Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

1 hour ago, Kolm said:

If you ever bought it digital you should always be able to find it in your downloadlist or transaction manager/list, even it was delisted to buy new :) 

Sadly i never bought it, that's why i ask ! Dont know if it was delisted, looks like it was :/

The one i did is the main Nba jam game on disk with a platinum ^^

NBA Jam On Fire Edition was part of PS+ in January 2013 (NA only as @GUDGER666 points out). So you may have it in your backlog. It has two online trophies.

Arena Noob - Which you you will get along the way to the other trophy.

Arena Vet - Which requires you to win 50 games. This also can not just be done in 1 go. Due to the way it counts medals this takes a minimum of 2 days to get. Depends on when you start on the 'session'. If you do the first 25 wins on the last day of the session it will take 2 days. If you do the first 25 wins on the first day of the session it will take 8 days.

A couple people have reported issues getting the medals needed for the online trophies;

But there are recent achievers this past summer. Attempt at your own risk I guess. EDIT: Further reading indicates it may be an issue where you need to accept an older the terms and conditions in another EA game from that time period for it to work. Second Edit: That was a different issue that has been fixed. That said, I tested the game and while I can play online with no issues, the wins do not track towards the trophies. Seems like it might already be a lost cause.

And I popped a trophy by mistake during testing thinking I was on my alt... RIP to me.

Shank 2 was a PS+ game in April 2012. But as mentioned all trophies can be earned offline, though online makes survival mode easier if you have a good partner.

Edited by MrHealthy
  • Like 2

On 10/14/2022 at 11:04 PM, EdinhoN said:

In TA there's a tip to disconnect from online to avoid the servers messing with the trials, I guess it should work offline then?

Hm, I was unaware of this. I guess when I get around to repairing my PS3 I can go back and try to 100% that game then :)

• Like 1

EA is closing online services for Mirror’s Edge, Onrush and more

Electronic Arts has confirmed plans to close the online services for various games over the coming months.

Online support for Army of Two: The 40th Day and Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel will cease on October 20.

Online services for Mercenaries 2 (PS3 and Xbox 360), Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (PS3 and Xbox 360), and Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars, including the Kane’s Wrath expansion (Xbox 360) will then be closed on November 9.

Online support will be shut down for Onrush on November 30, and for Mirror’s Edge, NBA Jam On Fire Edition, Gatling Gears and Shank 2 on January 19, 2023.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/ea-is-ending-online-services-for-mirrors-edge-onrush-and-more/

Edited by ziggypossum
EDIT
  • Like 2

On 10/15/2022 at 5:47 PM, MrHealthy said:

NBA Jam On Fire Edition was part of PS+ in January 2013 (NA only as @GUDGER666 points out). So you may have it in your backlog. It has two online trophies.

Arena Noob - Which you you will get along the way to the other trophy.

Arena Vet - Which requires you to win 50 games. This also can not just be done in 1 go. Due to the way it counts medals this takes a minimum of 2 days to get. Depends on when you start on the 'session'. If you do the first 25 wins on the last day of the session it will take 2 days. If you do the first 25 wins on the first day of the session it will take 8 days.

A couple people have reported issues getting the medals needed for the online trophies;

But there are recent achievers this past summer. Attempt at your own risk I guess. EDIT: Further reading indicates it may be an issue where you need to accept an older the terms and conditions in another EA game from that time period for it to work. Second Edit: That was a different issue that has been fixed. That said, I tested the game and while I can play online with no issues, the wins do not track towards the trophies. Seems like it might already be a lost cause.

And I popped a trophy by mistake during testing thinking I was on my alt... RIP to me.

Shank 2 was a PS+ game in April 2012. But as mentioned all trophies can be earned offline, though online makes survival mode easier if you have a good partner.

Yikes on NBA Jam On Fire Edition. I have the game loaded up but if it's not tracking stats correctly, there's no need to start it. Ugh, I hate that I have ancient PS3 games that I didn't really do or haven't done that I bought.

I guess I'll be focusing on Shank 2 and Gatling Gears now.

12 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Old news, all the applicable games are already on the list.

I will say, the phrasing of the article is a little weird because for some games it's "online support will cease" and others it's "online services will be closed". It's probably just the author of the article trying to add some variation to saying the same thing but I found it to be strange (and maybe wishful thinking that some of the games may live after the shutdown date)

18 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

ACR, AC3, Driver, FC3, Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell all dead?

The last I heard, Splinter Cell was still 100% up and running with all trophies fully obtainable ?. Also, both Dirt games are reportedly still fully operational. Ghost Recon is the only one with a big question mark hovering over it, because I've yet to get a 100% confirmation of exactly which trophies are still obtainable, if any.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

On 10/14/2022 at 6:10 AM, grifteskymfning said:

Multiplayer and all online features for GUNS UP! will be terminated and no longer available starting Apr. 14, 2023. As you have to be online to play this title, this game will not be playable starting Apr. 14, 2023.
For more info visit: gunsupgame.com

@EdinhoN you missed this

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheRedMaverick said:

For Splinter Cell Blacklist, the trophy 'Officer of the Day' for completing a daily challenge might not be obtainable anymore. It's been 2 days in a row with no daily challenge appearing (the weekly challenge is there). The weekly challenge resets Sunday morning for me so I'll try and remember to check after the weekly resets to see if a daily appears then.

