Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

finished the Pikmin 4 demo a few hours ago, and i can say that i will definitely enjoy it when it resales on July 21st. a bit annoyed that you can only have 3 pikmin types on the field at any one time but it's just a minor annoyance. (if you haven't played the demo yet, you should! there's even a save transfer with the full game when it releases)

back to the PS4 tomorrow to continue grinding the star based trophies in Xposed reloaded and to grind/chesse Club Legend from FIFA 20 (just got to spam forfeits lol)

• Like 3

On 6/28/2023 at 8:23 AM, Viper said:

Most of what I watch on YT are reaction channels (Mostly music and movies). Never understood the hate for them. 

Probably just old people like me (I'm 43) who see the "reaction face" copy/paste on top of something like a Nintendo Direct banner, and feel grumpy about it. The little bit I've seen of them is exaggerated reactions to stuff. If there are people who genuinely react that way to stuff that usually isn't even very unexpected, I don't know what to say to that. But anyway, if people enjoy that, good for them. I don't see the appeal, myself.

I'm looking forward to Pikmin 4, but I have so much stuff to play that I have no desire to play the demo. I can wait for the full thing.

I recently started Monster Hunter Stories 2, which I think has enough story focus for me to actually get into it. I always bounced off the previous mainline Monster Hunters I tried, and genre clones on Vita (e.g. Soul Sacrifice).

I'm still playing Zelda TotK. I am on the last part of the story but I'm still having fun doing non-story things around the game world. Right now I'm focusing on the stone tablets side adventure quest. Pretty cool in terms of backstory, tying into the Memories cutscenes.

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 4

I debated whether to post this and share this on here... but I guess I will. For anyone who wants to read it mostly I guess.

Please keep in mind... that at the end of the day... I'm just sharing this. I'm not saying I believe this, I'm not saying this is going to happen, I'm not saying anything really. So please no 'shooting the messenger' here. Please? ?

https://wccftech.com/nintendo-switch-successor-launch-q1-2024/

I mean if you really want to know my opinion on this... well... I still refuse to believe anything until/unless there is an official announcement.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

So I'm about 50 hours into Tears of the Kingdom. I'm absolutely loving the game and can easily see myself putting 100+ hours into it. But I gotta know... does/did anyone else look behind the entrance and behind the final altar of every single shrine? You know, just in case they decided to sneak an extra treasure chest into one of those areas?

Decades of video game conditioning have me doing this every single time, even though I've yet to find an extra chest and probably never will. I can't not do it. Because as we all know, whenever you enter a dungeon or new area, you always go the wrong way first, and you always check around at the exit before exiting.

Or is it just me? 1f605.png

Yes, just like how I always check under the waterfalls and under or behind staircases. You can't be too careful, friend. ;)

• Like 4

8 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I debated whether to post this and share this on here... but I guess I will. For anyone who wants to read it mostly I guess.

Please keep in mind... that at the end of the day... I'm just sharing this. I'm not saying I believe this, I'm not saying this is going to happen, I'm not saying anything really. So please no 'shooting the messenger' here. Please? 1f613.png

https://wccftech.com/nintendo-switch-successor-launch-q1-2024/

I mean if you really want to know my opinion on this... well... I still refuse to believe anything until/unless there is an official announcement.

Not sure about the early 2024 timing but the next console release should be reasonably close considering Furukawa's statements lately (Switch successor will utilize the Nintendo account system, they aim to reduce scalping, etc.). Nintendo will be attending Tokyo Game Show but they will only be in the area accessible for businesses, meaning they might be striking up deals with partners regarding new hardware so they'll have a good list of upcoming titles to promise for consumers when they reveal their next device. 

Wasn't the Switch announcement in the autumn and it actually launched the next spring? So it's very much possible the next hardware's reveal to release time span may be similarly short.

• Like 4

Been recently playing Dead Cells ever since dropping it in 2018 and was surprised by the amount of updates/gameplay changes they added to the game. Still can't fully beat it but will continue trying. I finally picked up Pokemon Shining Pearl too (love Palkia's design) and played for an hour so far. Picked Piplup as my starter (his later evos look awesome) and so far, I'm enjoying things.

