Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

211 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

18 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

Hi all! It's been a while.

Nintendo Direct airing tomorrow, September 14th.

And check out our Pokémon Scarlet/Violet cake we got for our wedding anniversary last weekend.

ae40314937825b06b443c127ed3052874a9cd80e.jpg5ab9cc37d7648eb6164ee962a25b2326c87c5f53.jpg4776b800d0fb0a858f9b130fe371c9abbb2b8a2d.jpg

God willing that leaker is true & there’s a new F-Zero.

Also, that cake is amazing & happy anniversary!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alantor32 said:

What do the leaks show?

Spoiler

The most recent leaks that I saw were from the same guy who leaked the Super Mario RPG remake and Wonder (down to the exact name, powerups, etc.). I haven't been keeping up with his more recent leaks so as to keep things exciting for myself (and to avoid getting my hopes up for anything in particular too much lol), but the initial ones included a Donkey Kong game (perhaps the one that's been rumored for a decent while now, and is supposedly being worked on by the Odyssey devs?) and an F-Zero game of some kind (which he denied having anything to do with NSO when people started pushing that theory after his initial posts).

There's also the annual rumors pertaining to Metroid Prime 2 and 3 ports/remasters, in addition to The Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD ports. None of those seemed too likely after years of these rumors existing with nothing to show for it, but with Metroid Prime Remastered now released the possibility of some of those other games getting ported as well has increased significantly. We also now know that they had been sitting on that game since around when the Metroid Prime Trilogy HD rumors first started, implying that rumor might've always been true (albeit just not entirely accurate in the sense that the three games weren't going to be released together, but instead individually). This would've also been around the same time the Zelda port rumors started, which - if nothing else - is rather interestingly coincidental.

There's also been rumors of there being remasters of both F-Zero GX (maybe this is what the above leaker is talking about?) and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (I'd say it'd be too early to see or hear anything about this one given the Super Mario RPG remake, but I could see the latter being a jumping-off point for the former), which I think are still plausible as well given the love Nintendo's been giving the GameCube's library recently. That said, I just don't think we'll see these two here (unless the two F-Zero leaks/rumors are referring to the same thing, anyway). Seeing at least one of the Metroid Prime and/or Zelda remasters is a bit more likely, I'd wager (I recall another big leaker said we are getting something Zelda-related later this year that has nothing to do with TOTK - which we now know isn't getting DLC - or NSO, so there's that).

I'm sure more has been leaked, but that's all I can remember off of the top of my head for now.

Obviously all of this should be taken with a massive grain of salt. :P I think the first leaks I mentioned are pretty likely, however.

Edited by Zephrese

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

Think the people who are expecting a new console announcement are deluded. It would be its own thing and, since the rumors are late next year, not thinking they would this soon.

The rumors have been jumping back and forth, with some saying early next year and others saying late next year. That said, I don't expect to hear much of anything regarding Nintendo's next console here either because - as you said - it'd likely be shown off in its own little presentation or something along those lines. I could see them potentially having a brief segment where they give us a code name for the next console, but even then I doubt it.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

I hope they show more Super Mario RPG and Dragon Quest Monsters tomorrow. Anything else is just gravy. Unsure if they will show the latter with TGS around the corner, though.

I'm very excited about the new Dragon Quest Dark Prince game. Dragon Quest Infinite Strash also coming to PS5 in a few weeks. Exciting time to be a DQ fan!

Edited by TheStark700
  • Like 2

Watched the Nintendo Direct. I'm glad Eiyuden Chronicles has a date and Unicorn Overlord looks interesting. And hearing the Forest Maze music in the Super Mario RPG Switch trailer...such nostalgia and it sounds great! Also the Paper Mario: TYD remake was a nice surprise. A bit disappointed no Dragon Quest, but can't have everything.

• Like 3

That Direct was mid as all hell, but there were still a couple of cool things that were shown off (Princess Peach: Showtime looks great!) and I'm really happy to see the rumored Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door remake get announced officially.

No major new games getting announced, while expected, is still pretty disappointing. The Donkey Kong and F-Zero rumors turned out to be true in the sense that both were present, but the games announced feel like an absolute troll on Nintendo's part (especially with F-Zero). No Metroid Prime 4 (let alone Metroid anything, for that matter) or announcement of the rumored Zelda ports is also pretty fucking lame, but I'm also not too surprised by any of that either. 😕

Admittedly I feel like they've focused too much on Mario specifically these last two Directs, but oh well. lol

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

I'm not reading the rest of the posts before I type this out, so I'm likely not covering any new ground, here we go.

We all knew what we wanted from the first trailer. We wanted to hear the remix for Forest Maze and we goddamn got it. It's really nice. Missing some of that baked in SNES Super FX chip goodness, but hey. Now all that's left is the Culex FF4 battle theme and we're set.

Firstly:

waluigi-wah.gif

Now that's out of the way, once again the leaks were right. I'm down for this, Thousand Year Door is amazing.

