Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

That was actually a really enjoyable Nintendo Direct honestly. Did it have a lot of things I'll buy? Probably not but it was still an enjoyable show and that's all that really matters honestly. Probably my favorite event since Summer Game Fest

I just feel like... Nintendo/TPC/GameFreak can't make up their god damn minds and keep contradicting themselves and resetting precedent when it comes to Pokemon in general Nintendo Directs.

First it isn't there because they have their own presentations... now it is...? I get that this is DLC and the last time this really happened was Sw/Sh DLC... but I feel like they need to make up their god damn minds on if Pokemon is going to show up in these things or not and stop resetting precedent. So does this mean Pokemon Presents is dead now? Because if it's going to start showing up in Directs again there's no reason for a Presents anymore

Am I being overly paranoid and wearing my conspiracy hat again? Yeah maybe I won't deny it. Just stating how I feel. That's all.

Also I don't care what everyone says I'm looking forward to the DLC. But I'm looking forward to more Pokemon Ace Attorney (Detective Pikachu) because all of my yes. First game was shockingly decent so I want more of it. I don't know what took so god damn long for this to finally come out but I guess all that really matters is that it's finally coming out.

I'm contemplating getting Super Mario RPG Remake as well because I remember enjoying watching an LP of it on YouTube years ago. We'll see obviously. Keeping an eye on it for now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Okay no...that Mario RPG boxart is terrible. I mean...it's just a boxart, so not a deal breaker or anything. But c'mon, I could make that in MS Paint with no art skills at all. 

I dont agree. Looks nice and clean. Not squashed together with anything.

Anyways, Mario RPG and Mario Bros Wonder are must buys for me. I still gotta get TOTK lol. And The new Princess Peach game looks amazing for what they showed. And I loved Luigis Mansion DM back in 2013. Will they bring back Scarescrapper online mode? That was fun back in the day.

Lastly, Pikmin 4 looks really cool. Now that all 4 games on Switch. Maybe I will get into them? 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Viper said:

Okay no...that Mario RPG boxart is terrible. I mean...it's just a boxart, so not a deal breaker or anything. But c'mon, I could make that in MS Paint with no art skills at all. 

I'm hoping that's just the placeholder box art but who knows.  The 3d all stars cartridge art was pretty disappointing. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

I'm curious about that myself. Maybe just because he was a popular character, so they stuck him on the box? Or maybe he was gonna have a bigger role originally.

My guess is that he didn't have a big role in the game and the switch case is too thin to fit him on it with the rest.

I still think the box art is a bit lame. They could've kept the spirit of the original art without almost a cheap copy-paste imo. I'd still agree with @Viper. It feels very uninspiring. Granted, it's not a deal breaker for me either and I care about the inside art more than the cover art.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

My guess is that he didn't have a big role in the game and the switch case is too thin to fit him on it with the rest.

I still think the box art is a bit lame. They could've kept the spirit of the original art without almost a cheap copy-paste imo. I'd still agree with @Viper. It feels very uninspiring. Granted, it's not a deal breaker for me either and I care about the inside art more than the cover art.

I thought you were asking why Yoshi was on the Japanese box. My guess is they originally had him play a larger part, but changed it to that damn annoying race later…which I hope is easier to win in the remake.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

I thought you were asking why Yoshi was on the Japanese box. My guess is they originally had him play a larger part, but changed it to that damn annoying race later…which I hope is easier to win in the remake.

Nah, I never played the original. My cousin had it so I've seen some gameplay, but never got to experience it myself. 

VERY excited for this one. Good box art or bad. xD

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Nah, I never played the original. My cousin had it so I've seen some gameplay, but never got to experience it myself. 

VERY excited for this one. Good box art or bad. xD

So am I. I spent many hours playing it on my SNES

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Titan said:

Lastly, Pikmin 4 looks really cool. Now that all 4 games on Switch. Maybe I will get into them? 

Yeah, that's my same thought. Really want to start with the first game and go through them all in order. I feel like I get a better appreciation for the series playing them in order and seeing how it changes.

Too much to play at the moment with TotK and MDA: Rain Code next week, but it's definitely on my list to try.

• Like 1

That Direct was pretty damn good, and there was a good amount of stuff to get excited for from it (a lot of which are re-releases of existing games, but that's to be expected at this point in the Switch's lifespan). I'm especially glad that the Pikmin remasters are getting a physical release after all (albeit not until September for some odd reason, but I digress).

I think that a remaster/remake of The Thousand-Year Door can still happen for multiple reasons (mainly because Nintendo seems pretty keen on re-releasing GameCube games specifically at the moment, and the fact that they bothered remaking Legend of The Seven Stars at all), but it's still nice to see the OG Mario RPG game get some love (it should be noted that the two rumors regarding remakes of both games were otherwise unrelated, so RPG getting a remake doesn't necessarily cancel out or debunk TTYD getting a similar treatment). This also leaves the doors open for other games included with (or coming to) NSO to potentially get remakes of their own somewhere down the line (the remake of Link's Awakening, imo, doesn't really count due to said remake having been released first, with the DX re-release of the original game being added to NSO years after the fact). I'm not sure about the other two games out of the original Metroid Prime trilogy (or the rumored F-Zero GX remake, for that matter), but I suspect that re-releases of The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess will probably not happen until some point in the next Nintendo console's lifespan. They've already re-released some of these other games they're re-releasing now at least once before (outside of Virtual Console, which I don't believe really counts here), so I think it's still possible that they too will get re-released again and it's just Nintendo not wanting to re-release them on the Wii U's immediate successor (since they had already been re-released on the Wii U itself), but I could obviously be mistaken. I feel pretty confident about this being the case regardless, however.