Funny story: back in 2008, I just got a DS Lite after by OG DS' top screen snapped off. I was looking for a new game to go with it and came across two: Pokemon Pearl and Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. I was a mega Sonic fan at the time so I chose went with the latter as I didn't get into Pokemon until Gen 6 in 2013. Despite it being mediocre, I really enjoyed Sonic Dark Brotherhood as a kid and I replayed it around 3-4 times since I didn't have much games at the time. That said, I wish I went with Pokemon Pearl as that game soared up in price while Dark Brotherhood is comparably cheap lol. Wanted to get the DS copy but it's way too expensive so I'm happy that I got the remake.

• Like 3

On 7/14/2023 at 11:14 AM, mcnichoj said:

They'll announce it Q1/Q2 and launch the device around September like they did the Switch.

OG Switch came out in March (later revisions did come out in September and October, however).

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Zephrese said:

OG Switch came out in March (later revisions did come out in September and October, though).

Okay so strike that from the record. I've had a lot going on recently so I'm a little mixed up. All recent consoles since sixth gen and onward BESIDES the Switch have released in November.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

20230714-212101.jpg

My pre-order came in today! I've let my Switch fall by the wayside these past couple months because I've been busy with work, but I'm charging it back up right now. I'm kicking back this weekend to enjoy this. 

I got all of my Danganronpa games on the ps5 so here's hoping we get a release there as well

if not though, that game has been on my radar for a while now and it looks absolutely amazing! Have fun! DO share you opinion on it here now and then :D

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dantes_994 said:

I got all of my Danganronpa games on the ps5 so here's hoping we get a release there as well

if not though, that game has been on my radar for a while now and it looks absolutely amazing! Have fun! DO share you opinion on it here now and then :D

Will do, once I've got a handful of hours into it ? The plushie & steelbook content in this edition is nice. If you were looking at the collector's edition.

& I'm hoping it'll come around to PS, too (but I didn't want to wait). 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Switch, Finally I bought the OLED model in Japan and am ready to hack away with my early model.

Metroid Prime remastered cost me about $40 and god damn this is remaster/make to perfection. Also got the new zelda game and luckily defaulted to english. In any case the OLED is amazing, thankyou book off Japan.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

About fucking time. lol

Ah hell yeah! Thanks for sharing! I had Oracle of Ages as a kid. Excited to play it again.

My cousin and I also decided to play Paper Mario 64 with each other and we're having a blast! We plan to try to get together monthly to play it and beat the game. We were able to save the first 2 star Sages over the weekend... doubt we can keep that pace though! xD I owned it and played through it as a kid, but it's his first time playing it so it's really fun to talk about what badges I like and how silly I was as a kid. Haha.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Zephrese said:

About fucking time. lol

Bro this just makes me happy and you're right that it is about time. Frankly I'm still blown away with the Metroid remake and I'm hearing rumors of the sequel getting the same treatment though I work so many hours I miss allot of news. The switch to me is just a clean and easy to use console but I always consider playing games like these 2 in handheld mode. I like the way mini pc's are taking the same stance with handheld and dock mode but the switch to me is still viable as long as we get quality like this.

• Like 2

I've been playing this new game Sticky Business on PC and having a lot of fun with it. Making Hitman themed stickers in a cutesy game is probably not what the developers intended but I like how creative you can get. I also finished the main story of Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk a couple of days ago. I intend to conquer the post-game labyrinth next to see the true ending. Great dungeon crawler that despite its cute visuals was very dark and even uncomfortable at times... and I'm used to pretty dark stuff. 

On Switch I finished Castti's journey in Octopath Traveler II and I'm progressing the other characters' stories further. Castti's final boss actually gave me trouble and I had to reattempt the fight a couple of times. I finally managed by changing my support skills and concentrating on dealing high bursts of damage. I really enjoyed Castti's story and character despite being disappointed in the game pulling the overused amnesia trope with her in the beginning. 

I was super tempted to get Radiant Tale that released just a couple of days ago. Look at that art! The main character artist is the same as in Variable Barricade which I liked. And I hear it's a very lighthearted and cozy fairytale-like game. 

I restrained myself and I'm trying to finish Piofiore first. I'm angry they keep talking about food but never show it. ?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I think I've run out of stuff to say at this point when I post stuff like this lol. Oh well I guess.

You know the drill. I guess.

I don't know, 2024 feels right. Besides this along with the PS5 Pro rumors...they feel too, I don't know...forceful? Direct? To not be true at this point, and the fact that Sony and Nintendo have zero push back on it also makes me think there's truth to it. I know we should always wait for the horses mouth to actually reveal it...but something just feels legit about them. 

• Like 3