Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

39 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

PPS. As long as we're cutting out physical copies and harmful, toxic, materials and don't mind going a bit off topic, Last Jedi is out on Blu Ray now and I wouldn't give that thing money if you paid me back double.

Wait, you absolutely loathed Star Wars The Last Jedi? I had no idea!

Spoiler

beating.jpg?fit=895,671

I apologize for the inaccuracy of the picture. However, this picture using OT-era Stormtroopers instead of First Order Troopers was the closest match I could find in my 10-second Google Image search.

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 1

At the risk of alerting the ecology police... I just wanted to point out Limited Run Games first Switch release is going to be Thimbleweed Park, set for March 30th.  Vaguely aware of the game, looks interesting albeit not really a genre I'm too into.  Heard good things about it.  Probably pick it up, if not only because it's their first Switch release and it's piqued my curiosity enough.  (Also going to be available on PS4.)

https://limitedrungames.com/blogs/news/announcing-thimbleweed-park

MockUp_ThimbleweedPark_Switch_medium.png

Edited by Dreakon13

2 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

EDIT: Nevermind.

Trying to think of a way to argue this that isn't just me coming across like an asshole.  Frankly, I do that too much as it is and I never feel good about it.  Appreciate, and respect your efforts @Riq IV.  I won't be practicing what you preach in regards to games (I like your other ideas), but I'm glad you feel you've found your own way to help the situation.

I have my opinions on what's good for the earth but I hate environmentalist preaching; I'm not perfect myself so I can't preach to others. If I came across like I intended, I was only sharing how I felt in the hopes that others might be persuaded to feel like doing something too, I didn't mean to look like I was looking down on others.

On people who throw away trash onto the streets or in nature I look down for sure, but not for people who buy physical games when they cpuld buy digitally.

2 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Cool. Makes sense. Anyway, I'll take any savings I can get. I figure I'll spend mine as soon as I see a game I'm interested in.

Holler if you want recommendations, I forgot which games you already had.

2 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Yeah, we have to start somewhere and everyone has to decide what is realistic for them.

In terms of meat, my wife has been a vegetarian since before we met, over a decade ago. She got really sick and her doctor told her to stop eating meat, and it worked. I've been a vegetarian for about 4 years, and I went a step further by not eating seafood either. You would not BELIEVE the amount of incredulity I get from most people. If I had a dollar for every time I have heard "oh wow, I could NEVER stop eating meat in a million years!", I'd be a rich man. I always explain that when I was growing up, my parents lived on a really tight budget and so we only ate meat once or twice a week. We eat spaghetti and lasagna without meat. When I tell people this, once again they look at me like I'm a Martian. I guess everyone has certain things they can't comprehend giving up. For me, it's dairy. I love milk, cheese, and ice cream.

Anyway, as I'm sure you know, meat production is only one problematic area; I'm sure some of the stuff I eat isn't much better. But it's a start at least.

Yeah there's loadsof issues. Little steps, do what youfeel is possible without burning down. Personally, I'm starting to become uncomfortable with where I buy my clothes, but where to buy environmentally friendly clothes is something less obvious to me (yeah yeah, thrift shop, but I don't feel like that's an option for me, at least not now).

1 hour ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

@Riq IV I just read through this page and all your stuff and, 

What the fuck is biological meat?

Perhaps a mistranslation on my part. It's meat from animals that weren't cramped together in mega stables but are allowed to walk freely in fields for a given period of the year. There's different gradiations, for instance some farmers don't even use synthetic medicines.

PS. I wish I had the money to casually take a weekend trip all over the place, or fly international at all, or really do anything cool like that. As for meat, I never really ate too much anyway, it's expensive as hell here, I will grab the odd kebab or something when I'm out and someone's doing a good deal though. As for physical games, yeah, there's benefits to digital obviously, but like, if Nintendo want 90 bucks for a game digitally that I can get for 60 in a shiny physical case, that doesn't require me to eventually shell out a bunch more money for a bigger memory card, well, that's just too big of a number, I gotta buy my games cheap, or I gotta find another hobby really. Though if I ran the numbers, I have maybe a couple hundred games on disc nowadays, compared to literal thousands digitally across all my consoles, so percentage wise I'm alright.

