Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings (Retired)

EdinhoN

16 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

This is exactly why buisnesses that are just in it for the money are so well known that if I asked think of 3 companies that are well known for using consumers for money and less about the passion of gaming and buisness practices. We are probably all thinking about 3 similar horrible buisnesses (of which many even protest to this day) #FuckKonami

Even Apple, Google & NBA got into political issues. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

There is more to business than money. There is also reputation, although they have "the right" to shutdown without notice, the players who supported and are loyal consumers will remember that. Reputation is important for companies and although it costs money to keep up a server, a notice they are planning to close the servers is a gesture of good will to its fanbase and consumers that have invested time and money for thier game.

Let's be real. Their reputation is not affected in the slightest for closing down a decade old game's servers. People that think otherwise are just deluding themselves into thinking otherwise. 

Moreover, this topic has gone way off-track. 

• Like 1

I'm going to go on the record here and admit that I'm in the camp of those who feel that people who waited too long for something... don't deserve any fucking sympathy.

I will list Warhawk. Difficult, grindy, tedious, whatever. Game had it's servers up for over a decade. You missed out, then tough shit. What the fuck were you doing for 10 years that prevented you from playing that game? You may say "Well I just didn't get around to it in all those years", okay fine but that still doesn't excuse the fact you waited so long in the first place.

Games that had their servers shut without good prior announcement is a dick move but that's basically a whole nother discussion altogether.

Eventually, Far Cry 2 will have it's online servers shut. I don't care about the game, I played it in the past on the Xbox 360, thought it was meh, and moved on from there. The trophy list doesn't encourage me to play it, and it's awfully dated by this point. People can bitch about the online.... but not all online trophies done in time? Tough fucking luck, tough shit.

What you guys are stating is a personal issue (players bitching about not doing the online in time) and comparing that with having online shut down without notice (due to companies not giving a shit about the online servers, either due to lack of player activity or complete incompetence). The latter is bad yes, but the former is just idiots.

I'm all for some of you guys trying to go the private server route, but I've only heard of a couple games that had any real success with them. Companies aren't going to maintain servers for PS3 games, I mean Rockstar Games couldn't give a fuck less about Red Dead Redemption 1. The last few times I went on the servers were full of people glitching the online, with a couple who have hacked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NekoRave said:

if you have 30 games shut down without notice thats not damaging any reputation?

Whatever money was available through these games has been milked dry. If you think that damages the reputation just keep watching people buy the same fucking franchises from the same fucking publishers and tell me who's really at fault.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

They probably have the same mindset the culling 2 had which only was up for a week (give a notice to who, the 11 people who played our game) which they intended to burn a player but in turned burned themselves for their poor launch.

Even games that didnt last one week on the market never got a notice, and as a gamer I refuse to buy product from that developer due to thier sheer incompetence and care for its consumers.

While it's not the best solution, you can request a refund from Sony within 14 days of purchasing a digital product.

10 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Not everyone will agree with me, but if a developer doesnt care about its player base, I really don't want anything to do with said developer in hopes that others do the same. 

When it comes to big companies like blizzard and activision, its like you can protest all you want they make billions and unless every project is a failure in terms of cost and they go bankrupt, you wont be able to really make a change as an individual versus indie companies which every customer really matters and dictates whether they will have another game after or not at all

Ubisoft is in the same category. Couldn't care less about their player base, it's all about shipping out those games based on the latest trends that will make a shit ton of money.

This isn't to say I don't like anything Ubisoft has done. I really enjoyed some of their Assassins Creed games. What they have done good on is keep their online servers up. Ubisoft doesn't get as much attention as other big companies when it comes to servers.

I prefer good indie games as a whole, but that is a different discussion for another day.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

you can protest all you want they make billions and unless every project is a failure in terms of cost and they go bankrupt, you wont be able to really make a change as an individual versus indie companies which every customer really matters and dictates whether they will have another game after or not at all

I've had horrible experiences with indie publishers. Asmodee and GunMedia are two that I'm struggling with every week without getting any feedback.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

People aren't complaining that the games are closing. People are complaining about the lack of common decency of giving a 30 days announcement to signal the closure, especially from a corporate giant. Even indie games that did poorly like Deformers got months of notice. There's a difference between moaning about closure and moaning about no notice.

Wow, that is a lack of integrity for such a company. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Helyx said:

Whatever money was available through these games has been milked dry. If you think that damages the reputation just keep watching people buy the same fucking franchises from the same fucking publishers and tell me who's really at fault.

Problem with this kind of logic is trophy hunters.

Yes, they surely won't sell many copies anymore, if any, but trophy hunters tend to be the ones buying tons of games.

When I see them simply shutting down game servers without prior announcement what-so-ever (which wouldn't have cost them a dime to do), I will keep away from their games in the future.

At least I boosted the 2 other James Bond games, but I couldn't find people to boost Blood Stone and now I will never unlock the platinum for that game.

With announcement none of that would have happened. I would have seen it. Others would have seen it as well. We would have boosted. Done.

I mean the other way of solving these messes would be simply not having multiplayer online trophies.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OldJimiDini said:

trophy hunters tend to be the ones buying tons of games.