Everything else seems to be working as far as I can tell

As I stated here, this is the type of functionality that will die, as it pertains to Ubis servers, whereas the matchmaking is through PSN. The dailies are no longer being issued, and when the timer for the weekly expires, it'll suffer the same fate.

• Like 4

On 10/15/2022 at 5:47 PM, MrHealthy said:

NBA Jam On Fire Edition

@POEman553

Following up on this I have done significant testing and I have no idea why it doesn't track or any particular ways to get it to track.

However it is still possible. Despite not being able to track any wins vs any of my alts, and other people not being able to track wins either when me and @HaJ-Bee connected it did track our wins 95% of the time. I have no idea why.

When it did work we made sure that the player that wanted to win scored at least once and that the player that was losing waited until at least 30 seconds had passed on the board before quitting. It occasionally did not work but for the most part did.

My account is Canadian, HaJ-Bee's is UK. They were also able to track wins vs an Argentinian.

My alts are US and Japanese. I was unsuccessful vs them.

Best I can figure is that you just need to try playing vs a bunch of accounts to see if any of them save.

26 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

@POEman553

Following up on this I have done significant testing and I have no idea why it doesn't track or any particular ways to get it to track.

However it is still possible. Despite not being able to track any wins vs any of my alts, and other people not being able to track wins either when me and @HaJ-Bee connected it did track our wins 95% of the time. I have no idea why.

When it did work we made sure that the player that wanted to win scored at least once and that the player that was losing waited until at least 30 seconds had passed on the board before quitting. It occasionally did not work but for the most part did.

My account is Canadian, HaJ-Bee's is UK. They were also able to track wins vs an Argentinian.

My alts are US and Japanese. I was unsuccessful vs them.

Best I can figure is that you just need to try playing vs a bunch of accounts to see if any of them save.

Yikes, it sounds very iffy how doable it even is. Did it pop either of the Arena trophies?

2 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Yikes, it sounds very iffy how doable it even is. Did it pop either of the Arena trophies?

Yes, Arena Noob popped correctly as soon as I earned my first medal. Due to the nature of how medals are earned I will not be able to pop Arena Vet for another 5 days.

On 2022-10-19 at 8:20 PM, TheRedMaverick said:

For Splinter Cell Blacklist, the trophy 'Officer of the Day' for completing a daily challenge might not be obtainable anymore. It's been 2 days in a row with no daily challenge appearing (the weekly challenge is there). The weekly challenge resets Sunday morning for me so I'll try and remember to check after the weekly resets to see if a daily appears then.

Everything else seems to be working as far as I can tell

On 2022-10-20 at 5:15 AM, Igni said:

As I stated here, this is the type of functionality that will die, as it pertains to Ubis servers, whereas the matchmaking is through PSN. The dailies are no longer being issued, and when the timer for the weekly expires, it'll suffer the same fate.

Copying and pasting what I wrote in the Blacklist forum for visibility here:

Upon further testing, I think there are more trophies that are unobtainable. I tried actually hosting a private match but because you can't connect to Uplay, you can't host private matches, customize loadouts, nor go past rank 5. This means the trophy "Trusted Agent" for reaching rank 10 is unattainable.

"Personal Kit" (Unlock a custom loadout slot for Spy or Merc) and "Fireteam Accessed" (Unlock a Merc's Light Machine Gun) may also be unattainable as you need tokens to unlock both of these, and you start earning tokens at rank 5 (whether this happens now without Uplay, not sure...). I think you may get 1 or 3 tokens when you hit rank 5 but I can't remember for sure so you might still be able to get Personal Kit and Fireteam Acessed if it's 3 (I already did the online stuff so I'd have to test this on an alt).

Which brings up another issue. You can no longer solo the other Spies vs. Mercs trophies (since you can't host private matches). Some modes are 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 which means you will need 8 players to do some of the modes (assuming you need a full lobby to start the match, I think you do).

This game basically got more difficult to boost and some trophies are definitely unobtainable so unless you dont mind not getting 100% or you only need some of the trophies that are still available, I would not recommend starting this game.

I think @Igni is probably right and challenges are probably dead after the next reset but I'll check anyway on Sunday just to see.

Edited by TheRedMaverick
Personal Kit and Fireteam Accessed may be ok
  • Like 3

On September 14, 2022 at 10:00 AM PT Sony Interactive Entertainment will decommission the online service for MLB® The Show ™18 on the PlayStation®4 system.  Multiplayer and other online features will no longer be available, but you will continue to be able to play the game and use Stubs in offline modes where available.

Source: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

3 minutes ago, Lord_BenWon said:

On September 14, 2022 at 10:00 AM PT Sony Interactive Entertainment will decommission the online service for MLB00ae.png The Show 2122.png18 on the PlayStation00ae.png4 system.  Multiplayer and other online features will no longer be available, but you will continue to be able to play the game and use Stubs in offline modes where available.

Source: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

What are the online trophies for this?