Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

8 hours ago, Nightstream88 said:

New Super Mario Maker 2 Update coming April 22nd, so it is pretty soon.
Looks pretty good, but didn't notice Ice Flower or Shy Guys in it.

As someone who re-plays SMB3 and SMW fairly regularly... all I've ever wanted was custom world maps linking SMM levels together.  Felt like such a missed opportunity and now it's almost here.  I could cry. ?

People are going to make some really cool almost legitimate Mario games with this now.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

As someone who re-plays SMB3 and SMW fairly regularly... all I've ever wanted was custom world maps linking SMM levels together.  Felt like such a missed opportunity and now it's almost here.  I could cry. 1f601.png

People are going to make some really cool almost legitimate Mario games with this now.

Same. This is one of the things I was hoping at launch! Hopefully, when this lockdown is over, my cousin and I can make our own world. We talked about doing it if this feature ever happened. Haha.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Same. This is one of the things I was hoping at launch! Hopefully, when this lockdown is over, my cousin and I can make our own world. We talked about doing it if this feature ever happened. Haha.

I guess the only thing that'd make it better is some sort of online collaboration functionality where you can link together your own levels and those of your family/friends. ?

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Franciscoo- said:

@Beyondthegrave07  Just curious, but do you happen to main Lucina in Ultimate? (based on your profile pic)

I'm down for some Lucina mirror matches if that's the case, or actually to play anyone interested here!

SW-4865-7337-4398

She's probably a top 5 character for me (I practiced with her a lot) mostly because I can edge guard decently well with her without killing my own dumb ass (lol). I used Ness a lot and probably still is my main (followed by Palutena, Ike, Lucas), but they nerfed Ness so hard that I just can't do the same combos you once could with the PK fire shenanigans so I've been trying to find a new main whenever I do play it.

That being said, I haven't played smash in a couple of months so I'm probably pretty rusty and even at my best, I'm pretty average in a no items match. I'll add you though and play you sometime if you're interested though. I don't really care if I lose. Haha.

Though, I am rocking a Lucina avatar because Fire Emblem Awakening is one of my favorite games of all time. It just so happens that I love FE characters in smash too.

1 hour ago, Dreakon13 said:

I guess the only thing that'd make it better is some sort of online collaboration functionality where you can link together your own levels and those of your family/friends. 1f44d.png

That would be cool if they brought that sort of social aspect, but I feel like Nintendo is just so out of touch when it comes to creating online features.

• Like 1

@Beyondthegrave07 I see, I only played Melee as a kid (not in a competitive way)  and a little bit of Smash 3ds, so I pretty much had to learn from scratch with this game.

Lucina was the first character I chose, just went with my gut, since I love sword characters in pretty much any fighting game and besides Marth was my most played character in Melee so I just stuck with her, pretty sure I have around 400h of playtime just with her xD

I also have a Roy secondary, but I still have a lot to learn with him.

In my opinion there's no way Lucina is considered an S tier character anymore, especially after her Ftil and Fsmash nerfs, she's just too  honest and lacks the sauce or that "thing" from the really top characters, but still, I'd place her on top 15 for sure, also, she doesn't beneftis at all in an online wifi environment, unfortunately.

Shulk might easily be the best swordie in the game, and Roy second, but I'd put Lucina in a close third place, above Chrom imo.

Just let me know when you wanna play some sets (just standard 1v1 ruleset, I honestly can't stand or have fun with items at all)

The thing is I usually add pretty good players that I find in arenas after we play for hours but then we never play again, since there's no way to invite or message someone even if you added that person on your friend list, unless they have like their Discord displayed as their name or something :/

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nightstream88 said:

And an Update for Animal Crossing New Horizons
Always kind of felt New horizons was missing something maybe this will help

OMG bushes! I loved them in ACNL and was waiting when we'll get them in ACNH. Very nice looking new features! 

I'm almost done with Stella Glow on 3DS (great game!) and after that I'm planning to dive into Octopath Traveler on Switch. Had the collector's edition of the game for a long time but didn't have time to start it yet.

