Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings (Retired)

EdinhoN

23 hours ago, Desavenencia said:

In theory, you can continue to download all the games you have purchased whenever you want. Also, I don’t think that’s going to happen with Mirror’s Edge... although this has happened already with some other titles on PS3... that, magically, the game disappears from your download list.

Can confirm; lost Duke Nukem 3D and CastleStorm this way (the latter being still available digitally) after obtaining them through PS+ for years. Sony support had nothing for me other than to "try restarting your PS3"...

On 22/4/2023 at 1:01 PM, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Does anyone know for Mirror's Edge if it gets delisted, but I have the game in my library from PS+, would I be able to download it after the delisting? Or would it end up like P.T. Demo?

How did you get the game from PS+? AFAIK it was only given as a freebie during the first PlayStation Experience event several years ago.

For whoever lost their games, have you tried checking your transaction history and providing the IDs to the support? I recovered two games that way.

ps: if you own a PS4 and already redeemed P.T. there's a way to redownload it (all you need is to temporarily change some network settings and use a PC program)

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 2

On 01/05/2023 at 10:16 PM, EdinhoN said:

The game is still available. For some reason some Plus Extra games show as unavailable on the web store but are listed normally on the PS5 store

Weird it must've been a glitch due to owning it through ps plus extra. Wouldn't show a purchase price at all on PS4 or PS5 for me. Seems to be normal now.

It looks like Live or Die was unofficially shutdown last July/August time, because no-one has either earned a trophy or been able to connect to the servers since then but the game is still available to download. Since this is a Gammera Nest title, I don't expect to get any confirmation from them as to what happened.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

It looks like Live or Die was unofficially shutdown last July/August time, because no-one has either earned a trophy been able to connect to the servers since then but the game is still available to download. Since this a Gammera Nest title, I don't expect to get any confirmation from them as to what happened.

Srry but this game doesn’t deserve a penny ?

• Like 1

It has been officially announced that PlayStation's Concrete Genie studio PixelOpus will be shutting down. 

Sony responds to clarify situation, and confirms closure. Title has been amended to suit the situation.

Sony told IGN in a statement:

"PlayStation Studios regularly evaluates its portfolio and the status of studio projects to ensure they meet the organization’s short and long-term strategic objectives. As part of a recent review process, it has been decided that PixelOpus will close on June 2."

Tweet: 

Edited by xl-Kyo-lx
  • Like 2

Unfortunately, it looks like Ubisoft have quietly pulled the plug on Rayman Legends (PS3), AC Brotherhood and Splinter Cell: Blacklist :(. SCB still has 1 obtainable online trophy but all others are toast, with no earners since either October 22nd, 2022 or Feb 2nd, 2023 and ACB and Rayman Legends being offline since early/mid April, 2023. Far Cry 2 and Rayman Legends (Vita) are also having major server issues, with FC2 being offline since early 2023 and Rayman Legends (Vita) being partially offline for a month now :(.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Unfortunately, it looks like Ubisoft have quietly pulled the plug on Rayman Legends (PS3), AC Brotherhood and Splinter Cell: Blacklist :(. SCB still has 1 obtainable online trophy but all others are toast, with no earners since either October 22nd, 2022 or Feb 2nd, 2023 and ACB and Rayman Legends being offline since early/mid April, 2023. Far Cry 2 and Rayman Legends (Vita) are also having major server issues, with FC2 being offline since early 2023 and Rayman Legends (Vita) being partially offline for a month now :(.

These were announced last summer though right? But still stayed up after the announced date

15 minutes ago, Magicloud-MB said:

These were announced last summer though right? But still stayed up after the announced date

Correct. The initial closure date was Late August/Early September 2022, then it was changed to October 1st 2022 but some of the announced games didn't close down so remained up until very recently.

21 minutes ago, serrated-banner9 said:

Far cry 2 only had the shutdown notice for PC and not Consoles but it may have been pulled by Ubisoft quietly, or it's just bad servers being bad servers

1: Correct. 2: I'm thinking it's just the servers being terrible as per-usual but there was a credible rumour last Christmas that Ubisoft were going to close all the remaining FC2 servers at some point during 2023, though there would be advanced warning when it happens.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, charlijaen said:

FIFA 18, 19, 20, 21 will be shut down on the 6th of November 2023 :(

EA is screwing all of us

https://www.ea.com/legal/service-updates/a-h

Scanning the list and it seems they aren't showing yet. Really odd that they're pulling FIFA 21 and 20 compared to the other FIFA games that usually last ~5-6 years before closing.

Edit: Showing for me when searching for it. Must have been an outdated link or something.

Edited by shipper321