• Like 4

Hi everyone, been busy these past weeks.

Just saw the Direct and I'm excited for the Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door remake. Never played it but heard lots of good things about it. It's been ages since the last Peach game on DS so the new Princess Peach game looks fun and I'm happy we're getting some non-sports spin-offs. The gameplay is neat with lots of of variety to boot.

F-Zero 99 looks genuinely fun that I might actually subscribe to NSO to give it a shot (wouldn't have killed them to remaster GX though..). The Mario vs. Donkey Kong remake is great since I loved the GBA game (kinda funny that this is a remake of a remake). Mario RPG Remake and Luigi's Mansion 2 HD both look amazing though I'll be sticking to the Wii U VC and 3DS copies, respectively. Gotta save up for Mario Wonder, Detective Pikachu 2, and Sonic Superstars lol. 

All in all, it was an OK Direct. It focused a lot on Mario (no surprise since he's the mascot) and a bunch of remakes, which were good. Though honestly, I'm noticing that almost every company is going crazy for remakes/remasters lately. Didn't expect to see any Zelda news for 2023 after Tears of the Kingdom nor the next-gen Nintendo system since... they're still releasing games for the Switch. Maybe next year?

Also congrats on the cake @Eyjabria, looks good.

• Like 2

When they showed Patissier Peach I was ready to throw money at the screen. Added Princess Peach: Showtime! to my wishlist. Paper Mario TTYD suffered the same fate.

I instantly recognized Unicorn Overlord was a Vanillaware game and it looks interesting. Will be on the lookout to hear more about it.

Detective Pikachu Returns has been on my wishlist since it was first announced and the latest Nintendo Direct didn't make me change my mind about it.

I was expecting to see more about Fantasy Life i. I wonder why it was absent from the Direct.

Trombone Champ I haven't played on PC yet and the new control options looked fun. Might look into that. Also haven't played Dave the Diver yet even though it's gotten Overwhelmingly positive rating on Steam. I think they mentioned there will be a demo available on Switch?

• Like 1

Not much here for me. Seeing the long rumored Paper Mario: The Thousand Year door come true is awesome...as it really shows validity to a lot of these rumors. I'm more inclined to believe the things we don't know about yet. But also because I started this for GameCube after I bought my Wii then I heard about the rumors...so I'll snag this eventually to play it instead. 

Honestly the Princess Peach game was little meh to me...I'll wait and see what people say about it. Mario RPG was already on the wishlist. 

The only other thing that got my attention was the Tomb Raider 1-3 Remaster...but more for the surprise that it was announced first for Nintendo. I'll grab those on PlayStation though. And the Mario Kart 8 Wave 6 was nice to see....I knew it wasn't landing for a few more months though, so it'd close out the year. 

The biggest blow has to be F-Zero though. People have been asking for a new game since the GameCube days, and they give an Online Only, Likely heavily monetized 99 version of it instead. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 2

Now that The Thousand-Year Door remake has been confirmed to be real (after it was leaked a few months ago), I'm now further lead to believe that we're going to continue getting more GameCube re-releases over the coming year or so (perhaps longer than that, even). I expect that - with the previous point in mind - we may very well end up getting official announcements of ports/remasters/remakes of F-Zero GX, the other two Metroid Prime trilogy games, and the two specific Zelda games (The Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD) somewhere down the line in future Nintendo Directs. There certainly appears to be a pattern of Nintendo announcing at least one GameCube re-release per Direct, so I'm willing to bet that we'll see the other two Metroid Prime games get announced next Spring in a similar manner to the Pikmin re-releases. After that I could see F-Zero GX being announced in the Summer, and the Zelda ports being announced in the Winter. Only time will tell, of course.

F-Zero 99 seems to be a bit of a low blow to the F-Zero fanbase right now, but its mere existence also leads me to believe that Nintendo has more planned for F-Zero in the relatively near future. I suppose it'd also make sense to announce the Metroid Prime remasters next year instead so as to put a bit of time between them and the remake of the first game, while also slowly padding out the time left until - and building up hype for when - Metroid Prime 4 finally releases (likely as a cross-gen launch title for the next console). The Zelda ports not being slated for this year might simply be the result of Nintendo generally sticking to a pattern of having at least a singular Zelda title (new, mainline, or otherwise) released every year, which obviously wouldn't work for this year given TOTK was released in May (and they might be limited for what they can do for next year otherwise, especially since we now know that TOTK isn't getting any DLC). Call it copium (as it probably is), but I still feel pretty confident that most - if not all - of these rumors will prove fruitful soon enough.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

TTYD was great to see, it was also nice to see some gameplay revealed for SMRPG as well.  But everything else felt meh, even the princess peach game they were hyping up, and I wish they'd stop padding Pokemon Presents had a lot of that as well.  

I'm not sure if I just missed it but were there no updates on any upcoming N64/GBA releases for NSO? getting pretty ridiculous paying $50 a year with so little updates and not even a party chat system. 

• Like 2