Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

Never got around to any of the LittleBigPlanet games. Heard some pretty mixed receptions on LittleBigPlanet 3.

Like I said before, no PS3/Vita game is safe anymore. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood will be the final PS3 game I will be boosting. Ubisoft games have a long shelf life for most of their titles, but you never know.

Best get the online done before it's too late.

• Like 1

Honestly while I'm upset the servers are gone I understand why and I'm glad they finally decided to say something about it.

For a long time the server closure was expected. It wasn't though just about the hack that crippled them. But about the constant clean up they had to do with this hacker and others. They didn't just previously upload levels that got removed for obscene content. (It is a game heavily marketed towards children and families remember.) But they also sent hate messages out by changing the error messages.

No developer/publisher would ever want to be part of or want their platform being used in this way. It was eventual outcome the servers would finally go down.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Honestly while I'm upset the servers are gone I understand why and I'm glad they finally decided to say something about it.

For a long time the server closure was expected. It wasn't though just about the hack that crippled them. But about the constant clean up they had to do with this hacker and others. They didn't just previously upload levels that got removed for obscene content. (It is a game heavily marketed towards children and families remember.) But they also sent hate messages out by changing the error messages.

No developer/publisher would ever want to be part of or want their platform being used in this way. It was eventual outcome the servers would finally go down.

This^

It sucks to high heaven that the servers were closed but unfortunately, it was the inevitable outcome for this situation so the odds of them coming back at all were extremely low.

• Like 2

Stealth Inc 2 : a game of clones ( PS3, ps vita & PS4 ) silently axed & no warning prior the shutdown. Last earners were in December/31/2020 plus I tested now for connoisseur club trophy which is the only trophy online but to no avail.

Edited by Hysteria
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hysteria said:

Stealth Inc 2 : a game of clones ( PS3 & PS4 ) silently axed & no warning prior the shutdown. Last earners were in December/31/2020 plus I tested now for connoisseur club trophy which is the only trophy online but to no avail.

It has gone down before for a very long time, so there is a possibility of it eventually coming back online. I remember it was unattainable for a long time before coming back online sometime last year. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

It has gone down before for a very long time, so there is a possibility of it eventually coming back online. I remember it was unattainable for a long time before coming back online sometime last year. 

Yeah they brought it back for a long term cuz of trophies ? hunter’s comments & emails  I believe in January 2021 they shut it down 

Edited by Hysteria

3 hours ago, Winterglemm said:

this is so fucked up. lbp did not deserve this

I think Dreams PS4 & PS5  still doesn't have multiplayer.  ( could be wrong, correct me if I'm wrong)

LBP2 Beta and Release were at the height of the franchise. LBP1 and it's beta shown had complete potential  but it goes to show where alot franchises on Sony's front  will head towards nowadays. Normally if there were new franchises that are better then LBP I wouldn't complain but I don't see that the case. PSnow doesn't give us the ability to host old  Multiplayer servers. 

Mario Maker didn't hold a candle to what LBP could do with 4 player multiplayer. Yes it did feel floaty at times but I liked it, may have not liked the arcade stuff/ movie stuff but the overall platformers were fun. Always interesting that "Bomb Shark Survival" would normally be trending. 

Now I could still play LBP3 but... Servers are dogshit even when at release and have to  pay PS+ subscription meaning not many are gonna be playing.

I remember LBP2 Beta had alot of great levels that weren't transferred to release. 

• Like 3

On 15/09/2021 at 7:06 AM, HuntingFever said:

Are the Fifa 15 servers still up or have they closed? I ask because today's the day they're supposed to close but I don't know if they're still up or not.

FIFA 15 is confirmed to be offline.

Max Payne 3 still working.

• Like 3

Metal gear solid ground zeroes doesn't have any online trophies, so everything should be okay

34 minutes ago, Bahamut3104 said:

Don't know if it's been said but gta v ps4 is currently unobtainable. Rockstar removed certain jobs and now the Numero Uno trophy is unobtainable.

what? numero uno it's still possible, i got it this year

7 minutes ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

Metal gear solid ground zeroes doesn't have any online trophies, so everything should be okay

what? numero uno it's still possible, i got it this year

On 2021-09-16 at 6:15 PM, ScottishNub said:

Rockstar have removed several modes for gtao including (sea races and parachuting) if you have any of these two book it will most likely kick for job not being able to load as i have a parachute activity booked and been kicked multiple times i've called dom and he never picks up now so i guess he's on vacation along with his parachute missions also transform races do not count as a sea race as it falls under another race type https://mobile.twitter.com/TezFunz2/status/1438509126674382848?s=09 clearly rockstar didn't think this through 

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/114636-numero-uno-unobtainable/?page=4#comment-2416277

Edited by Vergil
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Vergil said:

omg, sorry i didn't knew that, Rockstar it's a shit they can't even update that trophies,hopefully in Januray i got all the base online trophies except level 100 but it's a shame for people who wants this platinum

Edited by TheAbyssWalker61
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Velocity 2X could get delisted. Just been removed from Steam and Xbox.

Game has a physical release for PS4 (I think with the DLC bundled in).

Game has two DLC trophy packs.

Game is cross-buy with PS4 and VIta with shared list.

Has been on digital discount multiple times.

Bought the dlc I was missing just in case. But I think it is more likely to remain on playstation than the others, It spawned though a deal between the devs and sony to produce games specifically for the vita, (amazing that there was a time when sony actually cared that much about vita).

Edited by jpwbjpwb
spelling
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Velocity 2X could get delisted. Just been removed from Steam and Xbox.

Game has a physical release for PS4 (I think with the DLC bundled in).

Game has two DLC trophy packs.

Game is cross-buy with PS4 and VIta with shared list.

Has been on digital discount multiple times.

One of the best games in my list . ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jpwbjpwb said:

Bought the dlc I was missing just in case. But I think it is more likely to remain on playstation than the others, It spawned though a deal between the devs and sony to produce games specifically for the vita, (amazing that there was a time when sony actually cared that much about vita).

It's possible since the two versions I mentioned also got released well after the PS originals. Apparently the game was a big enough deal to warrant a LittleBigPlanet skin.

1 hour ago, RedDevil757 said:

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Removed off topic banter