Yeah if you live in Europe it's much easier to go to a different country than if you live in the USA or in Australia.

I've only been outside of Europe twice though.

Yeah if there's a big advantage to physical... Personally I still enjoy collector's editions with a nice statuette. And yeah there's a price difference once games have been released for a while.

PPS. As long as we're cutting out physical copies and harmful, toxic, materials and don't mind going a bit off topic, Last Jedi is out on Blu Ray now and I wouldn't give that thing money if you paid me back double.

I already pre-ordered it,going to watch it as soon as it's out here (a month from now).

PPPS. Damn that deleted scene with Finn and Phasma was so much better than the crap we got in the final thing.

Don't know the deleted scene, but I loved the one that was in the movie, all I'll complain about is that it was too short and should have gone on as long as the lightsaber battle with Kylo-Rey.

PPPPS. I genuinely don't know what biological meat is, please tell.

See above.

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Wait, you absolutely loathed Star Wars The Last Jedi? I had no idea!

Reveal hidden contents

beating.jpg?fit=895,671

I apologize for the inaccuracy of the picture. However, this picture using OT-era Stormtroopers instead of First Order Troopers was the closest match I could find in my 10-second Google Image search.

I have around ten First Order troopers in LEGO, and a couple of horses in my "LEGO from thirty years ago" box. I could adjust that picture for you if you want.

55 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

At the risk of alerting the ecology police... I just wanted to point out Limited Run Games first Switch release is going to be Thimbleweed Park, set for March 30th.  Vaguely aware of the game, looks interesting albeit not really a genre I'm too into.  Heard good things about it.  Probably pick it up, if not only because it's their first Switch release and it's piqued my curiosity enough.  (Also going to be available on PS4.)

https://limitedrungames.com/blogs/news/announcing-thimbleweed-park

MockUp_ThimbleweedPark_Switch_medium.png

As stated above, my opinion on digital v retail is not what I'll judge others on.

Thimbleweed Park is a cool game, I bought it on release onthe Switch. If you're into selling games after you're done, it might be worth buying retail since there's not much replay value in a point and click game.

Personally, that's still the games I buy retail- on the one hand, the games that I'll play through only once (Mario + Rabbids) and on the other hand games with a cool collector's statuette or art book that I want (... Mario + Rabbids).

Mario + Rabbids is the only Switch game I've bought retail since Zelda, and looking back now I would have bought Zelda digitally if I had my mindset from now. Then again, thanks to Nintendo stock being what it is I was able to easily sell it on so I've now played Zelda for €5-€10, I forget which.

40 minutes ago, Riq IV said:

Thimbleweed Park is a cool game, I bought it on release onthe Switch. If you're into selling games after you're done, it might be worth buying retail since there's not much replay value in a point and click game.

I wouldn't say replay-ability is really a factor when it comes to collecting for me.  If I like a game enough, I'll keep it regardless.  If it's something I'll be itching to play again in a few months or years, that's just gravy.  Really just boils down to rarity/value and how much I like a game.

LRG releases can fall into a weird middle ground with me for that reason.  They scratch the collector's itch for sure, but they're typically games I haven't gotten to trying yet and if it seems like something I'd want, it's a small window to pull the trigger.

EDIT: Of course, if I end up not liking it, I have the luxury of re-selling for possibly more than I paid for it (especially if I'm smart and get some of these games dirt cheap on Steam/PC to try them before I open the LRG copy).  So I don't sweat the details too much.

Edited by Dreakon13

EfbBIDj.jpg

Looks like the Nintendo Direct announcement of Undertale coming to Switch was a precursor for official Switch support from GameMaker Studio after all! I know this was stated as a reason for Undertale not coming to Switch around the time of its PlayStation announcement / release initially, and other devs have made similar comments, so this is fantastic news to see things starting to reverse.

I’m hoping to see more announcements before too long of GameMaker Studio games heading to Switch. Ports of great games that use the engine like Downwell, Hyper Light Drifter, Rivals of Aether, Nidhogg + Nidhogg II, Risk of Rain, Gunpoint, and Wuppo would be amazing on Switch. And it definitely opens the gate to developers using GMS already on new projects too, which is always exciting!

