Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

23 minutes ago, The Spark said:

You'll love the game throughout then, it's soo stupidly silly.

Nice.

Spoiler

Maybe I'm easy to please, but an early favorite was when the "virtual" golf student says he's too good to accidentally hit his cheating scorekeeper. I saw what happened next coming a mile away, but it wasn't any less funny when the student beaned the guy with the golf ball.

17 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

This is what I think of when they go with the excessive route for HUDs

I have that version of Arkham City, and while it's one of my favorite games of all time, that cover art was very poorly designed. I get that they need to advertise its critical acclaim, but there are much better ways to do that. Hell, even without the ads covering half the picture, the art isn't very good with that weird coloring.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

I have been playing more Golf Story, and I just unlocked the main golf course in the second area, so I assume I'm about to open the third area. So far, the areas are small enough that the lack of an in-game map is not a major issue.

The humor in this game is great. I really wish it had the video record feature enabled though. I was really proud of myself for passing the area 2 "use only the sandtraps and putting green" challenge and wanted to record it. ?

I also love the HD rumble in this game. It plays great in handheld mode but it looks fine even when I'm close to my 55" TV. 16-bit graphics still hold up pretty well in many cases like this. And of course, the main thing is that the golf shooting gameplay is very solid and enjoyable.

If you have a Switch and don't have Golf Story, you need to fix that asap!

• Like 2

I've been working on Assassin's Creed Origins (and some other stuff so I could make the Origins platinum my zeven thousandth trophy) and I've been reading on my way to work so I've had less time for the Switch.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze in a few weeks though!

15 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I have been playing more Golf Story, and I just unlocked the main golf course in the second area, so I assume I'm about to open the third area. So far, the areas are small enough that the lack of an in-game map is not a major issue.

The humor in this game is great. I really wish it had the video record feature enabled though. I was really proud of myself for passing the area 2 "use only the sandtraps and putting green" challenge and wanted to record it. 1f641.png

I also love the HD rumble in this game. It plays great in handheld mode but it looks fine even when I'm close to my 55" TV. 16-bit graphics still hold up pretty well in many cases like this. And of course, the main thing is that the golf shooting gameplay is very solid and enjoyable.

If you have a Switch and don't have Golf Story, you need to fix that asap!

Told you the areas were small enough...

Have you realised yet what very special thing Golf Story does with HD Rumble?

Got 100% Clear to Kirby Star Allies with my husband today. Took us 3 tries to clear the Soul Melter difficulty in the boss rush mode which was the last requirement for completion. In reality we are still missing some puzzle pieces from two puzzles even though the save file states 100% completion. Going to grind out those too. The Ultimate Choice boss rush has some secret and modified bosses at later difficulty levels, which was a nice surprise. 

The game has really good music, there are lots of cool secrets, awesome moments and it’s a really fun and delightful game to play co-op. I recommend looking into Kirby Star Allies if you want a game that puts a smile on your face!

Soul Melter difficulty choice Soul Melter Incredible Victory

100% Clear - Congratulations!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I don't know what you mean, so I guess not. Or I'm just being clueless, which is equally as likely.

Don't look it up online.

Play with your controller separated from the screen.

Hold the controller close to your head.

Hit a ball out of bounds.

On 17/04/2018 at 2:34 PM, gypsymuffin said:

I'm getting Donkey Kong when it comes out on May 4th.

Such a brilliant game!

Haven't played it yet but I only hear people talking positively about it. I've pre-ordered it digitally, sounds kike a game I'll play a couple of times over the years.

In other news, I cancelled on my Labo pre-order for now. So much in my backpog and so many games coming out that I'm also interested in... Labo didn't make the cut.

I'll probably end up preordering Donkey Kong, but it'll kinda depend on how long God of War (PS4) lasts me.  I've been without a good game to really focus on or get excited about for most of the year (Zelda was cool but way too open ended, the enthusiasm to keep going just isn't there).  Considering gaming is the one hobby that I've never really grown out of, and with the winter dragging on FOREVER and keeping me from the outdoors (snow and ice in mid-April ffs)... it's been a pretty slow and uneventful 2018 for my free time thus far.

