Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

211 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

16 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

True, one of my favorite movies is "Love Guru" with Mike Myers and it was mutually hated by everyone! 🤣

I think it's only a matter of time before all the Nintendo IPs have movies... I mean, they got to be working towards this, right?

n___i___s___p___w__super_smash_bros_movi

Move over MCU. The NCU is coming

• Haha 2

Someone who got the game early recorded the Culex fight and music.

Edit: Video removed, cause Nintendo is the fun police.

They made no changes. Cause that's the point, Culex is a FF boss from a 2D sprite universe. Well done.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Added spoilers tag
  • Like 1

On 11/7/2023 at 8:49 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I love the VAs in all of them. Granted, I like British accents in general so it never once bothered me that they didn't redo it with American VAs. Too funny that Peppa Pig's dad's VA is in Xenoblade. XD

I finished XC1. Great climax to the story. I started Future Connected and though it started a bit slow I'm enjoying it. It helps that towards the end of the main game, I finally have Melia a real chance (due to some boss fight tips) and discovered how cool she is to play as. 

This Ponspector side quest chain is great fun and so funny. I love this kind of side content; it reminds me of the side missions from the Yakuza series, and that's high praise from me. That's my favorite part of that series. 

I can't wait to start XC3 but no rush. I'm digging Future Connected. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I finished XC1. Great climax to the story. I started Future Connected and though it started a bit slow I'm enjoying it. It helps that towards the end of the main game, I finally have Melia a real chance (due to some boss fight tips) and discovered how cool she is to play as. 

This Ponspector side quest chain is great fun and so funny. I love this kind of side content; it reminds me of the side missions from the Yakuza series, and that's high praise from me. That's my favorite part of that series. 

I can't wait to start XC3 but no rush. I'm digging Future Connected. 

Yeah, the main issue with the main game is that you're not really forced to use certain characters, and Melia's pretty difficult to learn how to use when she joins your party because her HP is just so low.

She's actually pretty sick to use (and is a good replacement for Shulk in the Shulk, Reyne, and Sharla combo imo), but definitely takes some time to understand, and I feel like most people do not have any incentive to switch their team up. I tried several different combos, but Shulk, Reyne, and Sharla always seemed the most reliable through the whole game... especially with bosses.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Yeah, the main issue with the main game is that you're not really forced to use certain characters, and Melia's pretty difficult to learn how to use when she joins your party because her HP is just so low.

She's actually pretty sick to use (and is a good replacement for Shulk in the Shulk, Reyne, and Sharla combo imo), but definitely takes some time to understand, and I feel like most people do not have any incentive to switch their team up. I tried several different combos, but Shulk, Reyne, and Sharla always seemed the most reliable through the whole game... especially with bosses.

Yeah the story obviously pushes Shulk, so why would people swap him out? Also, so many party RPGs have a forced main character, it didn't really occur to me to try another party leader. Once I started getting into Melia's playstyle I kept her in the lead for most of the finale, only swapping Shulk back in for the final fight. 

• Like 2

On 11/14/2023 at 12:39 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

but Shulk, Reyne, and Sharla always seemed the most reliable through the whole game... especially with bosses.

While this is true it’s not necessary. Tje further I got into the game the less I needed sharla as healing wasn’t really an issue. She’s actually considered the worst party member because of it 

of course a big part of why I love the xenoblade games is party composition. I’ve done sharla, riki, and melia as an ether based team and it was fun . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JPtheNeurotic said:

While this is true it’s not necessary. Tje further I got into the game the less I needed sharla as healing wasn’t really an issue. She’s actually considered the worst party member because of it 

of course a big part of why I love the xenoblade games is party composition. I’ve done sharla, riki, and melia as an ether based team and it was fun . 

Tbf, I was underleveled through most of XC1 so I always felt like I needed a reliable healer. The final boss was around level 80 and I was in the low 70s when I beat him so healing was definitely necessary for me.

I am not saying it's the best combo either... but I do think it's the easiest to execute though as it enables you to just go wild with Shulk while the AI does their thing.

I do plan on playing through it again at some point on Expert mode and am going to try and use Melia as playing through Future Connected made me realize how good she could work on certain compositions. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

am not saying it's the best combo either... but I do think it's the easiest to execute though as it enables you to just go wild with Shulk while the AI does their thing.

Oh absolutely. And wasn’t me saying it’s wrong to use her but you can def opt her out once you get used to the game . It was hard for me at first because it’s like , no healer ??? But I was running shulk dunban and reyn at the marsh and was surprised how effective it was .

bur if you’re struggling sharla is perfectly fine .

