Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

214 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

Neww poll is up....

My answers:

Games I'm likely to get day one are:

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Kirby Star Allies, Metroid Prime 4, Nintendo Labo - Variety Kit, Pokémon and Yoshi.

I'm in doubt about a couple of these but I'll probably cave, especially if I manage to keep my backlog down.

Games I'd like to see sequels/ports to:

I'd like to see a port or sequel of 3D World, and I'd like to see sequels to Smash and Party. I couldn't name them because they already have a sequel (either released or upcoming) but I wouldn't mind seeing ports of the Wii U's Zelda games, Yoshi's Woolly World, and Kirby's Wii U title Rainbow Curse or Wii title Epic Yarn.

My most played game has been played 60-70 hours and it's either The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild or Stardew Valley - both of these I've played in between 65 and 70 hours, according to my Switch.

These were the final results for the last poll:

ipwT3TFl.jpg

59 minutes ago, Cool Rick said:

Games I'm likely to get day one are:

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Kirby Star Allies, Metroid Prime 4, Nintendo Labo - Variety Kit, Pokémon and Yoshi.

I'm in doubt about a couple of these but I'll probably cave, especially if I manage to keep my backlog down.

Games I'd like to see sequels/ports to:

I'd like to see a port or sequel of 3D World, and I'd like to see sequels to Smash and Party. I couldn't name them because they already have a sequel (either released or upcoming) but I wouldn't mind seeing ports of the Wii U's Zelda games, Yoshi's Woolly World, and Kirby's Wii U title Rainbow Curse or Wii title Epic Yarn.

My most played game has been played 60-70 hours and it's either The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild or Stardew Valley - both of these I've played in between 65 and 70 hours, according to my Switch.

Me for day one: None of them. Metroid MAYBE, and only if the trilogy gets a re-release, with a price akin to the current price on Wii U ($26), and I like and finish all three, before this one comes out

Me for desired sequels: NSMB, 3D Mario. Fancy that, I have a Nintendo and I want more Mario games.

Most hours: Still 30 something on NBA Playgrounds. Gear.Club is coming up on 20 though, and it'll probably be the first to dethrone NBA.

Also, you're 100% on not even bothering with Oh Sir for free? Like, I got points expiring in March, I gotta get something or else it's lost money. Also Space Dave is finally out here, the second it goes on sale, I'll be using the rest of my gold coins to grab that. I'll have just under 1100 when the new system kicks in, and the game itself is 10 or so already, so throw that on sale and my leftover change after whatever I get in March with the expiring coins, can pay for Dave.

6 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Also, you're 100% on not even bothering with Oh Sir for free? Like, I got points expiring in March, I gotta get something or else it's lost money. Also Space Dave is finally out here, the second it goes on sale, I'll be using the rest of my gold coins to grab that. I'll have just under 1100 when the new system kicks in, and the game itself is 10 or so already, so throw that on sale and my leftover change after whatever I get in March with the expiring coins, can pay for Dave.

But it's not for free, as you could also use the coins for a discount on a different game. There's so many awesome games on the Switch you haven't tried yet, it would be a shame to spend the coins on Oh Sir simply because that's the one cheap enough to be nought completely with coins.

Well I've finally put in over 100 hours into Skyrim and I still haven't completed the main game. It has dethroned Zelda as my most played Switch game. 

Bayonetta is released today (did anybody pick it up?) but i think I will hold off getting it for now. There are no major Switch releases in March or April that intetest me. I think the next one is Mario Tennis in May. Plenty of time to complete Skyrim and purchase Bayonetta ?

1 minute ago, Miles_Warren said:

Well I've finally put in over 100 hours into Skyrim and I still haven't completed the main game. It has dethroned Zelda as my most played Switch game. 

Bayonetta is released today (did anybody pick it up?) but i think I will hold off getting it for now. There are no major Switch releases in March or April that intetest me. I think the next one is Mario Tennis in May. Plenty of time to complete Skyrim and purchase Bayonetta 1f601.png

I have Bayonetta 2 retail waiting for me when I get home from work. That said, I'll probably wait a few days to start it, since I am in the middle of a few games at the moment.

Day one for me will be Kirby, DKC Tropical Freeze, and Yoshi. Pokémon is a maybe. Labo will be a Christmas thing. Interested in others, just not in a rush.

