Let it Die release imminent

MagicSandwych

Are there any other SUDA51 fans on here? I've been stoked for this since the announcement trailer at E3 two years ago.  There hasn't been much info on it at all until recently, but now there's much more coverage as we approach release.  It's a Free to Play PS4 exclusive, and looks amazing, or at least in my opinion, but I'm a big fan of Grasshopper's stuff.  It's a Dark Souls-esque roguelike with a flair for the gory, silly and strange with interesting multiplayer functions.  2016 release date has been confirmed, but they wont yet give a specific date, so I guess, any Tuesday now.  I'm a bit curious about trophy support, here's hoping for a plat.

This video is the most comprehensive I've found, but the devs have also put out a "Let it Talk" series to discuss the game and mechanics if you're interested.

I think Free to Play can be really successful if done correctly.  With a normal $60 release, you kinda get what you get, with maybe the hope of some more paid DLC in the future.  The F2P model is open ended and there is no real cap on the profits of a game, allowing the developers to keep working on it, adding to it and making it better after launch.  They have stated there is no pay wall or pay to win, premium currency is used to revive on the spot, acquire more inventory space and to ignore crafting times.  Weapons and armor degrade, so there is no point charging for it and all content will be available for free.  Warframe won me over to the F2P model (after they got rid of limited revives,that was crap), and the game continues to grow as they create new content constantly, which doesn't really happen in premium games (except apparently Overwatch).  From what I've seen, this game has a lot of content to offer for the price of free, so what do you really have to lose, if it pisses you off, you can always uninstall. Don't hate on it just because it's F2P, at least give it a shot if you do indeed find it interesting.

Edited by MagicSandwych
  • Like 1

Are there any other SUDA51 fans on here? I've been stoked for this since the announcement trailer at E3 two years ago.  There hasn't been much info on it at all until recently, but now there's much more coverage as we approach release.  It's a Free to Play PS4 exclusive, and looks amazing, or at least in my opinion, but I'm a big fan of Grasshopper's stuff.  It's a Dark Souls-esque roguelike with a flair for the gory, silly and strange with interesting multiplayer functions.  2016 release date has been confirmed, but they wont yet give a specific date, so I guess, any Tuesday now.  I'm a bit curious about trophy support, here's hoping for a plat.

This video is the most comprehensive I've found, but the devs have also put out a "Let it Talk" series to discuss the game and mechanics if you're interested.

Lollipop Chainsaw is one of my favorite games and the Platinum was really fun to get. Shadows of the Damned was also great, although I have not yet gone back to Platinum it (and not sure yet that I ever will). I like what I've played of his other games, but I haven't sunk enough time to finish any of the others yet. 

I was looking forward to this back when it was Lily Bergamo, but I'm not a fan of the F2P model. One reason I like JRPGs is that the large amount of DLC they tend to have is almost always cosmetic, like costumes. F2P, on the other hand, often uses microtransactions to open up time limits, level caps, and other limitations. I just hate the entire concept.

Still, I'll give this game a shot since it's made by Suda51. Thanks for the heads up here. 

I'm going to say Yes. As right now the servers are down for "Emergency Maintenance" and I cannot play at all.

I was in mid game when they went down. :( If that counts as a death I'm going to be very upset. They could have at least gave a warning that they were going to do maintenance.

That's a bit disappointing but can't say I didn't expect it, real shame considering Suda 51's games tend to be the kind of hidden gem you can discover far down the line but with an online only model sooner or later the game just flat out doesn't exist any more and nobody from that point on will ever get to enjoy it. I'll probably wait a little bit see how long it roughly takes people to complete the game and the trophies then put aside some time for it.

To tell the truth let it die, is not a good game for only 2 reasons, pay to do everything, assholes on the web, the main one is pay to do everything, as you need to pay death tokens to make things hurry up, to come back to life and if you wanted to get more things, like the lift to go to floor to floor, you need to pay to in game coins to go to each floor even to the waiting room and if you wanted the vip one you need to buy when the store is up vip passes to go to all floors for free, I think it would of been easy if it takes time to make a new weapon and then we can buy as many as we want with no need to wait for them to restock with it, same with buying death tokens I think it should be gotten with the games coins then real world money, not only that but you need to buy with death tokens a extra bag upgrade that to me should be made with things in the game or gotten by buying with in game coins as well.

Also another thing needed is to make both the new floor your on free and the waiting room free and the vip passes be in game to pay for with the coins as well, to me this game was one of the only games I really looked forward for and just like fallout 4 it is a disappointment.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as additional info on the release,

LET IT DIE is currently available in the following territories:

United States of America
Canada
Australia
New Zealand

Austria
Bulgaria
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
India
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Malta

Netherlands

Portugal
Romania
Slovakia
Slovenia
South Africa
Spain
UK

It's not certain that any other countries will be added to the list.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

20 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Just as additional info on the release,

LET IT DIE is currently available in the following territories:

United States of America
Canada
Australia
New Zealand
Bulgaria
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
India
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Malta
Romania
Slovakia
Slovenia
South Africa
Spain
UK

It's not certain that any other countries will be added to the list.

thats so ridiculous that they forgot (or just didnt) put it on Austria shop .  I mean we have pretty much same shop than germany (same language) and we even get more games because germany is way more strict with bloody games and censoring .... Only because we are small country -.-   if they not release it soon i get it from US store -.-

18 minutes ago, Xionx said:

thats so ridiculous that they forgot (or just didnt) put it on Austria shop .  I mean we have pretty much same shop than germany (same language) and we even get more games because germany is way more strict with bloody games and censoring .... Only because we are small country -.-   if they not release it soon i get it from US store -.-

Not sure what the criteria was for them to exclude some countries. Malta is way smaller than a lot of other countries that aren't included, so that doesn't seem to be the reason, I mean it's not even out in Japan or Russia for example. Supposedly they're considering adding other countries to the list, but haven't given any guarantees for it. It's an odd one really. Already considered making an account from another region as well, but just can't be arsed.

51 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Not sure what the criteria was for them to exclude some countries. Malta is way smaller than a lot of other countries that aren't included, so that doesn't seem to be the reason, I mean it's not even out in Japan or Russia for example. Supposedly they're considering adding other countries to the list, but haven't given any guarantees for it. It's an odd one really. Already considered making an account from another region as well, but just can't be arsed.

Yeah , i read on the Let it Die twitter that they plan to release it in other countries (post was on dec 9th) .

Still pretty strange that they have to pick every single country. Other devs just release game worldwide without any problems , and they have to "work on" releasing it on so many countries?

Cant be any law in Austria , like i said , we have way less strickt laws than some other countries with Let It Die .

I just wait for a while . maybe it sorts out soon .