What cellphone do you use?

cmgravekeeper

13 minutes ago, Viper said:

Still using a Galaxy S7, I'm on year 5 with this phone and it was already outdated when I got it. I want a new phone...but these flagship phones have gotten out of hand on prices. 

jeez

I got an iPhone 14 pro

59 minutes ago, Viper said:

Still using a Galaxy S7, I'm on year 5 with this phone and it was already outdated when I got it. I want a new phone...but these flagship phones have gotten out of hand on prices. 

Midrange is the way to go. 90% of the features of a flagship for half the price. I will never spend €1,000+ for a flagship. My phone is a 4 year old, midrange OnePlus and it still runs perfect. Big ass OLED, 90hz refresh rate, great camera, and it still gets the latest android updates. These flagships are a fool's game. 

20 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

some kind of iPhone. Not sure which - it's about 7 years old, but they're basically all the same 1f602.png

They are, it's a massive con and Apple seem to get away with their premature obsolescence no matter what. Posing a new iphone now in public is a joke.

2 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

They are, it's a massive con and Apple seem to get away with their premature obsolescence no matter what. Posing a new iphone now in public is a joke.

lol - I meant all phones, not just all iPhones.

Doesn't matter how fancy the phone you buy... it doesn't make the people you call, the photos you take, or the news you read any more or less interesting ?

On 6/20/2023 at 6:19 AM, The Alchemist said:

Midrange is the way to go. 90% of the features of a flagship for half the price. I will never spend €1,000+ for a flagship. My phone is a 4 year old, midrange OnePlus and it still runs perfect. Big ass OLED, 90hz refresh rate, great camera, and it still gets the latest android updates. These flagships are a fool's game. 

almost true :P

with that being said... I'm guilty of buying the newest flagship iPhone every year.. mainly because of the camera

but the more expensive chips found in higher end phones make the purchase worthwhile imo. these phones are very fast and responsive. ppl complaining all the time about the forums taking a few seconds longer to load because of these cloudfare checks.. thats what it feels like using a midrange/low end phone every day lol

Edited by MonaSaxPayne

6 hours ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

almost true :P

with that being said... I'm guilty of buying the newest flagship iPhone every year.. mainly because of the camera

but the more expensive chips found in higher end phones make the purchase worthwhile imo. these phones are very fast and responsive. ppl complaining all the time about the forums taking a few seconds longer to load because of these cloudfare checks.. thats what it feels like using a midrange/low end phone every day lol

The above isn't my experience. My phone had the top tier snapdragon when I bought it, the exact same chip the flagships at the time were using, so my phone runs smooth as butter to this day. Of course not all midrange phones are equal though, I'm sure you can get some really crappy ones. I bought mine when it was like a peak time for midranges, with a lot of companies coming out with some really great, reasonably priced phones that were as good as the flagships or even better in some ways. That might not be the case nowadays, I can't really say as it isn't something I follow too closely. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

my s8 just died and need to replace it, one particular thing about phones is, if you want great cpu, screen and sound you have to get the whole package of premium features including camera which i dont care at all just need the bare minimum of taking decent pictures and scan fucking qr codes, that is all. that makes them really expensive, looking at galaxy s23 fe for replacement but i dislike the huge bezels but i need to stay in samsung ecosystem because i own the buds2 pro and with the samsung propietary codec in my experience they sound way better than paired with other phones ive tried which sound "meh" in comparison.

I've been using Sony (Ericsson) cellphones since 2006 or something. So for 16 years I've loved their phones, but with the recent changes Sony is going through, I am disliking their products and philosophy more and more.

Since the PS5 launch I've told my friends time and time again how Sony is mutating into Apple, which by the way the recent reveal that you have to buy the PS5 Slim stand separate for 30€ is just underlining this change into Apple.

Anyway, I was looking for a new phone last year and I've always bought the compact top model, but to my non-surprise Sony is now charging 1200€ or something for their top model instead of the 500€ or something I paid for the Z1C and XZ2C. They also seem to have done away with a compact variant of the top model. I then wanted the middle class model which was in the price range I usually consider for a smartphone, but to my non-surprise a 500€ - now only middle class - smartphone from Sony doesn't have Stereo speakers (wtf?).

Long story short, I bought the Google Pixel 6a last year at release and this is 10 times better than the shit Sony has been releasing since after the Xperia Play. The only thing I am disliking about that phone is the camera protrusion at the back. I like my phones flat as a brick.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

3 months later I bought the 15 pro 🤐

On 6/20/2023 at 10:29 AM, MonaSaxPayne said:

I got an iPhone 14 pro

On 6/21/2023 at 12:40 PM, MonaSaxPayne said:

Edited by MonaSaxPayne
  • Haha 1