Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

Started the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 DLC and my first impression is wow. This is going to be epic. The gameplay seems to focus more on exploration, collecting, and killing monsters than upgrading classes through fighting and liberating colonies. Though, that may change.

It does feel like it's going to be a bit on the shorter side (25 hours based off how quickly I'm leveling and how I completed a chapter in an hour), but the story is very interesting so far, does a great job connecting the dots so far, and the new mechanics keep it familiar but fresh. After I get a few more hours in tomorrow evening,  I'll have a better idea of length.

Feels refreshing to jump back into Xenoblade Chronicles again. I played the whole trilogy last year, and after letting the experience sink in a bit, I still think I'd say it's my favorite series of all time.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Started the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 DLC and my first impression is wow. This is going to be epic. The gameplay seems to focus more on exploration, collecting, and killing monsters than upgrading classes through fighting and liberating colonies. Though, that may change.

It does feel like it's going to be a bit on the shorter side (25 hours based off how quickly I'm leveling and how I completed a chapter in an hour), but the story is very interesting so far, does a great job connecting the dots so far, and the new mechanics keep it familiar but fresh. After I get a few more hours in tomorrow evening,  I'll have a better idea of length.

Feels refreshing to jump back into Xenoblade Chronicles again. I played the whole trilogy last year, and after letting the experience sink in a bit, I still think I'd say it's my favorite series of all time.

If you haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles X yet, I recommend jumping into that. Lots of exploration to do there and epic twists in the storyline. A couple of things that happened in the game made my jaw drop - I still occasionally think back to those moments despite finishing the game in 2020. The combat isn't as good as in XB2 but the world is fantastic and you get to customize your playable character plus Skell.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

If you haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles X yet, I recommend jumping into that. Lots of exploration to do there and epic twists in the storyline. A couple of things that happened in the game made my jaw drop - I still occasionally think back to those moments despite finishing the game in 2020. The combat isn't as good as in XB2 but the world is fantastic and you get to customize your playable character plus Skell.

Honestly, the world building is what really makes these games. Is it only on Wii U?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

20230428_174810.jpg

20230428_172523.jpg

1f64c.png

Nice looking console! I kind of considered getting that one myself but wasn't that keen on the left Joy-Con's color scheme. Maybe if they had swapped the green with gold and made the Joy-Con base color white. 
Nintendo, I'm still waiting for a white OLED Switch with some kind of stylish Animal Crossing theme...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

Nice looking console! I kind of considered getting that one myself but wasn't that keen on the left Joy-Con's color scheme. Maybe if they had swapped the green with gold and made the Joy-Con base color white. 
Nintendo, I'm still waiting for a white OLED Switch with some kind of stylish Animal Crossing theme...

Yeah i only got it because i have an OG switch (selling to sister for niece tho), and that things battery life is garbage. Also I tend to upgrade mid-life cycle anyway and once I saw a zelda one available i played a game on myself. It was sold out online, so if i was able to preorder in store i would. Well, picture speaks for itself.

What i do wish is that Nintendo just kept all these limited console joycons seperate for purchase. Who wants 20 switch consoles? unless you're Wood Hawker. lol

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

PSA:

Although I myself am not a Zelda fan... I know there are lots of them out there...

So be warned...

TOTK has been fully leaked. Be careful of spoilers out there. Up to each individual in the end though...

i just want confirmation of dungeons. Story is whatever. Don't care.

--------------

Todays pickup/delivery:

20230501_175430.jpg

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

i just want confirmation of dungeons. Story is whatever. Don't care.

I think I saw something somewhere that stated...

Spoiler

Shrines are dungeons

But it was on GameFAQs I believe. So take that however you want.

Edited by SelectiveGamer

Take this however you want.....

Honestly... there's a bunch of conflicting information about this. I've heard that they want it out for holiday this year. At the end of the day... we have to wait for official announcement/confirmation from Nintendo themselves obviously.

• Like 4

Finished XC3 Future Redeemed DLC.

Overall, it was really enjoyable. Characters were pretty cool (Shulk still best MC), and the story was good. It answers a lot of questions about City and how the characters with the statues came to be.

I think the coolest part was definitely the customization with Chain attacks and unity attacks. Made some cool strats with it and found it really fun.

The DLC also focuses on killing x amount of each enemy, unique enemies, and exploring in general. You are HIGHLY rewarded for doing this, and creates a fun loop when going to new, unfamiliar areas. Definitely something I can see them bringing to their next games. The story can be done in 20 hours probably,  but I finished it with around 27 hours at 95% completion. However,  what I have left would probably take a while to do as I am on level 63 and there are superbosses at level 60, 70, 80, 90, and 100.

I also don't  have everyone fully upgraded either so I definitely need to do that before I start leveling up.

Perfect timing though, now I can get ready for LoZ Tears of the Kingdom.

BTW, I'll still be playing Pokemon. I'm trying to build a Rain team, but I'm doing really shitty with it. My win % is way down this month. Haha. You got to learn to lose though to figure out what's wrong with your team. So for now, I'll keep losing and adjusting my rain team until I start getting Ws. I think the concept is good. I just need to switch a pokemon here, adjust EVs there.

Right now, this is the team.

Floatzel 

Pelipper 

Scizor 

Amoonguss 

Iron hands

Ting-lu 

I think Ting lu and iron hands need to be replaced. I have too many physical hitters on my team and just get killed by intimidate cycling. I also have no answer into water pokemon and specifically, Annihilape, Dragonite, and Corvinkight. These Pokémon make it so hard to win so my thoughts are getting a good special attacker with electric attacks, fairy attacks, or maybe something more supportive. 

I'm thinking Kilowattrel would be interesting and so would Farigaraf. Tinkaton may also be good too for support. I'm just torn right now on how to make it better as I usually run through teams or just get walled.

• Like 3