Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

4 minutes ago, TehUberCheezCatz said:

theres two different MGSVs, ground zeroes, which is going down on both versions, and the phantom pain, which is only going down on the ps3

Thanks, I know. But I only heard both MGSV for ps3 shutting down, and not the ps4 versions of any of them. But it's good that MGS V TPP for PS4 will be fine.

31 minutes ago, THEULTRAMEMELORD said:

Wwe2k19 is already unobtainable so no need to put it in the server shutdown.

Still useful to play while the remaining online functionalities are there. For example, in case somebody wants to spend money in microtransactions to speed up any offline trophy.

I've made the message clearer on the shutdown list about the unobtainable trophies

• Like 1

1 minute ago, benoski55 said:

It sucks they didn't actually give us any extra time for LittleBigPlanet. Like, at all. It's simply like "We're shutting down the servers now. Too bad."

Hurts even more seeing people defend this rubbish.

Wasn't their fault. The main LBP server was hacked two months ago and the damage was beyond repairing.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Inb4 "bRuH U hAd 67 yEaR tO pLaY"

Sad to see LBP going down like that, would deserve at least a 30 day notice so everybody could try to get it.

I'll mess LBP2 and LBP3 plats, at least one day will play for max possible %

Like the devs knew that attack was planned & will happen. Give me a break.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Hysteria said:

it's just sad the situation as a whole, no one is blaming the devs.

lbp was a great game, luckily it will still be possible to play the original community levels via lbp3 on ps4.

57 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

it's just sad the situation as a whole, no one is blaming the devs.

lbp was a great game, luckily it will still be possible to play the original community levels via lbp3 on ps4.

Besides what I allready wrote somewhere else on this forum, it makes me sad that the hacker basically won. I hope he has no similar 'friends', that do this kind of stuff.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Smashero said:

TBH who cares since 4 platinums are now unobtainable? :/

;)

Depending on how far someone was before the shutdown, of course. I think I can still get the LBP1 platinum with some work.

Also didn't realize this didn't effect LBP3 PS4. Should probably make that a priority before something else goes wrong.

8 minutes ago, Smashero said:

TBH who cares since 4 platinums are now unobtainable? :/

;)

lbp 3 has the shittiest net code in the franchise, playing online there is terrible. yeah, there's not much to celebrate.

2 hours ago, Hysteria said:

You didn't understand my post at all.

Not blaming the Devs, they probably tried what they could. Blame is 100% in those no lifers hackers who could use their expertise to dunno... GET A JOB?

I said it's sad that LBP didn't have the opportunity to be properly shutdown in a near future

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EdinhoN said:

You didn't understand my post at all.

Not blaming the Devs, they probably tried what they could. Blame is 100% in those no lifers hackers who could use their expertise to dunno... GET A JOB?

I said it's sad that LBP didn't have the opportunity to be properly shutdown in a near future

Nobody knows what happened behind the scenes period. 

1 hour ago, GUDGER666 said:

Wonder what trophies will become unobtainable next to damn hackers. It's bad enough with Sony doing naff all about the console ban issue. Trying to get through as many PS3 games as i can, now especially with online trophies. Just so many! 

Kill your completion ratio edition XXXXVIII

4 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

LBP permanently shutdown on PS3 and Vita. 

Well RIP LBP 2. Had fond memories of playing it online back when I was in middle school. It was a good game. Glad I made a return to the game and gotten the platinum trophy. 

At least 3 on PS4 is obtainable again. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hysteria said:

Nobody knows what happened behind the scenes period. 

We know what they told us, but it's a moot point. Servers down, if you didn't already have the online trophies, thems the breaks. That's what this thread is for.

10 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I thought they shut down the old games because some idiots put some homo/transphobic crap in the downloadable stuff?

Don’t really know honestly what happened inside the game during the attack that caused the shutdown but the final decision based on two factors : 

- Too much cost 

- Challenging to undertake

I will choose all of the above.

Edited by Hysteria
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I thought they shut down the old games because some idiots put some homo/transphobic crap in the downloadable stuff?

No, that’s been happening since the beginning. Some guy figured out a way to overwhelm the upload feature to bring the servers to a standstill and decided to use it to lock up the servers until they took them offline.