either got bored of the game early on, I started the game, but haven't actually played it yet and leave it on hold for ages, or I end up selling the game or giving it to a friend early on if I don't care enough for it.

As others have said, I think being able to delete trophy lists from your profile kind of defeats the purpose in even having trophies. You can delete all those 1-2% lists and just leave your 100% completed games, but what's the point? It doesn't mean you 100% complete every game you play, it just means you've deleted all the games you didn't.

As long as deleting a list actually deletes the trophies and stats from your profile, I wouldn't have too big of an issue with it, but I'd still find it somewhat disappointing. I like trophy lists being a list of games you've played, not games you've 100% completed only and want to show off for that fact alone.

No, I'd prefer to show my trophy wounds instead of hiding or deleting them.

No, because it would ruin the purpose of trophy hunting. I cherish all of my trophies and I would never delete any of them.

I agree. Just think too many people would abuse the system, mostly the trophy hackers.

Edited by CL5INT0N2
  • Like 1

the answer was something like "we want to keep value to the trophy system"

what value?

mostly the trophy hackers.

they already do what they want, the sad part is that most of what companies do actually hurt the legit gamers and not the hackers.

as for my response, while i now game mostly on an offline dummy account to avoid these annoyances. i think rather than a delete option, which i am not opposed to, give us an option to Not install them to begin with.

Edited by DarkHarmonixer
  • Like 1

Nah. The trophy system is a record of your failures as much as your successes.

If you could delete your way to a near 100% profile, it'd be meaningless because everyone would do it. The trophy system would lose a lot of its value.

Trophies are meaningless after all. In my case I wouldn't delete games to have 100% profile because I don't care.  I would simply delete my two games I platinumed but didn't have fun with and some other games my family members started on my account.

The trophies are a tool for developers. They help to know how far you go in a particular game. If I create a game and nobody achieves at least a 40%, then my game would be a total failure. In fact, if you maintain those 2% in public, is a way of telling them "I don't like it, do it better next time". At least... This is how I see it.