So apparently PSN ID change could come in the future...

Maxie_M0us3

I wonder if they'd remove inactive accounts that haven't been touched in years,similar to what happened on Xbox earlier this year. Then i wouldn't mind changing it.

Hope so, I actually own the name I want to use xD but it's in an account I won't ever use again. I hope they delete it so I can rename myself anew.

Also, I guess this only comes for PS4? Kind of a bummer. But anyway, if The Last Guardian happened, everything can happen now. The edge of the universe is the limit.

I accidentally made my psn name the prefix to my email. Not caring about trophies or online MP at the time, I let that shit go. By the time i discovered trophies and cared, it was too late. I wasn't remaking my ID. That being said, i still wouldn't change it to this day.

Also, i forsee this becoming an issue. I like to clear out inactive people on my friend's list. If i see an ID i don't recognize, that shit is getting deleted.

• Like 1

Here's to hoping they let you change your country too at some point. Being associated with the US isn't doing it for me, I'd take Burkina Faso over that in a heartbeat (but preferably SA of course.)

Wait, are you really from Africa and were forced to do a US account? Or is it some anti-Trump stuff? (like people wanting to move to Canada lol)

Wait, are you really from Africa and were forced to do a US account? Or is it some anti-Trump stuff? (like people wanting to move to Canada lol)

I'm from SA but studying in the US. When I made this account I was (and still am) living in the US as a student so I didn't think anything of it when I filled out all the stuff...I was far from an expert on Sony at the time but I assumed it to be similar to Steam's system where you can change your display country at a whim, with many hilarious and obscure options to choose from. I wasn't "forced" to make a US account or anything, if I had known in advance I could've filled it out correctly, but I didn't know that it would be an issue.

Of course I'm not making a big deal out of it or busting down Sony's door or whatever, it's a very trivial issue, but I'd love to rep SA on the leaderboards rather than a country I feel no real attachment to.

Edited by Andrea

starcrunch061 is an institution. A pillar of the gaming community. But I can see how some of you...lesser folks might like this. 

<strokes blueblood beard>

Seriously, this should have been in place a long time ago. My only fear isn't the idea itself, but (what will most certainly be) Sony's flawed implementation of it. 

Here's to hoping they let you change your country too at some point. Being associated with the US isn't doing it for me, I'd take Burkina Faso over that in a heartbeat (but preferably SA of course.)

I don't think they'll do this unless they make all PS Stores a "whole", each country's PS Store have just minor differences due to many reasons and there is also the different currency barrier.

So for example, you bought X game in your current, say, South Korean account, then switch your account to an US one, that X game is not available in the US store, so that could cause a lot of problems.

It's kind of ridiculous how long it's taken for them to implement this feature. People are desperate for name changes, and Sony are literally leaving shit tons on money of the table with every day that goes by where this isn't a thing. Enough excuses and make it happen already!

Please, Shuhei, let us change out names.

• Like 1

Not being able to change your ID on PSN is definitely a severely lacking feature, and wanted by many. PSN has been out for about 10 years, and people can change/mature a lot in that time, so many will inevitably want an ID change too. Too many people have told me they don't like their IDs and would change their ID if they could. It's certainly not fair to expect an 18 year old to like the same ID as when they were 8, and I would even say I'd be surprised if they did. They deserve better. I actually did change my PSN ID the hard way - on an old account I had just over 1,000 trophies and 17 platinums, but couldn't stand my ID, so I had to create a new account and start from zero. I re-earned almost all trophies and 16/17 platinums (one of them I couldn't redo because it had become unobtainable, servers had shut down). 

Will it ever happen? I simply don't know, it's impossible to say what will happen, but I wouldn't get excited before official confirmation from Sony. 

Edited by Midnightwards666