(announcement source: https://www.yoyogames.com/blog/462/gamemaker-studio-2-to-launch-on-nintendo-switch)

Edited by Zondares

9 minutes ago, Riq IV said:

Yay, Kirby!

Let me know how you enjoy the full game. I have seen several reviews complain that it is not creative enough, but I know you haven't played a Kirby game in a while so your perspective is different.

I still want to play it but I will probably wait for at least a small price drop. I have other Kirby games to play instead.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

5 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Let me know how you enjoy the full game. I have seen several reviews complain that it is not creative enough, but I know you haven't played a Kirby game in a while so your perspective is different.

I still want to play it but I will probably wait for at least a small price drop. I have other Kirby games to play instead.

Yeah I really haven't played through any Kirby platformer since the very first Kirby's Dream Land, and Kirby didn't even have the copy ability back then.

Played the first level with the missus. She didn't like it at all because it was too sugary happy, I thought it was pretty fun though and I'll play on by myself.

As said before, I don't need this to be a difficult game or a game changer. It just needs to be happy and sweet. <(^.^)>

Shoot, there goes my new screen name! @<(^.^)>

Edited by Riq IV

Bought Kirby Star Allies yesterday and we started playing it co-op with my husband. So far we had fun with the game even though it got a bit chaotic at times with 4 playable characters on the screen. The copy abilities and friend combos made me smile and the AI for CPU team mates worked really well. The minigames (hitting a meteor back to space with a baseball bat and the wood chopping contest) were a hit. Loved the HD rumble when Kirby had inhaled something and he was running with a full tummy. :D

I didn't understand what Artist Kirby's Still Life skill does. Anyone have any idea?

tumblr_p5qbaeZmc01tyw21qo1_1280.jpg

On 3/16/2018 at 7:51 PM, Zondares said:

Looks like the Nintendo Direct announcement of Undertale coming to Switch was a precursor for official Switch support from GameMaker Studio after all! I know this was stated as a reason for Undertale not coming to Switch around the time of its PlayStation announcement / release initially, and other devs have made similar comments, so this is fantastic news to see things starting to reverse.

I’m hoping to see more announcements before too long of GameMaker Studio games heading to Switch. Ports of great games that use the engine like Downwell, Hyper Light Drifter, Rivals of Aether, Nidhogg + Nidhogg II, Risk of Rain, Gunpoint, and Wuppo would be amazing on Switch. And it definitely opens the gate to developers using GMS already on new projects too, which is always exciting!

(announcement source: https://www.yoyogames.com/blog/462/gamemaker-studio-2-to-launch-on-nintendo-switch)

Already been known for a bit, but outside of Hotline Miami I can't think of any GM games I would rebuy tbh.

I should put my own shitty games up for sale on the Switch. Charge a dollar or two and hopefully make a bit off simply being the cheapest game available. They're basic, but they run well, which is more than WWE on Switch can say and that thing got put up. 

100%ed the first world of Kirby Star Allies by now and I'm officially loving it. Much more fun than I thought it would be.

There's some really funny stuff in there, like (spoilers for the end of the first world)

Spoiler

The game deciding to run the credits after you beat King Dedede, a meta joke both on Dedede being the final boss several times and the short runtime of a few Kirby games

The music is great, I especially enjoyed the throwback music in the special stage of the first world.

38 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

I didn't understand what Artist Kirby's Still Life skill does. Anyone have any idea?

It creates a fridge that pops out health food. It's a joke on "still life" paintings of fruit bowls.

Edited by Riq IV
typos due to cold fingers

4 minutes ago, Riq IV said:

It creates a fridge that pops out health food. It's a joke on "still life" paintings of fruit bowls.

Ahh, I see! Didn't have time to notice this when things were so hectic. Thanks for the explanation! 
The game has some hilarious stuff like the ending of the first world like you described. 

56 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Already been known for a bit, but outside of Hotline Miami I can't think of any GM games I would rebuy tbh.

I should put my own shitty games up for sale on the Switch. Charge a dollar or two and hopefully make a bit off simply being the cheapest game available. They're basic, but they run well, which is more than WWE on Switch can say and that thing got put up. 