(I still need to beat XENOLBADE 3)

• Like 2

On 11/16/2023 at 8:37 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Tbf, I was underleveled through most of XC1 so I always felt like I needed a reliable healer. The final boss was around level 80 and I was in the low 70s when I beat him so healing was definitely necessary for me.

I am not saying it's the best combo either... but I do think it's the easiest to execute though as it enables you to just go wild with Shulk while the AI does their thing.

I do plan on playing through it again at some point on Expert mode and am going to try and use Melia as playing through Future Connected made me realize how good she could work on certain compositions. 

Yeah I kept Sharla in my party the whole time. The past 15 years of playing JRPGs have taught me I always need to have a healer. :)

Anyway I finished Future Connected. I had to go to Casual Mode for the two "boss fight" side quests. I enjoyed the side quests here more than in the base game - having far fewer helped, and several of them had decent stories as well.

I started XC3 and the tone feels less "anime" than either XC1 or XC2 so far. It's more serious than I was expecting but I'll keep playing. The characters are starting to shape up and the gameplay is great as usual.

• Like 3

I started Super Mario Bros. Wonder today and got to World 3 I think. I really liked when the piranha plants started singing! Another fun surprise was monstrously tall Peach. I appreciate the detailed animations on the characters (especially crawling elephant Toad looked great).

There was one annoying bonus level where I had to find invisible blocks that reveal 5 collectibles. Had to look up a video guide when I couldn't find the last collectible. I got a bit irritated because I was sleepy and it felt like a waste of time to just randomly jump around. I hope there won't be more of that kind of levels.

Next I'll be heading to bed and will continue Octopath Traveler II. I finished Osvald's chapter 4 last night and it was an intereresting turn of events. I was a bit confused to find out some characters have more than 4 story chapters because I'm pretty sure Castti had only 4 chapters.

Are any of you getting something from the Black Friday eShop sales? I'm tempted to get Piofiore: Episodio 1926 as it's 30% off. I was hoping to see Radiant Tale discounted but that didn't happen yet.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

https://x.com/nintendoamerica/status/1727140599243911246?s=46&t=EHTY88eMXIaMBW2YLFA8Vg

wish this would come up like it did before, but Nintendo just confirmed that Jet Force Gemini’s coming to the Nintendo Switch Online this December!! 

Good! I was thinking they were done with N64 releases for the year since they already released all the announced games so there's really nothing else we are waiting (other than Banjo Tooie that was never announced, but was shown in a Nintendo Direct last December, grrr).

I really do hope they release Banjo Tooie for my own personal joy along with Blast Corps (which I'm not personally interested in, but has a weird culture following). I also keep hoping and crossing my fingers for Mischief Makers, since it was made by Treasure, the same people as Sins and Punishment. Though, playing that on anything other than a N64 controller would probably be hell. Lol.

• Like 3

Beat Bomb Rush Cyberfunk the other day and it was fun. Probably the closest game to Jet Set Radio there is since it looks and sounds like it. It was disappointing that it always crashed at the end of every chapter though.

Also picked up both Detective Pikachu Returns and Super Mario RPG during Balck Friday at nice discounts. I wanted to play the original Super Mario RPG first but seeing as a lot here were hyped up for it. It made me excited to finally give it a go.

I'm playing Detective Pikachu at the moment and it's good. Not much has changed from the 3DS game but I'm enjoying the cases so far.

• Like 4

Started playing Ori and the Blind Forrest.

It's a bit slow going early on gameplay wise...you really need to upgrade Ori before a lot of the more fun and fluent platforming comes into play, you can tell the game is really easing you in to the crazier abilities. But the game is pure ambiance...great music, very chill atmosphere for most of it (enemies make it feel hectic), and the story pulls at the heart strings right from the opening. It's a little difficult too...you really need to make use of saving, because that depends on how much you have to clean up if (when) you die. 

Why did PlayStation never get this? I feel like the Plat would be pretty challenging. 

• Like 2

On 11/19/2023 at 9:59 PM, Eyjabria said:

*snip*

Next I'll be heading to bed and will continue Octopath Traveler II. I finished Osvald's chapter 4 last night and it was an intereresting turn of events. I was a bit confused to find out some characters have more than 4 story chapters because I'm pretty sure Castti had only 4 chapters.

Are any of you getting something from the Black Friday eShop sales? I'm tempted to get Piofiore: Episodio 1926 as it's 30% off. I was hoping to see Radiant Tale discounted but that didn't happen yet.

Oh no! Spoilers for me re: Osvald. Well, it's my own fault; I should've finished his story by now. I only bought Monster Hunter Stories 2. Running low on funds 'cause I bought some big items this year and a lot more physical Nintendo games that I never intended to buy. hehe

• Like 2