Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

Definite buy:

Super Mario RPG

Pokémon DLC (already planned on it)

On my radar:

SMB Wonder

Dragon Quest Monsters

Star Ocean Second Story R

Maybe down the line:

Pikman 4

Slient Word

The main two things I want right now weren't even included on the Direct: Rain Code and Baiten Kaitos Collection so maybe I'll save some money this year.

Though, question for anyone here... Is Amazon giving you ridiculous shipping dates for your stuff? I pre-ordered Rain Code last night and it told me it'll be here by AUGUST!?!?

I'll hold onto it for now and look for a physical version near me before canceling but holy shit, is the Amazon/FedEx strikes that bad?

• Like 2

I'm usually not into paying the Nintendo tax for stuff, but Dragon Quest Monsters has always been good to me. Palia I remember from a couple years ago. The devs were being dicks in their discord at the time, so I bailed. Interesting to see they decided to go f2p.

• Like 2

On 6/20/2023 at 4:01 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Okay, predictions for tomorrow's direct:

Lots of Pikman gameplay Check

Pokemon DLC/TotK DLC (one or the other, not both) Check

Splatoon 3 DLC gameplay At least Splatoon was mentioned?

Paper Mario TYD remaster Giant whiff

Brief Metroid Prime 4 Update Got Peach game update instead, WHIFF

Some 1st party game that no one will see coming Insert Super Mario RPG here! Check

News on upcoming NSO games Big stinky whiff

"Available today" (Demos mostly) More like Pre-order today, amIright?

3rd party games/indies on switch (like Persona, Sonic? NAILED IT

NO news on Nintendo Switch 2. (I think this will be it's own Direct) BIG CHECK

Not terrible? My prediction game was decent imo.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 2

Well it looks like Mario RPG was real...just...not the RPG they were talking about. I guess that's cool, I never really played the original...like I have, but didn't put any significant time into it, I wasn't playing RPG's in those days, so never really knew what I was doing. 

Super Mario Wonders looks interesting as well, but it's also clearly just another variation of the New Super Mario Bros. games. 

• Like 2

damn that was a good direct

Thoughts:

TAKE MY MONEY NOW

Pikmin 4

Pikmin 1 HD

Pikmin 2 HD

Interested

Metal Gear Solid master collection

super Mario Wonder

Star Ocean

Mario RPG

Slient Hope

Could get

Manic Mechanics

Mythforce

WarioWare

Headbangers

Penny's big breakaway

Dragon Quest

Hotwheels

Gloomheaven

The princess Peach game

Luigi's mansion

Vampire surviours

Meh

Batman Arkham trilogy

Fae Farm

Palia

Sonic Superstars

Go Jump off a cliff please

Just Dance 2024

i want to play the game first/ i want to play other games in the series to avoid spoliers

Detectable Pikachu

Mario Kart 8 booster course

Persona 5 Tactia

Splatfeast

Mario + Rabbids DLC

Conclusion

with the exception of Just Dance 2024 and the games in the last column, i could really buy anything here which means it was a good direct, a shame that the Pikmin 1 and 2 hd games don't get Physical until September but at least Pikmin 4 exists.

Now that i think about don't Nintendo offer free repairs for Joycons with a bad case of Joycon drift in the UK? only asking as it's the main reason i don't play on it much anymore

• Like 1

Can I say that Nintendo won E3? ?. New announcements, surprises, gameplay, release dates.

Also, before I move to the games themselves, I have a question. Do people pay attention to differences in Direct announcements depending on the region? I just learned the JP Direct included some different trailers, like this 3D action Fate game, for example.

Penny's Big Breakaway was my favourite game of the show. I like 3D platformers, and this one had a cool moveset. Using this weird Yo-Yo to swing, air dash, ride it like a monocycle, and other stuff looked fun. I also like Penny's character design.

It's coming to PS5 BTW.

Never thought I'd say this, but I was actually hyped to see a new Dragon Quest Monsters game. A year ago, I didn't even know about them, but streams of the previous DQM games I've watched were fun. Pokemon/SMT mechanics in a DQ world. 

Pikmin 4 looks good. In terms of Switch game graphics, it's gotta be up there. Also cute.

Speaking of cute, Mario was so small and round and cute in Super Mario RPG.

Same thing, maybe not to the same extent, in Super Mario Bros. Wonder (which looks great too). I almost never play Nintendo games, so I'm not sure, but my amateur artist eye is telling me, his design and art style received some tiny changes again. The game itself looks weird, and it's kind of a new (?) trend, that everything goes beyond crazy and chaotic. Wonder did a good first impression. 

Vampire Survivors on Switch - something tells me the framerate is going to tank when you're deep in the run ?. Hopefully not.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 4

Super Mario RPG and Star Ocean 2nd story were the big highlights for me personally. In the case of star ocean I’ll probably eventually get it on Steam via the Steam Deck assuming it runs well, but probably not as a day 1 release. Super Mario RPG remake on the other hand will definitely be day 1 for me since Nintendo hates putting out good sales on 1st party titles and since I mean come on it’s SUPER MARIO RPG!

Edited by whodeygamer
  • Like 1

It was a good Direct with some nice reveals.

Super Mario Bros. Wonder: Looks like a fun game and oddly similar to Sonic Superstars that just got revealed. Been a while since I played a 2D Mario game so I might get it down the line.

Detective Pikachu Returns: Played the first one last year and I enjoyed it (hope they remaster it though). I loved the characters in DP, especially Tim and Pikachu's chemistry. The levels look bigger with the newer Pokemon so that's exciting. Definitely will be getting this at launch.

Pikmin 4: Looks great and I'm excited to play it. Also happy that Pikmin 1&2 are getting ported to Switch and now we have all four games on one system!

Wario Ware Move It: It looks nice and I'm looking forward to it as long as it's appropriatley priced. Get it Together was a bit steep at $50.

Mario RPG Remake: It looked awesome and by far the highlight of the show. Heard and read lots of good stuff about it so I'll be getting it. Need to finally play the original before the remake is due in November though! 

The Penny platformer looks nice and reminds me a lot of the 90's platformers that were popular. Good news that some Zelda amiibos are getting reissued (I finally might be able to get a SS Link) and MGS collection coming to Switch was a nice surprise.

Was hoping for a new hardware tease but I'm guessing Nintendo's saving that for the end of the year. I remember them doing it with the Switch (announce it in October and launch it by March of next year) but who knows.

• Like 3

So 1 thing I just learned is that the unnamed Princess Peach game is going to be 3rd game ever to feature her as the main character. The other 2 being Super Princess Peach on the DS and Princess Toadstool’s Castle Run (Nelsonic Game Watch). I at least knew about Super Princess Peach but I had never heard of the other until just now.

Edited by whodeygamer
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Viper said:

Okay no...that Mario RPG boxart is terrible. I mean...it's just a boxart, so not a deal breaker or anything. But c'mon, I could make that in MS Paint with no art skills at all. 

Yeah, I think there's waaay too much white space, everyone is standing still, and looking in the same direction. What the hell. Lol.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Except no Yoshi!!! Wtf did Yoshi do to deserve this treatment? :P

I'm curious about that myself. Maybe just because he was a popular character, so they stuck him on the box? Or maybe he was gonna have a bigger role originally.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 2