It'll be nice to have several cool new games in a row coming out here.  Seeing as I'm up at 6AM working basically every morning (including weekends and holidays), put in my 8+ hours from 9ish-5ish, then usually have something work related to think about or do most evenings... my mind could certainly use some desperately sought after distraction.  Been more burnt out and frazzled than usual lately.

In other Switch news... for the collectors out there... Limited Run Games next releases will be Flinthook and Mercenary Kings next Monday (April 23rd) at 10AM EST.  They aren't expected to actually ship until August apparently, but they're made to demand and the ability to purchase them will stay open until May 7th.  So you'll have about two weeks to actually make an order before the opportunity is gone, if interested.

https://limitedrungames.com/products/switch-limited-run-2-mercenary-kings-preorder

https://limitedrungames.com/products/switch-limited-run-2-flinthook-preorder

As well as a collectors edition box including both games above and a bunch of extra goodies.  (This is limited to 3,000 copies however first come first serve.)

https://limitedrungames.com/products/switch-limited-run-1-thimbleweed-park-big-box-edition-preorder

(Apparently they haven't updated the link, the URL says Thimbleweed Park but it'll take you to the new one.)

I'm actually interested in both of these.  Have a feeling I'll be in on most LRG Switch releases until I get tired of it, cant afford it, or until they start getting too obscure with the JRPG's and visual novels like they did with the PS4.

Edited by Dreakon13

6 hours ago, The Spark said:

Haven't played it yet but I only hear people talking positively about it. I've pre-ordered it digitally, sounds kike a game I'll play a couple of times over the years.

In other news, I cancelled on my Labo pre-order for now. So much in my backpog and so many games coming out that I'm also interested in... Labo didn't make the cut.

Enjoy Tropical Freeze.

I have Labo Variety Kit coming on Friday so I'll let you know my impressions. I'm not a super creative type, but at the very least I'll enjoy some bonding time with my 4-year-old daughter.

7 hours ago, The Spark said:

Yeah it is great.  I beat it on Wii U and cant wait to beat it again on switch.

6 hours ago, Schwifty Swifty said:

Dark Souls on Switch got pushed back to summer 2018.

I just got an E-Mail from Amazon.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/17/17246506/dark-souls-remastered-nintendo-switch-release-date-delayed

Yeah, I saw that news. Too bad for the Dark Souls fans, but hopefully the delay will result in a very stable game at launch. The DS series isn't for me but DS1 is definitely an important game in the Switch's library.

This morning I finally managed to push through and beat the world 4-5 midboss in Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle. Sheesh, that 2-part battle was frustrating; it probably took me a dozen attempts to beat and I lost 2 of my 3 party members in the process. After finally beating it though, I gladly accepted my pitiful level score. Maybe now I can finish the game.

On 4/21/2018 at 0:37 AM, MosesRockefeller said:

Hide contents

https://youtu.be/dVzAVLQbSJ0?t=5s

* Immortal Redneck looks really dope and I will be day one-ing that sucked on Switch. 

* Does anyone on here have any experience with Saturday Morning RPG? Looks like it could be nice, thinking about grabbing it when it drops in a couple days.

* Shovel Knight is 40% off permanently for anyone who bought Spectre of Torment, so if you, like me, have that game, you can now upgrade for less.

* I got a Retro Mini a while back and all the GBA nostalgia has kept me from my Switch for almost 2 weeks. Signed in for the first time today to play Pac-Man with Billie.

* Also got this kickass thing as an early birthday prezzie from the missus, which is also keeping me from my Switch

xbo.jpg 

Plus school and work and kid and all that other not game-y stuff I have to do. See you all again in two weeks when I reply next.

We built the Labo RC Car and my daughter had fun with it the first day. She didn't care that much about it driving around, but seeing her feet wiggling around in green infrared on the Switch screen, made me giggle like a maniac. She wants to do the fishing pole next so we'll see how that goes. She didn't help much with the cardboard on the RC Car, but maybe she will this time.

• Like 1

Well, here I am on the cite again since @MosesRockefeller decided to wake me. Might as well mention here what I've been up to.

