FFXV Patches, DLC and Updates topic

Alantor32

• 1 month later...

FFXV DLC ARE CANCELED

Square Enix held a special Final Fantasy XV livestream today to commemorate the game’s upcoming second anniversary. While most gamers were no doubt expecting nothing but good news, Square Enix revealed that the majority of the game’s DLC has been canceled, and director Hajime Tabata has quit.

Earlier this year, Square Enix revealed that Final Fantasy XV would receive at least four story DLC in 2019. As of today, Episodes Aranea, Lunafreya, and Noctis have all been scrapped and will not see a release. Episode Ardyn, which will flesh out the game’s world 30 years prior to Final Fantasy XV‘s story, will still make it to gamers’ systems, with a planned release set for March of 2019.

According to Square Enix, director Hajime Tabata is also no longer working with the company as of the end of October. Developer Tabata thanked the game’s loyal fans, and announced that he plans to pursue new projects and will start his own business. Meanwhile, the internal game studio Luminous Productions that was originally working on the DLC will focus on AAA titles going forward.

source: https://gamerant.com/final-fantasy-15-dlc-canceled/

While I'm sad that FFXV's last DLC is Episode Ardryn and Tabata left SE, I am looking forward to the FFXV x FFXIV collab in FFXV and the last DLC next year.

And @Lance_87, please don't try to troll in this thread. I know you hate FFXV, but please don't spam this thread about it, okay? Thanks.

8 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

While I'm sad that FFXV's last DLC is Episode Ardryn and Tabata left SE, I am looking forward to the FFXV x FFXIV collab in FFXV and the last DLC next year.

And @Lance_87, please don't try to troll in this thread. I know you hate FFXV, but please don't spam this thread about it, okay? Thanks.

You know i hate what? Excuse me? This is my first post in this thread, and i don't even own it, let alone a system capable of running it. Try harder next time?

Edited by Lance_87

1 minute ago, Lance_87 said:

You know i hate what? Excuse me? This is my first post in this thread, and i don't even own it, let alone a system capable of running it. Try harder next time?

Okay, okay. I didn't know. You don't have to be rude about it. But if you didn't own FFXV, then why did you comment on this thread if you never own or played the game?

3 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

Okay, okay. I didn't know. You don't have to be rude about it. But if you didn't own FFXV, then why did you comment on this thread if you never own or played the game?

Because one day i'll eventually get it but i don't want to spend that much in additional content? I was sarcastic because sometimes companies just forget about releasing definitive editions. I would've loved to get a truly definitive edition of the game after they ended the DLC release schedule, but now it's basically canned, so...

Also they announced Tabata's departure, DLC cancellation, yet they released a 2nd anniversary celebration video...

Edited by Lance_87

Kinda bittersweet for me to see they've cancelled the other 3/4 DLCs. I absolutely hated this game after getting the plat at launch - the story is a joke (and from what I've heard, still is). That being said, was interested to go back to this after seeing them continually milk it with DLC for 2 years. Nice to see I won't have to wait too much longer, but honestly such a bummer to see what a disappointing mess this game turned out to be - and continues to be under Square Enix.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

100% one last time.... hopefully, it would suck to not be able to do it after all the previous troubles and I can finally get that sweet 100gb back.

Hope they don't go full Japanese on the gold trophy. 

Edited by Vizard-Ichigo--

Of course, Royal Edition includes the first Season Pass, this one was originally planned for the SECOND Season Pass before they cancelled all content but Episode Ardyn.

Maybe one day they'll bundle the digital Royal Edition with this, who knows. After the release of Episode Ardyn, the game's officially done for good.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

So, if Episode Ardyn isn't free for those who bought the Royal Edition, what was the patch 1.29 about?  It was 9.3 gb and i thought it was the dlc so i didn't check

Ok...*puts on reading glasses and shifts around papers* According to my memo the 1.29 update includes.

Episode Ardyn Support.
Episode Arydn DLC music added to FFXV music player.
The exclusive Master Assassin outfit from the Assassin's Creed event is now free to everyone.
Bug fixes.
*puts away reading glasses* i hope this helped :P

• Like 2