I know there’s a lot of garbage on the eShop, but becoming a Switch developer isn’t as easy as Vroom and the pay-for-F2P-mobile-ports make it seem. You have to pitch to Nintendo somehow or be approached, unlike with Wii U and 3DS where you can legit just sign up and pay for a kit. If you think you have a good enough portfolio, you totally should go for it.

Think it's time to break from Breath of the Wild for a bit.

Great game... but the whole climbing, temperature, getting one-shotted by enemies the further out I go shtick is getting a little tiring.  Was loving it up until the first Divine Beast I tackled.  Then I started aimlessly running around again, stumbled upon a few more interesting new towns/cities/areas, did a few more shrines, briefly worked towards another Divine Beast... and kinda realized I've probably "seen" most of the game at this point.  In the sense that most of what I run into henceforth with be similar things with a different (hotter, colder, wetter, windier) coat of paint.  I'd just see what I could do about wrapping the game up, but considering how easy I die it'd probably just be a frustrating experience.  Not super interested in all the crafting meta that goes into temporarily beefing Link up for such situations.

Problem now is I'm not really tickled by any other games at the moment either.  What to play.  Hmm...

Edited by Dreakon13

9 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

Great game... but the whole climbing, temperature, getting one-shotted by enemies the further out I go shtick is getting a little tiring.  Was loving it up until the first Divine Beast I tackled.  Then I started aimlessly running around again, stumbled upon a few more interesting new towns/cities/areas, did a few more shrines, briefly worked towards another Divine Beast... and kinda realized I've probably "seen" most of the game at this point.  In the sense that most of what I run into henceforth with be similar things with a different (hotter, colder, wetter, windier) coat of paint.  I'd just see what I could do about wrapping the game up, but considering how easy I die it'd probably just be a frustrating experience.  Not super interested in all the crafting meta that goes into temporarily beefing Link up for such situations.

Problem now is I'm not really tickled by any other games at the moment either.  What to play.  Hmm...

KIRBY!

Shame you got tired of Breath Of The Wild, though. I loved it right up to the end. And cooking is not the only way to beef up Link, there's also shrines and clothing.

21 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

20 hours ago, Zondares said:

I know there’s a lot of garbage on the eShop, but becoming a Switch developer isn’t as easy as Vroom and the pay-for-F2P-mobile-ports make it seem. You have to pitch to Nintendo somehow or be approached, unlike with Wii U and 3DS where you can legit just sign up and pay for a kit. If you think you have a good enough portfolio, you totally should go for it.

Seems like I warned @Super-Fly Spider-Guy plenty about Oh Sir, which he wanted to buy simply because it was the cheapest game, but he didn't listen.

There may be some garbage on the eShop, but it's there on PSN as well, and on Steam, and on XBLA... It's your own job to check before you buy, that has become easier and easier now with the internet and its gameplay vids and the likes.

9 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

Too bad you got bored of BotW. Maybe at some point you'll feel like picking up the game again. 

If you're into a good story, fun action RPG gameplay, some humor, superb music and anime style visuals, I recommend Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I played it over 220 hours myself (continued with endgame stuff after playing through the story). I hadn't been so excited about a game in years once I got a hang of the battle system. Xenoblade recently got an update that adds a New game+ too.

8 hours ago, Riq IV said:

KIRBY!

We finished Kirby Star Allies story mode and the final boss is quite epic. B) Loving the game even more now.

Now we just need to collect more regular puzzle pieces and we're playing The Ultimate Choice (the survival boss rush mode). Having a lot of fun with it.

2 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

We finished Kirby Star Allies story mode and the final boss is quite epic. B) Loving the game even more now.

Now we just need to collect more regular puzzle pieces and we're playing The Ultimate Choice (the survival boss rush mode). Having a lot of fun with it.

I've got a little ways to go; I'm just in the second world. Might have enough gaming time tonight.

Physical North America copy of Lost Sphear for the Switch is back in stock on (and exclusive to) the official Square Enix store.

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/445163/lost-sphear-nintendo-switch

My understanding is that it went out of stock before and was in fairly high demand (prices on eBay for it are ridiculous).  Might be more of a story for North America since I think other regions have been relatively available.  If you had your eye on a physical copy of the legit NA release (yeah it's region free but still), may want to grab it.  Not sure if the stock is limited or if it's being made to demand.

Edited by Dreakon13

Just finished the third world in Kirby Star Allies.