Edit (07/28/2023): Only just now realized that the original SNES version of Super Mario RPG is in fact seemingly not included with - nor announced to be coming to - NSO. I still think more remakes of games already included with or coming to NSO is a decent possibility nonetheless, however.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

I'm going to get Super Mario RPG day 1. Super Mario Bros. Wonder is too close to Spider-Man 2 and there's so much stuff coming out before DQM that I'll probably wait until New Year's at least to pick it up, but definitely will. Star Ocean I'll get on PS when the time comes.

• Like 3

Excited for the remake of Super Mario RPG, it was my first RPG and one of my most beloved SNES games... Still, I didnt liked too much of what was showed in the video, can't point exactly what it is, it looks like they just detailed the background "around" and updated the characters, but still feels so empty and plain, I expect something more elaborated like the remake of Links Awakening. Still looking forward to it and hope that Nintendo adds his "magic" to this remake.

• Like 3

It seems like recently they've been porting GC and Wii games and remaking GBA and SNES games so maybe they'll still port Wind Waker and Twilight Princess sooner or later. I still wouldn't give up hope on that one.

Though, I think with all the GC game ports, I think it's safe to say we aren't getting the console added to NSO anytime soon. xD

• Like 3

263e08a8e63fefa04aab321ad55e11b429295dea.jpg

I finished Trinity Trigger on Switch a week ago. Fun action RPG that wasn't too long. I finished the main story and some side quests in 22 h. Character interactions were amusing and the story got better towards the end of the game. The graphics made me think of older games with simple 3D models and lower quality textures. The texture quality "issue" wasn't visible when playing handheld though. 

The combat was pretty decent but the fact that you have to switch weapons pretty often to deal optimal damage to different monsters was a bit of a hindrance to my enjoyment. I understand it brings in a strategy aspect of sorts but I feel it fits better to turn-based combat than fast-paced action combat system. I had read complaints about party member AI being stupid but to my surprise I found it working really well... until I got to the final boss fight. At that point the AI suddenly couldn't avoid damaging areas and lots of deaths ensued. I didn't remember to try the local co-op play but might give it a go sometime. 

What I really liked was the character designs, the overall aesthetic and music. The music wasn't super memorable but it fit the areas and events well and gave just the right kind of vibe to the game. 

Even though TriTri had some faults, my feelings after finishing it were positive. And look at this badass cutscene! 

I also finished my first playthrough of Crimson Shroud (https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS-download-software/CRIMSON-SHROUD--691846.html) on 3DS (thanks to a long weekend due to Finnish midsummer celebrations). What a great game with unique aesthetic. Now I'm on New Game + to see the second ending. It's clearly more challenging than most RPGs I've played and today I got multiple game overs before finally surviving some of the boss battles. Crimson Shroud mimics tabletop games where you roll dice to decide whether your buffs / debuffs / some other skills are succesful. The music in this one is very good and I've enjoyed the art. The story is interesting (loved the first ending) and has pretty dark tones. Or what say you about the game's depiction of how you kill a heretic: "Lead is poured into the eyes, robbing sight, that the truth might be buried in darkness. The fingers and toes are crushed, that the punished will know they are not to return to this world." 

Now that I got a couple of games out of my backlog I couldn't resist adding something to it. I bought Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate in the Switch eShop sale as it was 60% off and I had a crapload of Gold points. Now it won't taunt me on my wishlist anymore! I hear this is a difficult game and I hope I manage to beat it one day.

Just 5 more days of work and then I'll have 6 weeks of vacation and I should have more time for gaming. B)  ...Unless I crumple under the weight of my backlog before then.

• Like 3

On 6/22/2023 at 10:11 PM, Zephrese said:

I think that a remaster/remake of The Thousand-Year Door can still happen for multiple reasons (mainly because Nintendo seems pretty keen on re-releasing GameCube games specifically at the moment, and the fact that they bothered remaking Legend of The Seven Stars at all), but it's still nice to see the OG Mario RPG game get some love (it should be noted that the two rumors regarding remakes of both games were otherwise unrelated, so RPG getting a remake doesn't necessarily cancel out or debunk TTYD getting a similar treatment).

I wish they would do this already. I want to play through all of the Mario Party games one at a time, getting 100% on each of them, but switching consoles and dealing with obsolete wires and adapters to convert stuff to HD is a pain in my butt. The Pokémon games, too. I'm getting old. I need some consolidation in my life.

Edited by Kristen Danielle
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Just for fun, here's a reaction video to the Super Mario RPG remake. You might want to turn your speakers down. Lots of screaming.

I was screaming on the inside. :) 

I don't really care what anyone else says/thinks... I love reactions and watching them lol

• Like 3

I started up Fire Emblem: Blazing Blade for a bit (since it's on NSO). I forgot how fantastic it was. The story really has a Game of Thrones feel to it fighting over power, assassins, fake claims, etc. Gameplay is also still very good. If you enjoy the tactics of Fire Emblem and all of its RNG level up goodness, you're in for a treat.

I also really hope they eventually add sacred stones to the NSO service, but honestly, I wouldn't be upset if there was a Remake of it... Granted, the way Nintendo has been rolling, expect Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn to be ported over to the switch... wouldn't be upset with that either! xD Love me some Fire Emblem!

• Like 4

On 6/26/2023 at 5:59 PM, SelectiveGamer said:

I don't really care what anyone else says/thinks... I love reactions and watching them lol

Most of what I watch on YT are reaction channels (Mostly music and movies). Never understood the hate for them. 

• Like 2