- going through The Fall 2 at the moment, close to the end I think. Cool game and on much an improvement over the first game.

- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is downloaded and ready for tomorrow. I'll probably go through the game twice - once with my wife, once on my own.  Depends on how much she likes it in which playthrough I'll go for 100% completion.

- Bought Goetia. It's a puzzle game and it's very good according to the reviews. It's cheaper on Switch than its starting price on Steam and had an added starting discount. Haven't played much because I want to finish The Fall 2 first but the graphics and soundtrack seem very good.

On 24/04/2018 at 2:30 PM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Shovel Knight is 40% off permanently for anyone who bought Spectre of Torment, so if you, like me, have that game, you can now upgrade for less.

That's cool that they did that, though something like that should have been there from the start, really.

On 26/04/2018 at 3:50 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

We built the Labo RC Car and my daughter had fun with it the first day. She didn't care that much about it driving around, but seeing her feet wiggling around in green infrared on the Switch screen, made me giggle like a maniac. She wants to do the fishing pole next so we'll see how that goes. She didn't help much with the cardboard on the RC Car, but maybe she will this time.

Let me know if you can share your bike tracks with others. If we can play the tracks of each other, I might get Labo sooner.

Read a really nice interview about how the idea of Nintendo Labo came to be and what kind of obstacles the developers faced during consumer testing and product development. Here's the article for anyone who may be interested. http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2018/April/Nintendo-Labo-developer-interview-Part-1-The-Concept-1363026.html

Currently on my Switch side of life I'm looking forward to hearing news about the Mario Tennis Aces demo session. The release date is slowly crawling closer.

2 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

Read a really nice interview about how the idea of Nintendo Labo came to be and what kind of obstacles the developers faced during consumer testing and product development. Here's the article for anyone who may be interested. http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2018/April/Nintendo-Labo-developer-interview-Part-1-The-Concept-1363026.html

That was a great interview. Reading it a while back was one of the main things that convinced me to get Labo Variety Kit. I'm looking forward to Part 2.

Also, I just noticed you have Aigis in your signature image. I approve! After recently playing P3 (and P4G before that), I'm currently slogging my way through the P4 Arena story mode, but I made sure to play hers early before fatigue set in. Why in the world did they have to split it up into TWELVE repetitive chapters that tell different versions of the same story? I heard that Arena Ultimax just has a single campaign, which seems like an improvement.

3 hours ago, The Spark said:

Let me know if you can share your bike tracks with others. If we can play the tracks of each other, I might get Labo sooner.

Sure thing. So far we have just built the RC Car and the Fishing Rod. Not sure when we'll get to the Motorbike.

3 hours ago, The Spark said:

Well, here I am on the cite again since @MosesRockefeller decided to wake me. Might as well mention here what I've been up to.

Yes, Cthulhu is here! Lay waste to my enemies!

I mean, welcome back. Sorry for disturbing your slumber?

3 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Sure thing. So far we have just built the RC Car and the Fishing Rod. Not sure when we'll get to the Motorbike.

Personally I'm interested in the bike because of the self made tracks (more games need a track editor!) and the piano.

If God Of War is worth enough when I'm done with it (like €50 or so) I might just get Labo right away. Only game in 2018 I'm planning on getting physically is Starlink: Battle For Atlas. And yes, I want it on the Switch with that cool new controller.

3 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Yes, Cthulhu is here! Lay waste to my enemies!

I mean, welcome back. Sorry for disturbing your slumber?

I actually recently bought two (expensive) table games from the Cthulhu mythos: Arkham Horror and Mansions Of Madness. Already played Arkham Horror and it was pretty cool.

I might just change my name to Cthulhu if I remain inactive on the site, cool quip, thanks.

Probably won't get Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze before it releases tomorrow, since I'd rather wrap up God of War (and maybe other stuff) which I'm probably a week or two away from still at my pace... before I dive into another game.  However, I would absolutely enjoy a good platformer right about now... even a "tough as nails" one as I've heard Tropical Freeze referred to.  So I may pull the trigger anyways just to have it when the time comes (it's not like Nintendo games ever really go down in price anyways).

Edited by Dreakon13