Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

Ubisoft have always been monumentally bad at announcing closures. They shut Pure Football without warning in April 2012 and then announced it would shut in August 2014 despite it already having been down for over 2 years. It also took them the best part of 3 years to note that Heroes Over Europe had been shut down in April 2013, once again without warning.

42 minutes ago, Lord_BenWon said:

This is very interesting. In this link Multiplayer/co-op servers no longer available | Forums (ubisoft.com) they make it seem like the servers are already shutdown.

After all in this link Multiplayer and Online Services availability - Ubisoft Support where it was suppose to be the most updated and accurate page to see all games with discountinued services, has marked Assassin's creed Brotherhood in there for a long time and the servers for Brotherhood were never shutdown for consoles and PC.

It seems like Ubisoft staff don't know what they are doing.

Same with call of juarez bound in blood. That one was announced and never shutted. Though compatibility with Uplay was shafted.

I think brotherhood is the same case then and maybe this will also comply with ghost recon future soldier.

Though Ubisoft need to get their shit toghether, because now the list seems like a vague, maybe it is, maybe not kinda deal.

1 hour ago, Bumperklever said:

Same with call of juarez bound in blood. That one was announced and never shutted. Though compatibility with Uplay was shafted.

CoJ Bound in Blood is p2p. The server thing was likely the Uplay portion.

1 hour ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

Just figured I'd post a friendly reminder that if you have a PS3 and/or a PS Vita, you should prioritize your backlog on those consoles, as PS4 likely isn't going anywhere anytime soon. If you have any online trophies on those consoles, get those done ASAP, even if you don't think there's going to be a server shutdown.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Gonna get into my backlog and just set up shop there until I’m tired of going through it. 

• Like 3

On 05/04/2021 at 4:23 AM, Infernofeuer1 said:

According to their Facebook page of Operation7: Showdown this game will be closed at 1st August 2021.

Delisting: 1st June 2021.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/11639-operation7-showdown

Source here:

To our Operation7: Showdown community, We are sad to announce that the PS4 service of Operation7: Showdown will close on August 1, 2021. Starting after May 1, 2021, sales of all digital products within the game will be disabled and on June 1, 2021, players will no longer be able to download Operation7: Showdown from the store. May 1, 2021 PST - Shop Close June 1, 2021 PST - Download Unavailable We would like to express our deepest gratitude to our players for the support and feedback throughout the past year.

Thank you, - Operation7 Showdown Team

Seeing as how long they managed to keep their other game alive with a small player base I'm kinda surprised by this. Btw does it mention all regions will be down?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lewis_N7 said:

Just want to mention there is no trophies for Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2 to earn.

Xbox and Steam versions do include achievements though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Seeing as how long they managed to keep their other game alive with a small player base I'm kinda surprised by this. Btw does it mention all regions will be down?

I think this game wasn't released in most of the regions, I could only find it in the NA store.

Edited by MagyarMaci
There was a mistake in it.
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Smashero said:

In regards to PS3 "FC2" - No such info on official UBI website:

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/1241617-Online-Services-Update-Masterlist-Forums

This^

Only the PC version of FC2 is closing, the console releases are staying up for the foreseeable future.

12 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

That game was only released in a handful of countries but all of the servers are closing down so get what trophies you can before that happens.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

Ubisoft's support staff are about as reliable as WB's and don't know their ass from a hole in the wall so until Ubisoft's official server closure master list is updated to say the PS3 version is closing, I'm going to remain highly skeptical about this news.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Kolm said:

So I guess we're now again in a 'Mad Max' situation where it's unsure if Far Cry 2 trophies on PS3 will be obtainable after 1st of June because of a support message that might or might not be wrong... :(

Yes, because yet another situation where Customer Support is completely inconsistent:

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Yes, because yet another situation where Customer Support is completely inconsistent:

Yet the masterlist said that ghost recon future soldier is also shutting down for PS3 'somewhere in 2021'...

I guess we can officially say it's a mess... :(

On 07/04/2021 at 7:48 PM, Kolm said:

I guess we can officially say it's a mess...

Maybe we can try to find an explanation for this.

When I saw the posts from Ubi-Milky I noted that that this post My friend and I appear offline to eachother on UPLAY when we try coop | Forums - Page 4 (ubisoft.com) (replying to some players that reported connectivity issues on PC) was made before this one Multiplayer/co-op servers no longer available | Forums (ubisoft.com)

Let's imagine that before he respond to the players he sees this list Multiplayer and Online Services availability - Ubisoft Support which is supposed to be the list with games that already had their servers shutdown (but in reality it's an unreliable list and has games marked there that still have servers working like GS: Future Soldier and AC: Brotherhood).

After that, Ubi-Milky sees the Masterlist to know when the servers shutdown, but it's nothing marked there, so he thinks that it was a recent decision to close the servers and so he edits the Masterlist to include Ghost Recon and the Rainbow Six games with a date of just 2021 and then he makes a sicky post in the Ghost Recon forum to supposedly warn everybody that the Ghost Recon servers have been shutdown which is not the true.

After all, I don't see Ubisoft shutting down any games without warning now, because they just announced those PC titles to June. If they wanted to shutdown Ghost Recon they would announce it for the same day.

It doesn't make any sense they shutting down Ghost Recon or any of the other games now.

Edited by Lord_BenWon
  • Like 1

The problem of updating Street Fighter 3 for PS3 is still there fyi. I downloaded the US version on two consoles but on both it says 1.00 is the newest version. So with this I'm not able to join multiplayer. Any solution or is it just luck for people that could download the patch?

1 hour ago, Schivorer said:

The problem of updating Street Fighter 3 for PS3 is still there fyi. I downloaded the US version on two consoles but on both it says 1.00 is the newest version. So with this I'm not able to join multiplayer. Any solution or is it just luck for people that could download the patch?

It's luck I'm afraid so all you can do is wait for Sony or the developer/publisher to fix it :(.