I wanted to support my favorite local game store and picked up Astral Chain today. Got it for 8 euros (gave a couple of old games - like an extra copy of Bravely Default we had on our shelf - and an unused PS4 controller in exchange). One of my favorite local small game stores went bankrupt in February so I wouldn't want that to happen to any more companies..

Was able to get the DLC characters for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and while in my new home without internet, I was playing Mary Skelter and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

After I did the DLC Spirit boards for all Non-Legend Spirits but one Ace, I was able to clear the adventure mode thanks to the FE Three Houses Lord Spirits (mostly used Edelgard 5 years later and Dimitri 5 years later) and then most of the DLC Legend Spirit battles and that one Ace. While I was thying to clear the last two(Persona 5 and Dragon Quist XI) that is a Party based Spirit, my right switch controller starts acting weird like instead of puching then I press "A" it brocks instead and none of the buttons works then I get to pause it. This only happened twice while I was retrying the DLC Legend Spirit battles.

A little disappointed with the Mario Maker update.  The idea for world maps is there now, execution leaves a little to be desired.  I guess I wouldn't expect there to be a way to filter necessarily due to the wide variety of themes, levels and worlds in any given entry... but as far as I can tell there's no "world codes" or any way to find specific ones.  Which means 6 months from now when a handful of people make really comprehensive and meticulously curated worlds, there's no way for me to find them.  I'm at the mercy of the RNG.

Granted this was the final "major" update, so maybe some of these quality of life changes come in smaller updates down the road.  Seems like such an obvious oversight though.  They thought enough to add shareable level codes... why not worlds?

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dreakon13 said:

A little disappointed with the Mario Maker update.  The idea for world maps is there now, execution leaves a little to be desired.  I guess I wouldn't expect there to be a way to filter necessarily due to the wide variety of themes, levels and worlds in any given entry... but as far as I can tell there's no "world codes" or any way to find specific ones.  Which means 6 months from now when a handful of people make really comprehensive and meticulously curated worlds, there's no way for me to find them.  I'm at the mercy of the RNG.

Granted this was the final "major" update, so maybe some of these quality of life changes come in smaller updates down the road.  Seems like such an obvious oversight though.  They thought enough to add shareable level codes... why not worlds?

Agreed. I was wanting my friend who recently got a Switch to try my world, but it's sad to see there's no code for it.

I think quality of life improvements are coming though so fingers crossed. They listen to fans more than what people think.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

I don't think I'm getting a Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive demo. I was hoping for one but since it's already available fro pre-purchase on Switch e-shop... there should already be a demo with it but there isn't.

In the end I'll probably end up getting Xenoblade Chronicle Definitive and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I just hope I don't regret it. Again. ?

Btw, the new tools in SMM2 are really cool. I'm glad they added the extra stuff because I have ideas spinning in my head for each one, and has got me back into Mario maker. I'm almost done with my first boomerang level. I'll post the code here when I'm done in case anyone is interested. It's not difficult and it's not really long either. I try not to make levels frustratingly hard because if I don't enjoy playing through them, I doubt others will! Haha.

Of course, if anyone else is using the new tools to create levels, I'd be happy to play them (as long as they aren't troll levels). Post them here or send me a PM. Might give me some inspiration for a new level.

I plan on making worlds at some point, but honestly, I want to get more comfortable with the tools and get new ideas by playing other levels before doing so.

On 4/23/2020 at 10:31 AM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Agreed. I was wanting my friend who recently got a Switch to try my world, but it's sad to see there's no code for it.

I think quality of life improvements are coming though so fingers crossed. They listen to fans more than what people think.

I did find a way to at least kinda sorta find specific worlds to play.  If you look up the players profile that created it, the world is accessible from there.  And you can look up profiles via codes, or find them from levels they made.

EDIT: I've been going onto the SMM2 subreddit and finding some cool traditional Mario worlds (meaning they are just pretty normal Mario levels and mostly free from gimmicks) as people know enough to share creator or level codes to find the worlds in-game.