I think it's a brilliant game so far. Solo play works better than I thought, and it's not too easy as reviewers claim, just nice and casual. I think somewhere along the way people forgot that Kirby was always meant as a light platformer which casual gamers could get through with ease.

The game is loads of fun. It has a lot of variety to prevent the game from becoming boring - in level setup (special mention to the Friend Train move, and the final level of the third world as a fun variation on a boss level), but also in world setup; each world looks so different and world 4 even mixes it all up by opening all regular levels right away.

I've been exploring each world as I enter it, and as such I'm taking a bit longer because I enter all special doors in levels and I unlock all secret levels. Going by completion percentage, I think there's probably six worlds in the story mode, or five at the very least. I'd say eight but I'm guessing that full story completion is not 100% completion, there's two game modes that aren't available yet, one of which is probably a boss rush mode, and I'm guessing these additional two modes need to be completed for 100% completion.

6 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Games speculated to be involved in Nintendo's indie showcase tomorrow:

w3QnuYg.png

Please... just give me a Hollow Knight release date. It's all I want.

Salt and Sanctuary would be goddamn amazing on the Switch too.

Aren't those all ports?

People always ignore stuff like Golf Story. My money's on at least one new exclusive title.

I'm probably getting Hollow Knight myself if the price is right, and it probably should be on @MosesRockefeller's radar as well. 

Looking forward to Shakedown Hawaii more though. I remember when @Super-Fly Spider-Guy and me were hoping to play it in the summer of 2017...

On 3/14/2018 at 7:24 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Genesis / Mega Drive Collection has been leaked as coming to PS4 and Xbone FINALLY.

It's about flippin' time.

3 hours ago, Riq IV said:

Aren't those all ports?

Well, he just said those titles might be involved in the indie showcase. I'm sure there will be some new titles as well.

Edited by starcrunch061

23 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Well, he just said those titles might be involved in the indie showcase. I'm sure there will be some new titles as well.

What I meant more is that always with "rumours", it's never about new IPs but only about games we already know from other consoles.

I know that the Switch is playing catch-up because a lot of games that are already on other platforms work like a charm in handheld mode (I loved Stardew Valley for all 65-70 hours and wouldn't even have gotten a fifth of that playtime on PS4), it's just that personally, I'm not excited about any of these ports, I'm more interested in upcoming games that I can't have played anywhere yet, like Shakedown Hawaii or Runner 3.

Nothing against @Valyrious or his post, just my personal preference about gaming news. I'm sure Spelunky will end up on the Switch as it ends up on everything, it's not what I personally get excited about.

Okay, so technically there's Travis Strikes Again, an actual upcoming game, and an exclusive at that. Seeing as it's a bit big to be called "indie" (it has a publisher behind it that doesn't seem to be exclusively indie either), and seeing as the title has already been on the last Direct makes me seriously doubt that it would be on the Nindie showcase though.

Checked the titles I didn't know and apparently of those titles, a couple are actually unreleased games, like Flipping Death and Moonlighter.

4 hours ago, Riq IV said:

I'm probably getting Hollow Knight myself if the price is right, and it probably should be on @MosesRockefeller's radar as well.

Hollow Knight has been on my radar for several months now, but thanks for the heads up. I'm looking forward to it.

People always ignore stuff like Golf Story. My money's on at least one new exclusive title.

I agree, that seems like a safe bet.

11 minutes ago, Riq IV said:

Okay, so technically there's Travis Strikes Again, an actual upcoming game, and an exclusive at that. Seeing as it's a bit big to be called "indie" (it has a publisher behind it that doesn't seem to be exclusively indie either), and seeing as the title has already been on the last Direct makes me seriously doubt that it would be on the Nindie showcase though.

Suda51, the developer of Travis Strikes Again, has called it an indie game in every interview he has done (and he loves talking about his games, so he's done quite a few of them). Whether it truly qualifies is up for debate, but I think he considers it "indie" because it appears to be scaled way back from his typical big-budget games (and it has visual tie-ins to indie developers). I think it could very well make an appearance on the Nindie Showcase.