This may be true, but if you haven't bought the game within a decade of its release, you weren't much of a hunter.

I'm not defending the shitty practices of these publishers, but you gotta draw the line at some point. If you guys expected these games to be playable indefinitely, then I believe it's those unrealistic expectations that we need to address rather than the lack of announcements of forthcoming server closures.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Winterglemm said:

well said!

you seem like a fun person to be around /s

If you have nothing to share you can also just... Not share. 

18 hours ago, NekoRave said:

They probably have the same mindset the culling 2 had which only was up for a week (give a notice to who, the 11 people who played our game) which they intended to burn a player but in turned burned themselves for their poor launch.

I don't believe that. I think it is more a sense of a 'waste of time' or just straight up 'lazy' then actually in the mocking sense.

However I still remember said example and it was... Sad to say the least. 

People were asking how long the server will stay up, but no response. Then suddenly they shuttled it down with the reason being that they need to make the game unplayable before Sony allows the refunds and since they already promised it. they couldn't just retract that statement.

Only thing people wanted to know was when the date will be. Somebody complained after the sudden shutdown and the devs mocked him. While at the same time posting 'sad gifs'

• Like 1

Activision Update the list today and they add 2 games to this wave

• Guitar hero : Warriors of Rock
  • Guitar hero : World Tour

just WoR have platinum, so if you don't have the online trophies of this game, the platinum is no longer able. i can confirm that the game don't work anymore. i try to play with a few friends and this always send us the mnjs  "impossible to join to the lobby game"

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ArK_TatiCo said:

Activision Update the list today and they add 2 games to this wave

• Guitar hero : Warriors of Rock
  • Guitar hero : World Tour

just WoR have platinum, so if you don't have the online trophies of this game, the platinum is no longer able. i can confirm that the game don't work anymore. i try to play with a few friends and this always send us the mnjs  "impossible to join to the lobby game"

What are the online trophies for Warriors of Rock?

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

There are only 2:

Tracker of Deeds
Self Improver

These could potentially still be obtainable if only the matchmaking servers are down.

The leaderboards still worked in GH5 last time I checked, and you could also check other player's stats.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Like @LupusLance34 say; Tracker of Deeds, Self Improver. i can add that Anthemic Archivist and Champions Of Challenges. Also a lot of trophies are much easy if you find someone that can help you. since that all instrument are extreme expensive and rare to find.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, LupusLance34 said:

There are only 2:

Tracker of Deeds
Self Improver

These could potentially still be obtainable if only the matchmaking servers are down.

The leaderboards still worked in GH5 last time I checked, and you could also check other player's stats.

3 minutes ago, ArK_TatiCo said:

Like @LupusLance34 say; Tracker of Deeds, Self Improver. i can add that Anthemic Archivist and Champions Of Challenges. Also a lot of trophies are much easy if you find someone that can help you. since that all instrument are extreme expensive and rare to find.

Thank you for the info, guys :). If someone would confirm the status of the leaderboards, then that would be much appreciated :).

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ArK_TatiCo said:

Anthemic Archivist could still be obtainable through game sharing or if the GH Mix servers are still up. They were still up on GH5 last time I checked.

If Self Improver is obtainable, then Champions of Challenges is too. It all depends if the leaderbords are accessible or not.

Edited by LupusLance34
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, LupusLance34 said:

Anthemic Archivist could still be obtainable through game sharing or if the GH Mix servers are still up. They were still up on GH5 last time I checked.

If Self Improver is obtainable, then Champions of Challenges is too. It all depends if the leaderbords are accessible or not.

I can confirm all 3 of these trophies are okay, I just popped them. The GH Tracks list is still working, I downloaded enough songs from it to get Anthemic Archivist. The leaderboards/scores tracking also still works and updates my new scores right away. So I got Champions of Challenges and Self Improver as well. 

I already had Tracker of Deeds, so I'm not explicitly sure of it, but my Hero Feed is still populated with friends on my friends list so I assume that trophy is fine too. 

People should secure these trophies immediately before they're not okay for some reason one day. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Lyrikk said:

I can confirm all 3 of these trophies are okay, I just popped them. The GH Tracks list is still working, I downloaded enough songs from it to get Anthemic Archivist. The leaderboards/scores tracking also still works and updates my new scores right away. So I got Champions of Challenges and Self Improver as well. 

I already had Tracker of Deeds, so I'm not explicitly sure of it, but my Hero Feed is still populated with friends on my friends list so I assume that trophy is fine too. 

People should secure these trophies immediately before they're not okay for some reason one day. 

Wow, my assumptions were actually correct. Thanks for sharing this with us! :)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LupusLance34 said:

Wow, my assumptions were actually correct. Thanks for sharing this with us! :)

No worries! :)

In case it freaks anyone out, Seasoned Competitor can indeed be done in offline coop with 2 of the same instrument. I did it with 2 guitars. Admittedly I just looked at the guide and my heart skipped a beat when I saw "competitive modes" lol. ?I'm such an idiot for leaving this one for this long. Thankfully this game is still obtainable it seems. 

Edited by Lyrikk
  • Like 1