Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings (Retired)

EdinhoN

On 22.03.2023 at 8:00 PM, HuntingFever said:

It has leaderboards though which are needed for at least 2 of the trophies so unless they're hosted locally on the player's console, they will be taken offline when the servers do eventually close at some point in the future.

I don't remember needing any leaderboard while doing Brutal Legend, are you sure? But it sure connects to EA servers before creating/searching for a multiplayer game ie. Ranked trophies.

12 hours ago, GeminiEntity said:

"Shadows of the Damned - EA Play members, please note that we are removing Shadows of the Damned from The Play List on February 16, 2021. On this date, the game will no longer be available to download from EA Play's The Play List for Xbox One."

Seems like they just don't want to host the download of the game anymore going by that.

But the game is available outside of EA Play, there's a page on the Xbox site.

They will continue to "host the download", that's how delisted games work in most (if not all) cases.

55 minutes ago, Mullet345 said:

When did NFS Most Wanted 2012 get added to the server closure list?

... it never did?

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, johncnstntn__ said:

I don't remember needing any leaderboard while doing Brutal Legend, are you sure? But it sure connects to EA servers before creating/searching for a multiplayer game ie. Ranked trophies.

Positive! You can't get the following trophies without being connected to the leaderboards or whatever it is that tracks your stats:

Subjügator

Cönquerer

Unless my memory has gone completely off the deep end, I distinctly remember having to keep checking the leaderboards or whatever it is that tracks your stats when I went for the Plat/100% all those years ago ?.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

4 hours ago, Yuichiro-Akuhei said:

Just dance 2016/2017 just became unobtainable the video challenges have been discontinued as of march 24th, 2023. for both versions, there were 4 trophies attached to this mode.

Completely lame move, I guess the June shutdown date was merely a suggestion then. So basically for JD 2016 the only obtainable online trophy would be to check a friend's online profile i guess.

EA has added Kingdoms of Amular: Reckoning for May 15, 2023 as Server Shutdown.

Looking online the server apparently seems to be tied to account linking to redeem digital goods exclusively though EA as was done in some other older titles as well like Dragon's Age and Mass Effect. There was a code that used this to unlock an exclusive quest in KoA: R and armor in ME 3. No idea if the code still work for this or if the content can be downloaded still after shutdown.

Btw on Shadow of the Damned there's two possibilities for why it's got a server shutdown. First is that EA goofed and accidentally still has something on file about online services for this game. (Apparently one of the early proposals of this game had the idea of multiplayer co-op included in it, though unsure if GM ever went as far to actually start developing this.) The other possible reason is maybe there was planned online connectivity or EA account linking on EAs part. (Let's face it this comes still from the time of online passes and EA wanting to curb as much secondary sales as possible, it could be possible they had something in place like this but never actually used it.)

Edited by Lord_Bane999

On 3/22/2023 at 10:10 AM, UNLEADED_BRONZE said:

Everyone aware of 

Syndicate 15th June Shuttdown date

Its like EA doesn't kare/care for there older Origins titles

Battlefield 3/III/Three

Battlefield 4/IV/Four 

NFS:Most Wanted(2012)

NFS:Rivals

Next?

I would keep an eye out for some old EA sports titles that people may forget are still online

NCAA 14

Fight Night Champion

While I'm here with Fight Night- I logged in 2 days ago and had 25 ranked wins. Logged in yesterday and it was 0. Won 10. Still 0. I just want the 100 ranked games trophy (Mr. Reliabile) Does it depend on the leaderboards or will it pop If I keep going anyway? It's basically playing 100 or so ranked games, not winning. I'll delete my question if not appropriate for here. 

1 hour ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

EA has added Kingdoms of Amular: Reckoning for May 15, 2023 as Server Shutdown.

Looking online the server apparently seems to be tied to account linking to redeem digital goods exclusively though EA as was done in some other older titles as well like Dragon's Age and Mass Effect. There was a code that used this to unlock an exclusive quest in KoA: R and armor in ME 3. No idea if the code still work for this or if the content can be downloaded still after shutdown.

