Pokemon or Digimon?

Beyondthegrave07

For those who grew up in 90s remembers these two famous shows. I bet even some parents remember taking their children to the pokemon movies and possibly to 1 Digimon movie. As a child or an adult, which one of these series do you prefer?

I think I was more of a pokemon fan than a digimon fan back then and i'm not too fond of the shows anymore, but I still love the pokemon games even today.

I never liked digimon.

Pokemon was the best. Wasnt the biggest fan of the show, but the movies were pretty good.

The pokemon games were good until... well, soul silver. I wasnt the biggest fan of gen 4 pokemon, but soul silver brought gen 2 back to life. gen 5 just added shit looking pokemon. I bought pokemon white and never finished it, I did put 20 or so hours into it though so i did give it a chance. I also refuse to play pokemon black/white 2.

I beat pokemon red/blue/yellow at least 20 times, so they are my favorite, followed by gen 3.

I think I would say digimon, just because pokemon is always the same thing, new pokemon appears, Ash learns about them, team rocket tries to steal either pikachu or said pokemon and repeat (although the gym fights and movies are entertaining)

I think if I had to choose it would really be digimon, always liked it more as a kid.

Games wise pokemon of course, there's nothing like catching them all :P

Well from my signature I can say digimon.

I like the 2 series but pokemon is the same evrytime like he said.

new pokemon appears, Ash learns about them, team rocket tries to steal either pikachu or said pokemon and repeat (although the gym fights and movies are entertaining)

And the games well, Pokemon had very much games of doing the same thing, but they we're good, I still have a book with tips to Pokemon Red/Blue on GBA.

But digimon it is my favorite show because I had an accident with 3 or 4 years old (not much thing but did scared me very much that I lost my way to speak and I had to learn all again. And my fathers we're trying everything. To psychologist to talking to me. Never worked.

Until 1 day they bought me a cassette of Digimon and I liked that so much that I was always watching that at 5 years old and with theyre I began to speak again.

So Digimon is my favorite, not because of the show (also about the show but don't let me get away of my point), it's because of they're help I know how to talk.

Also my favorite game of all time it is the PS1 game Digimon Digital Card Battle, maybe I'm the only one that is saying that I am a digi fan.

• Like 1

Well, I really enjoyed Digimon Series 1. I reasonably liked Digimon Series 2, and I never bothered with Series 3 and onward.

As for Pokemon, I've seen Series 1-8, Movies 1-8 and that includes 3 banned episodes (via Youtube). I stopped watching after series 8 because of the voice actor change. I've also played most of the Pokemon games, both mainstream and spin-off.

I'd say Pokemon, but that doesn't mean I don't like Digimon. Well, at least series 1 and 2.

• Like 1

Pokemon

I used to watch it every morning while getting dressed for school in 5th grade. The anime started turning shitty after the 5th season. I enjoy all of the games. I unfortunately never read any of the manga yet. I remember watching the 1st season of Digimon, but I never got into it.

• Like 1

Well, I really enjoyed Digimon Series 1. I reasonably liked Digimon Series 2, and I never bothered with Series 3 and onward.

As for Pokemon, I've seen Series 1-8, Movies 1-8 and that includes 3 banned episodes (via Youtube). I stopped watching after series 8 because of the voice actor change. I've also played most of the Pokemon games, both mainstream and spin-off.

I'd say Pokemon, but that doesn't mean I don't like Digimon. Well, at least series 1 and 2.

Well for me the best are the series 1 and 2, I hope they get it back and continue with that same kids, but they are keeping changing it. But for me the wors of them was the digimon 4 or digimon frontier.

• 4 weeks later...

It depends if you mean as a whole series, or as their respect shows (Such as Digimon Adventures or Digimon Tamers... or Pokemon Orange Islands, or Pokemon Best Wishes...)

Overall, I'd have to say Digimon, I honestly loved Digimon as a kid, while I watched Pokemon more, the Digimon Movie and the little floppydisk game that came with it was absolutely amazing, and it is still one of my favourite shows to date. (Though, let's scratch out Digimon Froniter... and I haven't yet watched Xtros Wars...)

Pokemon Movies are very well done, however Ash always has to find that legendary pokemon that takes an interest to him, the Black and White films I found to be the worst, and the Kyurem film has to be one of my favourites, they need to mix it up a little. I always loved the Pikachu specials before each film, and the settings of each film felt alive.

The show however.. is rather reptative, well it has got quite a bit better and I enjoy Team-Rocket a lot more now.. but they need to make the show "grow up" a little, maybe make Ash age? Or scrap Ash and introduce a set of new characters for the new show which will most likely come out after X and Y...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...