Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

1 minute ago, ConAir said:

Just here to confirm the shutdown of Need for Speed Shift & Shift 2 Unleashed. The game itself plus the DLC are still playable. You can no longer play online and in Shift 2 you can't earn extra XP through Autolog.

I don't own The Run, Carbon & Undercover but @Floorkiller74 left a message that NFS The Run seems to be unplayable due to the server shutdown. 

All of those games have been confirmed closed :(. I've updated my Unobtainable trophies thread on .org if anyone wants to see the full list of unobtainable trophies for these games.

• Like 1

Just now, ConAir said:

Just here to confirm the shutdown of Need for Speed Shift & Shift 2 Unleashed. The game itself plus the DLC are still playable. You can no longer play online and in Shift 2 you can't earn extra XP through Autolog.

I don't own The Run, Carbon & Undercover but @Floorkiller74 left a message that NFS The Run seems to be unplayable due to the server shutdown. 

The Run is playable, you just have to do the workaround to bypass the autolog login attempt. You can't just pop it in and play it anymore. The only time I've ever seen this before was with Bejing 2008 (Pre trophy game). . 

8 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

What's the bypass?

Game won't let you play it if you're signed into PSN or have a connection to the Internet. The bypass let's you play the single player aspect of the game when the game doesn't naturally allow it:

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit PS3 - server MP and autolog still active - 1st of September, 17:07 GMT+1.

Actually this one was not mentioned that it will be disconnected, but then the rumors appeared that it would be better to complete it ASAP since it could be also be affected.

I read that both Shifts are down already. Will check "The Run" in a minute.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 2

NFS: The RUN stuck into infinite loop while trying to log to Autolog servers during intro (as mentioned above).

Yes, you have to sign out from the PSN to start it in offline mode.

So... Officially = Ultimately no "King for a day" trophy anymore :P

Checked NFS: Undercover - can not connect to EA Nation.

@EdinhoN

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

The Run is playable, you just have to do the workaround to bypass the autolog login attempt. You can't just pop it in and play it anymore. The only time I've ever seen this before was with Bejing 2008 (Pre trophy game). . 

Thanks for clearing that up. (Sign out of PSN and play).

• Like 1

On 31/08/2021 at 9:12 AM, POEman553 said:

Anyone think Konami will start to wind down Metal Gear Solid V PS4 servers after PS3 servers shut down? Why just the PS3 servers?

Nah I don't think so personally, I mean look how long it took PS3 Players just to do the whole thing for launching nukes. There's definitely a very small player base there. Plus MGS5 on PS4 is part of the "Greatest Hits" line so they see alot of revenue still just buy people buying the game even since it's regularly on sale for $10.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kolm said:

Beware that apart from the 2 nuke trophies that there's one other trophy that is online: Invade an online FOB base.

So even if the 2 nuke trophies can be done offline if playing without patches, you still need to get that FOB trophy online so getting the platinum requires online!

And the info I got is from other people/forums, I wasn't yet able to test this myself :)

Ah, that's right.

• Like 1

That's really useful, following to be notified and have it as a personal 'sticky'. ?

I'm disgusted with sport games, closing servers just a year in, obligating you to buy the new one...just wow. Fans will buy the new one nonetheless, don't get why they have to block the rest from playing older ones... money talks too much unfortunately. And that's why I'll probably never get near those anymore

• Like 1

Hi @EdinhoN

My goal of this post is to try and provide helpful shutdown info so that you and any others that maintain this thread can show the data as you see relevant.

• WWE 2K19 (PS4) - Matchmaking and Community Creations will continue to be supported until the launch of the next WWE title, expected sometime in March 2022.  Currently you have shutdown set on March 1, 2022.  From the source I reviewed from Konami, a specific date was not given.  Didn't know if you wanted it at March 1 or March 2022.  
  • WWE 2K20 (PS4) - Road to Glory mode and the MyPlayer PPV Tower shuts down September 26, 2021, which is what you have scheduled for the shutdown.  This affects three trophies.  However, matchmaking and Community Creations will continue beyond Sept. 26 until the launch of the next WWE title, expected in March 2022.  No additional trophies will be impacted when full online shutdown occurs in March 2022.  I'm not sure if the focus of this thread is trophy related only, or if you would want to indicate in another entry that the matchmaking and Community Creation will shutdown in March 2022?
  • Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3, PS4) - Online services will be terminated May 31, 2022.  Confirmed by others in this thread that no trophies are impacted.  Currently not listed as a shutdown.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Paperclip1776 said:

Hi @EdinhoN

My goal of this post is to try and provide helpful shutdown info so that you and any others that maintain this thread can show the data as you see relevant.

• WWE 2K19 (PS4) - Matchmaking and Community Creations will continue to be supported until the launch of the next WWE title, expected sometime in March 2022.  Currently you have shutdown set on March 1, 2022.  From the source I reviewed from Konami, a specific date was not given.  Didn't know if you wanted it at March 1 or March 2022.  
  • WWE 2K20 (PS4) - Road to Glory mode and the MyPlayer PPV Tower shuts down September 26, 2021, which is what you have scheduled for the shutdown.  This affects three trophies.  However, matchmaking and Community Creations will continue beyond Sept. 26 until the launch of the next WWE title, expected in March 2022.  No additional trophies will be impacted when full online shutdown occurs in March 2022.  I'm not sure if the focus of this thread is trophy related only, or if you would want to indicate in another entry that the matchmaking and Community Creation will shutdown in March 2022?
  • Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3, PS4) - Online services will be terminated May 31, 2022.  Confirmed by others in this thread that no trophies are impacted.  Currently not listed as a shutdown.

What are the online capabilities of GZ? I remember there was a mobile companion app but it was decommissioned ages ago.

On 31/08/2021 at 11:03 PM, Deceptrox said:

You are right, all the enemies and POWs you have rescued/kidnapped will be available in TPP but none of them have high stats, they will be replaced by soldiers with better stats sooner than later.

Just press R2 and save them. I lost one of my DLC characters in the ps3 version because of the Kikongo stuff

14 hours ago, Paperclip1776 said:

Hi @EdinhoN

Thanks, I've made the info clearer

• Like 1

On 2-9-2021 at 3:28 PM, Hysteria said:

I tested Metal gear GZ , you can get everything offline you don’t have to be online at all 270a-1f3fc.png

Edit: Never mind I read about the wrong game... Should've gone to bed instead of asking ;) 

Can you elaborate a little bit more on this, my main questions:

1. Did you play the game fully patched or did you do the nuke trophies before installing the patches?

2. Were you connected to PSN when playing or did you completely disconnect from the internet? If you were connected to PSN, did you reject the user agreement?

3. And what about the trophy for invading an FOB, how to get that offline?

I'm just trying to get everything detailed for myself and maybe others want to know as well :) 

Edited by Kolm

5 minutes ago, Kolm said:

Can you elaborate a little bit more on this, my main questions:

1. Did you play the game fully patched or did you do the nuke trophies before installing the patches?

2. Were you connected to PSN when playing or did you completely disconnect from the internet? If you were connected to PSN, did you reject the user agreement?

3. And what about the trophy for invading an FOB, how to get that offline?

I'm just trying to get everything detailed for myself and maybe others want to know as well :) 

He's referring to Ground Zeroes, not the Phantom Pain.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2021 at 1:08 AM, Paperclip1776 said:

Hi @EdinhoN

Hey what do you mean MGS V for PS4?? I thought it was ps3 only