Btw on Shadow of the Damned there's two possibilities for why it's got a server shutdown. First is that EA goofed and accidentally still has something on file about online services for this game. (Apparently one of the early proposals of this game had the idea of multiplayer co-op included in it, though unsure if GM ever went as far to actually start developing this.) The other possible reason is maybe there was planned online connectivity or EA account linking on EAs part. (Let's face it this comes still from the time of online passes and EA wanting to curb as much secondary sales as possible, it could be possible they had something in place like this but never actually used it.)

KoAR is already on the list and has been for ages :) but it's nice to know exactly what the online component actually does.

39 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

I would keep an eye out for some old EA sports titles that people may forget are still online

NCAA 14

Fight Night Champion

While I'm here with Fight Night- I logged in 2 days ago and had 25 ranked wins. Logged in yesterday and it was 0. Won 10. Still 0. I just want the 100 ranked games trophy (Mr. Reliabile) Does it depend on the leaderboards or will it pop If I keep going anyway? It's basically playing 100 or so ranked games, not winning. I'll delete my question if not appropriate for here. 

I'll get those added to my EA list on .org in a bit, thank you for letting everyone know :). EDIT: FNC is already unPlatinumable due to certain modes being switched off a few years ago :( but the online trophy in the Heavyweight Legends Pack DLC is still obtainable.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Unless my memory has gone completely off the deep end, I distinctly remember having to keep checking the leaderboards or whatever it is that tracks your stats when I went for the Plat/100% all those years ago ?.

Indeed, the trophy you are reffering to is Metal God, which requires to view the stats sceen once you reach 100% completion, but it doesn't have anything to do with the online portion :)

12 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

KoAR is already on the list and has been for ages :) but it's nice to know exactly what the online component actually does.

I'll get those added to my EA list on .org in a bit, thank you for letting everyone know :). EDIT: FNC is already unPlatinumable due to certain modes being switched off a few years ago :( but the online trophy in the Heavyweight Legends Pack DLC is still obtainable.

What about Codemaster games as EA now owns them. Can't remember if some are p2p but there's F1 10-14, Dirt 2+Showdown, Grid 2+Autosport, Bodycount. 

35 minutes ago, Yuichiro-Akuhei said:

Well I’m not entirely sure what’s going on at Ubisoft but the video challenge is back up again for Just Dance 16/17. It took me a couple of tries to get in but it’s clearly working again. 

Nice, was the challenge shutdown officially confirmed for the 24th? Or they just stopped working then? 

I'm glad they are back, will start the game today just in case

Edited by timpurnat

21 minutes ago, timpurnat said:

Nice, was the challenge shutdown officially confirmed for the 24th? Or they just stopped working then? 

I'm glad they are back, will start the game today just in case

An admin in a community run discord for Just Dance jumped the gun and announced it like it was an official closure, when in fact it was just a server outage i guess? It was fairly obvious they would fix certain things considering 2023 also had JDTV not working, but I am pleasantly surprised they’ve fixed World Challenge on 2016 and 2017.

Edited by Darkette
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, timpurnat said:

https://imgur.com/a/8J26NtA

This should clear some things up.

Also it was not like it didn’t work yesterday, the option to challenge people was completely gone. And it’s not the first feature that got removed from JD, it happend not long ago with JD2020 and that one isn’t even shutting down yet. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SerhanTheAssasin said:

Hey so i was curious why just dance 2016 video challenges were discounted early so i decided to check the game and the game mode is still up for me ??

It was a server outage, erroneously touted as a server closure by an uninformed Ubisoft mod who later rescinded the server closure notice when the servers were fixed.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It was a server outage that was erroneously touted as a server closure by uninformed Ubisoft mod, who later rescinded the server closure notice when the servers were fixed.

Ah okay glad that it wasn’t an permanent shutdown yet those video challenges against other players is quite fun to do ngl