For example...

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

I did find a way to at least kinda sorta find specific worlds to play.  If you look up the players profile that created it, the world is accessible from there.  And you can look up profiles via codes, or find them from levels they made.

EDIT: I've been going onto the SMM2 subreddit and finding some cool traditional Mario worlds (meaning they are just pretty normal Mario levels and mostly free from gimmicks) as people know enough to share creator or level codes to find the worlds in-game.

For example...

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the shell jumps, pow jumps, kaizo tricks, etc. so I'll have to take a look at these. Thanks!

I just got a Switch yesterday and I'm wondering is it okay to leave the Joycons attached for extended periods of time while the console is docked or should I remove them? I'll almost exclusively use the Switch in TV mode and I have a Pro controller so I won't be using the Joycons much. I assume it's okay to leave them attached but I'd like to be sure the batteries on them won't be damaged.

I apologize if this has been asked before but I really didn't feel like going through this entire thread as it's so long.

43 minutes ago, Janire1911 said:

I just got a Switch yesterday and I'm wondering is it okay to leave the Joycons attached for extended periods of time while the console is docked or should I remove them? I'll almost exclusively use the Switch in TV mode and I have a Pro controller so I won't be using the Joycons much. I assume it's okay to leave them attached but I'd like to be sure the batteries on them won't be damaged.

I apologize if this has been asked before but I really didn't feel like going through this entire thread as it's so long.

It's fine to leave them on. The switch dock stops charging if the batteries are full, similar to the wii u and 3ds/ds line

• Like 2

On 3.5.2020 at 11:53 PM, BlackTorito said:

I finally got to clear BotW, I got a nice star on my cleared save, and that’s it.

I’ve done roughly 60% of side content, not counting seeds, is there anything recommended and worthwhile to do? 

Finding the picture locations triggers memory scenes and I think an extra scene at end, so that's probably most juicy side content. Ofc Champion's Ballad DLC as well (Trials of Sword is kinda meh).

Other than that, most shrine quests are creative/challenging, such as Eventide Island if you haven't found it yet.

Personally I took a break from the game after beating it, but got the season pass later and finished all the shrines after doing Champion's Ballad quests. It also adds some interesting treasures into the world.

offtopic: eagerly waiting Xenoblade DE, to dust off my Switch

Edited by mecharobot
  • Like 1

Wondering what news await the Switch since it is Mario's 35th anniversary. So happy 35th anniversary, Mario. You inspired gaming and have jumped into our hearts since 1985. :)

Also, eager to get Xenoblade Chronicles DE this month hopefully. And managed to beat Link's Awakening on Switch, a fun remake of a beloved classic.

On 5/3/2020 at 3:53 PM, BlackTorito said:

I finally got to clear BotW, I got a nice star on my cleared save, and that’s it.

I’ve done roughly 60% of side content, not counting seeds, is there anything recommended and worthwhile to do? 

Collecting all the clothes is pretty neat. Granted you'll have to do all the shrines in order to do that, but the clothes you get for doing all the shrines is pretty cool. Of course, getting all the memories and beating the game will give you a new ending too so that might be worth your time as well if you haven't done so already.

I beat it a couple of months back and I'll probably come back to it eventually to finish up the shrines and the memories.

3 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Collecting all the clothes is pretty neat. Granted you'll have to do all the shrines in order to do that, but the clothes you get for doing all the shrines is pretty cool. Of course, getting all the memories and beating the game will give you a new ending too so that might be worth your time as well if you haven't done so already.

I beat it a couple of months back and I'll probably come back to it eventually to finish up the shrines and the memories.

I suspected so, I was only 1 memory short, but when she said “do you remember me?” I thought completing the memories might change something ?

10 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

I suspected so, I was only 1 memory short, but when she said “do you remember me?” I thought completing the memories might change something 1f914.png

It's nothing super crazy or anything like so don't go into it thinking you are going to get some huge revelation. Haha. It is a sweet ending and probably worth it.