Your first ps3 game?

Dante_196

Folklore. 

I was interested in this game since E3 2007. When I saw the first trailer, interest turned into an obsession, and a tiny voice in my head said to me: "You see this amazing beauty? We don't need MGS4, we need THIS. This is going to be our first PS3 game. That's right, we will buy this shiny new expensive console just for this game!".

Well, life had another plans, so I actually bought PS3 only 6 years later. During last 2 years of those 6 I kept searching for that one destined first game (which sold poorly and became a rarity, so finding a copy was not an easy task). I finally found one last copy at some internet shop (the only one at that time which had it not yet "out of stock"), and hastily bought it even before I had enough money to afford a PS3.

So when the console was finally bought, brought home, unpacked and set on shelf under TV, I took the precious disc from its hiding place and finally went into Netherworld. I was playing Folkore non-stop for two weeks straight. Very happy two weeks.

And if this year I'll manage to get myself a replacement PS3, I'll waste two weeks on it again. As celebration.

• Like 1

My first PlayStation 3 game was also the second video game I ever played: the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

I, even to this day, still love this game and have to-date logged over four-hundred-fifty hours into it in my first play-through alone and have since lost count of how many other play-throughs I have done. Even now I still find myself picking it up to play again from time-to-time.