Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

On 9/29/2021 at 5:18 PM, mcnichoj said:

Literally every DLC PS3 game code should be expired at this point. If not, something close to 99% of them. IIRC at most Sony allows DLC codes to last for three years. Not sure if this rule has changed for PS5 games.

If someone has an unused PS5 DLC code (like from a Tales of Arise special edition) they can contact support and ask for the expiration date. That's be nice info to have.

On 9/29/2021 at 5:31 PM, ArmoredSnowman said:

Iirc, some people had been able to redeem expired codes by contacting Sony support. But I dunno if that's still doable nowadays. 

My Yakuza 4 PS3 code did not work about a year ago when I got it; however, my Infamous collection code was expired but I contacted Sony to get it working again. When I contact them about the Yakuza code, they said that since they didn't make or publish it that it's not possible for them to generate new codes for it.

So long story short you might be able to get your PS3 codes working if it was a first-party Sony game.

Edited by FrostyMcNugs
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Those don't require a credit card or authorization to show you are 18+ to purchase. All you'll need is funds in your wallet

How does the age verification work though, does it do it each time you make a purchase or do you need to do it once only for each account? And were these purchases made before any age verification was done previously to ensure that's true?

Edited by Lord_Bane999

On 29/09/2021 at 6:18 PM, mcnichoj said:

Literally every DLC PS3 game code should be expired at this point. If not, something close to 99% of them. IIRC at most Sony allows DLC codes to last for three years. Not sure if this rule has changed for PS5 games.

If someone has an unused PS5 DLC code (like from a Tales of Arise special edition) they can contact support and ask for the expiration date. That's be nice info to have.

The expiry date for dlc codes isn't actually set in stone by Sony. Developers/Publishers basically put their own expiry dates and whatever reason they choose is there own. (With the exclusion of dlc codes given by retailers, those specific codes usually only last for a year from purchased or until end of year or next.)

The main thing is people forget why so many codes for the PS3 are expired, is because during that time there was a big push against used games and making first year sales. Making codes expired, ensured that secondary buyers had to purchase dlc again or seek brand new copies that weren't reduced in price.

The only thing that Sony does force an expiration on is codes for PSN Plus, PS Now and PSN Store cards. Which all expire 1 year after purchase if you don't use their codes.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

How does the age verification work though, does it do it each time you make a purchase or do you need to do it once only for each account? And were these purchases made before any age verification was done previously to ensure that's true?

For CERO Z games, you can only pay for those with a credit card. No other payment method is allowed due to whatever regulation the government has set for content like that. It doesn't apply to downloadable content as it is assumed you would already own the game to even want to buy the DLC

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

The main thing is people forget why so many codes for the PS3 are expired, is because during that time there was a big push against used games and making first year sales. Making codes expired, ensured that secondary buyers had to purchase dlc again or seek brand new copies that weren't reduced in price.

Exactly, and it was right round that 2010-11 period. Even with my very small PS3 game collection (like 15 physical games), there were online passes for games like BF3, Dirt 3 and F1 2010 & 11. 

Even going for the Dirt 3 plat recently, there were people from the boosting sessions who had gone out and bought a used copy of the game, loaded it up and realised it was futile because the online code was used, and you can't get a new one!

• Like 3

Here is the actual source, meaning where the information originated from, not just a written reference: https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/3933o7ko43o839/grand-theft-auto-the-trilogy-the-definitive-edition-and-more-coming-so

And here is the Rockstar Game Support page about the delisting for the games added today: https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/4408282103571/Grand-Theft-Auto-III-Grand-Theft-Auto-Vice-City-and-Grand-Theft-Auto-San-Andreas-not-available-for-purchase

With the October 8, 2021 announcement of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and the Rockstar Games Launcher, previous versions and bundles featuring these titles will be removed from console and PC digital retailers as of the week of October 11, 2021.

Players who purchased these titles previously will still be able to download and play them on their respective purchase platforms.

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure the old gta games on ps4 are part of the ps2 classics. So digital only, right?

57 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Here is the actual source, meaning where the information originated from, not just a written reference: https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/3933o7ko43o839/grand-theft-auto-the-trilogy-the-definitive-edition-and-more-coming-so

And here is the Rockstar Game Support page about the delisting for the games added today: https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/4408282103571/Grand-Theft-Auto-III-Grand-Theft-Auto-Vice-City-and-Grand-Theft-Auto-San-Andreas-not-available-for-purchase

As of the week of October 11th? That doesn't really make it clear wether they will be removed on October 11th or wether they'll stay the whole week. Also, they are not on sale right now so it's 35€...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

I'm pretty sure the old gta games on ps4 are part of the ps2 classics. So digital only, right?

As of the week of October 11th? That doesn't really make it clear wether they will be removed on October 11th or wether they'll stay the whole week. Also, they are not on sale right now so it's 35€...

When it's mentioned a specific day for delisting expect them to be removed that day. The only thing that definitely needs to be known is what time. Some delistings happen at end of day. Others will happen at a specific time according to the timezone the dev/pub is in.

Generally for most US PSN Store Delistings they happen at the time when the store refreshes each night at 12AM Pacific US Time (2AM Central or 3AM Eastern). Unless a time is specifically stated by the dev/pub. If you want them get them now though, as there is rare times they may take a the game off a few hours earlier.

Canadian PSN users should also buy these immediately as this weekend is our Thanksgiving and usually holidays lead to PSN issues as many people jump on and overload it. (There's also the chance due to everywhere being closed Monday they could pull the game on Sunday instead.)

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lord_BenWon said:

@EdinhoN Rocksmith (2011) will be delisted from digital stores on October 17th, followed by the DLC delisting in November.

Here are the official sources: Original Rocksmith (2011) Leaving Stores (ubisoft.com)

Rocksmith (2011) DLC Delisting | Ubisoft Forums

Does this game have a retail version available?

4 hours ago, Winterglemm said:

Soul Sacrifice Delta and Freedom Wars have suddenly gone offline

The online trophies of both soul sacrifice games can be done in ad-hoc so the platinums are still achievable. I don't know about freedom wars though.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, pot1414 said:

The online trophies of both soul sacrifice games can be done in ad-hoc so the platinums are still achievable. I don't know about freedom wars though.

Freedom wars has to be online to get the 3 trophies I believe, ad-hoc won’t unlock them .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hysteria said:

Freedom wars has to be online to get the 3 trophies I believe, ad-hoc won’t unlock them .

If I recall correctly it has 2 online trophies. One for exchanging rap sheets, and the other for completing 15 missions with any number of people.

Totally forgot about the one for visiting lobby area after changing your clothes/equipping a fashion accessory.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord_BenWon said:

@EdinhoN Rocksmith (2011) will be delisted from digital stores on October 17th, followed by the DLC delisting in November.

Here are the official sources: Original Rocksmith (2011) Leaving Stores (ubisoft.com)

Rocksmith (2011) DLC Delisting | Ubisoft Forums

Any dlc needed? Maybe dlc make platinum easier,someone know?

6 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

I just tried to go online on Freedom Wars to try and earn the last online trophy I needed and I got a message saying Communication Error can't connect to PSN while in game.

Hopefully just a temporary thing.

All three of them are published by sony so it is weird that they would shut them down like that without any notice. It's very possible that it is temporary as you said. Can someone with a twitter account message the devs? It is the same dev for all three.

Edited by pot1414
  • Like 1