11 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Games speculated to be involved in Nintendo's indie showcase tomorrow:

Spoiler

w3QnuYg.png

That's a decent list of games. Terraria, Hotline Miami, Salt and Sanctuary, and Hyper Light Drifter are all games I've played. Terraria was the only one I really loved, but the others are pretty popular, and solid choices for the Switch. Terraria was one of the last games I played on PC before moving to consoles. I doubt I'll get into it again, but I'd love to see a sequel or that Starbound game (which STILL isn't out on PS4, despite being announced pretty much when the PS4 first came out).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the video. There should be at least a few games for me to get excited about.

Just finished the third world in Kirby Star Allies.

I think it's a brilliant game so far. Solo play works better than I thought, and it's not too easy as reviewers claim, just nice and casual. I think somewhere along the way people forgot that Kirby was always meant as a light platformer which casual gamers could get through with ease.

The game is loads of fun. It has a lot of variety to prevent the game from becoming boring - in level setup (special mention to the Friend Train move, and the final level of the third world as a fun variation on a boss level), but also in world setup; each world looks so different and world 4 even mixes it all up by opening all regular levels right away.

I've been exploring each world as I enter it, and as such I'm taking a bit longer because I enter all special doors in levels and I unlock all secret levels. Going by completion percentage, I think there's probably six worlds in the story mode, or five at the very least. I'd say eight but I'm guessing that full story completion is not 100% completion, there's two game modes that aren't available yet, one of which is probably a boss rush mode, and I'm guessing these additional two modes need to be completed for 100% completion.

Nice. It sounds like the game will be right up my alley when I finally get around to getting it. I suspect that the reviewers who called it too easy didn't go for any collectibles or secrets, and are probably the same group of people who compare anything remotely difficult to Dark Souls because it's trendy, and call everything else too easy (e.g. several reviews of Super Mario Odyssey). Gaming is big enough to encompass a diverse set of difficulties and styles. Not everything needs to be a "gaming phenomenon" like Dark Souls and Overwatch. Come to think of it, those games hardly ever interest me...

42 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Suda51, the developer of Travis Strikes Again, has called it an indie game in every interview he has done (and he loves talking about his games, so he's done quite a few of them). Whether it truly qualifies is up for debate, but I think he considers it "indie" because it appears to be scaled way back from his typical big-budget games (and it has visual tie-ins to indie developers). I think it could very well make an appearance on the Nindie Showcase.

Trump calls himself a stable genius, that doesn't make it true.

Strikes Again is definitely smaller than Suda51's usual games though. I guess his usual games kind of fit the bill for independent AAA like we talked about in a different thread, just like Witcher III and Elite: Dangerous and Hellblade. Independents with a bigger budget. The publisher for his games seems small enough to count.

I am willing to bet Travis Strikes Again won't be on the showcase; there's enough games to show and Travis Strikes Again has already been shown on the Direct from less than two weeks ago.

That's a decent list of games. Terraria, Hotline Miami, Salt and Sanctuary, and Hyper Light Drifter are all games I've played. Terraria was the only one I really loved, but the others are pretty popular, and solid choices for the Switch. Terraria was one of the last games I played on PC before moving to consoles. I doubt I'll get into it again, but I'd love to see a sequel or that Starbound game (which STILL isn't out on PS4, despite being announced pretty much when the PS4 first came out).

I never tried Terraria, I might on the Switch though. But I'm not playing Minecraft, and that's final.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the video. There should be at least a few games for me to get excited about.

Do we know a time, perchance?

Seems it's 9AM PT, which means 1700 for me. Cool.

Nice. It sounds like the game will be right up my alley when I finally get around to getting it. I suspect that the reviewers who called it too easy didn't go for any collectibles or secrets, and are probably the same group of people who compare anything remotely difficult to Dark Souls because it's trendy, and call everything else too easy (e.g. several reviews of Super Mario Odyssey). Gaming is big enough to encompass a diverse set of difficulties and styles. Not everything needs to be a "gaming phenomenon" like Dark Souls and Overwatch. Come to think of it, those games hardly ever interest me...

Yeah I'm not listening to reviewers at all any more. Bunch of wannabe millennial bloggers, the lot of them. I'm doing a lot more research myself these days, and thanks to having a bit of disposable income I'm prepared to take a chance or two. These days, an appealing few seconds of gameplay vids and an absence of people yelling it's broken might be enough for me.