Ports / sequels I’d most love to see:

Smash Wii U (port with better menus, Smash Run, at least one new character, all 3DS stages, and stage hazard customization)

Mario Maker (sequel with slopes, Mario Land 1 and 2 themes, Nintendo and special guest designer weekly challenges)

Captain Toad (port with levels reworked without Wii U features, new ones to replace what couldn’t be easily changed, and an equally lengthy co-op mode with its own specific levels)

More Captain Toad (sequelish again but ... a Zelda inspired diorama, so The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Trackers or something. Captain Toad meets Four Swords Adventures!)

Mario 3D World (port with Rosalina available at the start and new Yoshi-specific levels to replace and add to the Captain Toad stuff that really only made sense on the Wii U Gamepad)

Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD (just to have them again, hope they return the Tingle Triforce piece missions as an option though)

Over 20 hours in Mario Odyssey, everything else is under 5.

Still haven't decided if my resolution of not buying any new-new games in 2018 (not counting limited releases that I cannot get otherwise) should extend to Switch ports of older games.  A Switch port is a new release, yes... but a new game?  Not so much.  Once I start letting technicalities slip by though, I might as well just drop it altogether. xD

If so, I guess I'm not getting anything.

If not, DKC Tropical Freeze is a day one for me.  And Owlboy (physical cartridge).  And Hollow Knight (hopefully on cartridge).

The Yoshi game has potential too.

Edited by Dreakon13

Loved the new Nintendo Labo trailers which show they are versatile kits instead of just "expensive cardboard".

About the new poll...

1. What I'm definitely getting at launch is the new Fire Emblem title and probably the Nintendo Labo Variety Kit.

2. Not really interested in the Wii U ports in the poll. I could buy any of those games for Wii U (for cheap) if I wanted them or I already have some of them.

3. Yes, I'm that one crazy person who picked the option of "over 200 hours". The game was Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in case you're wondering.

Bought Bayonetta 2 on Friday and finished it Sunday morning. What a game! It's just pure joy from beginning to end, even better than the first.

What I haven't figured out yet was how to start Infinity Climax difficulty. On chapter select it will only let me choose between easy, normal and hard.

Really glad that they are re-releasing most Wii U games again on Switch. I hope we'll also get Super Mario 3D World and Captain Toad eventually. ?

https://www.dualshockers.com/mega-man-legacy-collection-1-2-bundle-switch-confirmed/

Mega Man Legacy Collection 1-2 bundle coming to the Switch on May 22nd.

Another instance of one half being on a cartridge (Legacy Collection 1, Mega Man 1-6) and the other half being digital (Legacy Collection 2, Mega Man 7-10).  Like Bayonetta was.  I get why they do it... since it basically chokes the secondhand market with used copies only having half the product, so people have to buy new... but it makes me a little salty as someone who actually wants physical copies of the games.

I'm on board with the idea though.  The whole numbered (non-X) Mega Man series on the Switch?  Yes please.

Edited by Dreakon13

2 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

https://www.dualshockers.com/mega-man-legacy-collection-1-2-bundle-switch-confirmed/

Another instance of one half being on a cartridge (Legacy Collection 1, Mega Man 1-6) and the other half being digital (Legacy Collection 2, Mega Man 7-10).  Like Bayonetta was.  I get why they do it... since it basically chokes the secondhand market with used copies only having half the product, so people have to buy new... but it makes me a little salty as someone who actually wants physical copies of the games.

I'm on board with the idea though.  The whole numbered (non-X) Mega Man series on the Switch?  Yes please.

I hope I can still buy the second half for $20 or so. I have LC1 on my 3DS and don't want to re-purchase those games. 

31 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I hope I can still buy the second half for $20 or so. I have LC1 on my 3DS and don't want to re-purchase those games. 

I'm guessing that if you can't get the Legacy Collections individually through the eShop... you'd be able to find people selling the digital code for the other half on eBay.  If you're comfortable with that sort of thing.

Edited by Dreakon13

17 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

That sounded great until you mentioned that it's split in two games, and one is a code. Would have bought it if it really was one complete collection on cartridge, but not like this. I prefer getting games digitally on PC and PSN, but I still don't trust Nintendo with their store after losing all my WII VC games.

Has anyone of you bought the Seiken Densetsu collection and can say anything about it? I mostly want to get it for Secret of Mana and because the cover is so beautiful.

BnHp4g9.jpg

I don't have time to do a full thing right now, but if you've not tried Mario + Rabbids, or at the very least, given it a thought, then remedy that now.

It's a blast to play, and one of the most fun Mario games I've played yet. And that's coming from someone who loves Rayman and despises what the Rabbids have spun off into. 

Really fun game, challenging at times too, but just really fun. It's proper good when you have Mario, Luigi, and one of those Rabbid things, and for 66% of your moves you forget you're playing a Rabbids game. Of course, when I finally clicked that I'm playing a game in which I murder these things, I started to dig it. Anyway, here's a sweet ass GIF I made. Bye.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I don't have time to do a full thing right now, but if you've not tried Mario + Rabbids, or at the very least, given it a thought, then remedy that now.

Nice. It's a great game, and I need to go back and finish it.

Personally I've gotten sucked into LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2. For whatever reason I find the Star Wars and Marvel/DC LEGO games more enjoyable than the others.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

4 hours ago, soniq said:

Has anyone of you bought the Seiken Densetsu collection and can say anything about it? I mostly want to get it for Secret of Mana and because the cover is so beautiful.

I haven't bought it or anything... but you've piqued my curiosity enough to look into it.  I'd much prefer to play the original Secret of Mana on the Switch, versus this PS4 remake I picked up recently.  Unfortunately from what I'm reading, it doesn't seem like that collection has an English option... which is a deal breaker for me.  Otherwise people seem to be enjoying it.

21 minutes ago, Chris-1341890 said:

Do u think Nintendo will ever do an achievement or trophy system for the switch like sone and Xbox ?? I kinda hope they do 

I hope they don't. I like my Nintendo games without commitment :P Imagine "Collect all Korok seeds" :hmm:

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

For whatever reason I find the Star Wars and Marvel/DC LEGO games more enjoyable than the others.

At least with the comics, I think it has something to do with the powers making sense. It makes free play so much easier if I know who to switch to (I couldn't learn which dwarf did what in the Hobbit). You can set up such a variety of puzzles as a result too. Also the comic ones have their own stories which I like a bit more.

1 hour ago, Captain Anura said:

At least with the comics, I think it has something to do with the powers making sense. It makes free play so much easier if I know who to switch to (I couldn't learn which dwarf did what in the Hobbit). You can set up such a variety of puzzles as a result too. Also the comic ones have their own stories which I like a bit more.

I don't know the comics well enough beyond simple stuff - like the fact that Superman can fly, and Spiderman should be able to throw webshots and swing around. It's probably more helpful for comics fans though.

I think your second point is more applicable to me. I loved LEGO City Undercover and LEGO Dimensions, which combined with the Marvel/DC games all have their own stories. LEGO Marvel's Avengers, which stuck mostly to the MCU movie plots, was definitely my least favorite of all of the DC/Marvel LEGO games.

1 hour ago, Captain Anura said:

I hope they don't. I like my Nintendo games without commitment :P Imagine "Collect all Korok seeds" :hmm:

Ditto. I mean, it doesn't hurt me for others to get achievements since I can just ignore them... but I'd rather Nintendo focus on stuff that actually affects gameplay. Besides, games can always implement in-game achievements, which many of them do.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

15 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

Unfortunately from what I'm reading, it doesn't seem like that collection has an English option...

That's also what's keeping me from buying it. Would be nice to have though.

I wish Square Enix would have put the money from the development of the PS4 remake into localizing this collection and porting it to all other platforms. :/

I have plenty of games to play elsewhere (just finished up The Evil Within 2; cool game)... but I'm kinda in the mood to go back to the Switch.  Which means I'll probably give Zelda BotW another shot.

Part of me kinda wants to just start over in it, since it's been 6 months or so since I last played it and regardless of how far I was in it, or how easy/hard it'd be to get back into... it feels like the right thing to do.  That's kind of what bugs me about the game though.  It's too darn open world.  I honestly couldn't tell you where I am in my last save, how far I've gotten, what I've accomplished.  The "quests" or whatever, even the ones considered the main story, are incredibly open ended.  Other than the odd memorable puzzle in a shrine or something, it all kinda just blends together.  Maybe that's good for some people, but it definitely rubs me the wrong way.  Thankfully, the gameplay itself shines (weapon durability aside, ugh).  So maybe that'll carry me through this time.

I don't think I have more than 8-10 hours in it at this point (probably less if you only count time spent actually doing something and not just running around aimlessly)... so I don't think I'll lose anything worthwhile as I start over.

Edited by Dreakon13