Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

3 hours ago, Sydoki said:

Do you know if the season pass is included in the disc itself? Or is it a claimable code? Looking to get a disc and pre-owned one is the best option to go with

Just make sure the game ID on the box matches the one on the disc e.g CUSA-XXXX

Edited by Dark_Overlord
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Leenewbe said:

for me it was on the disc, got the super charged edition but it looks like a normal disc, no mention of the version on the disc, so may have to watch out if buying it 2nd hand.

Thanks! I'll try my luck with a used copy from Gamestop - fingers crossed! ? As a side question (once again, just to confirm) - everything is doable in the Versus mode with two controllers right?

4 hours ago, Sydoki said:

Thanks! I'll try my luck with a used copy from Gamestop - fingers crossed! ? As a side question (once again, just to confirm) - everything is doable in the Versus mode with two controllers right?

Can confirm everything is doable in versus mode just popped all online trophies other night with a friend.

The only thing I will warn he was still having issue getting the all skins unlocked on one mech trophy. For that one he had to downgrade to version 1.0 again for it too pop. So that trophy it seems may be legitimately bugged on new updates

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Can confirm everything is doable in versus mode just popped all online trophies other night with a friend.

The only thing I will warn he was still having issue getting the all skins unlocked on one mech trophy. For that one he had to downgrade to version 1.0 again for it too pop. So that trophy it seems may be legitimately bugged on new updates

There is a complete edition available that has all the DLCs on the disc so the downgrade exploit isn't needed :).

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

There is a complete edition available that has all the DLCs on the disc so the downgrade exploit isn't needed :).

That's the version he had, but downgrade was still necessary after. But I don't think there ever was a regular version made for NA and EU only Japan. (At least I've never seen an English version for sale that isn't complete.)

21 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

That's the version he had, but downgrade was still necessary after. But I don't think there ever was a regular version made for NA and EU only Japan. (At least I've never seen an English version for sale that isn't complete.)

This.

The only physical western release is the Super Mega (whatever) version.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grifteskymfning said:

Multiplayer and all online features for GUNS UP! will be terminated and no longer available starting Apr. 14, 2023. As you have to be online to play this title, this game will not be playable starting Apr. 14, 2023.
For more info visit: gunsupgame.com

Anything difficult about the game?

3 hours ago, grifteskymfning said:

Multiplayer and all online features for GUNS UP! will be terminated and no longer available starting Apr. 14, 2023. As you have to be online to play this title, this game will not be playable starting Apr. 14, 2023.
For more info visit: gunsupgame.com

@EdinhoN this

also link to website: https://gunsupgame.com/

also (to avoid posting again) any confirmation on grand kingdom JP stack shutdown? it's march shutdown date is bugging me

Some upcoming EA server shutdowns, all for January 19, 2023:

Gatling Gears

Mirror's Edge

NBA Jam On Fire Edition

Shank 2

Of these, I believe only NBA Jam On Fire Edition has online trophies. It seems that Shank 2 has a mode that is easier to do in co-op. I haven't played any of these games so please chime in if you have more information!

Source:

https://www.ea.com/service-updates/a-h

https://www.ea.com/service-updates/i-q

https://www.ea.com/service-updates/r-z

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Needles said:

Some upcoming EA server shutdowns, all for January 19, 2023:

Gatling Gears

Mirror's Edge

NBA Jam On Fire Edition

Shank 2

Of these, I believe only NBA Jam On Fire Edition has online trophies. It seems that Shank 2 has a mode that is easier to do in co-op. I haven't played any of these games so please chime in if you have more information!

Source:

https://www.ea.com/service-updates/a-h

https://www.ea.com/service-updates/i-q

https://www.ea.com/service-updates/r-z

Ahh, Gatling Gears, that fun looking twin stick shooter I could never buy because it's delisted. Seems like everything can be obtained easily enough alone + 1 trophy with second controller. All offline.

I suppose what's shutting down for Mirror's Edge is leaderboards? I think the trophies won't be affected, but either way, I'll be sure to complete ME Catalyst before that date just in case. You should do the same if you're interested in that game, and that one has actual online trophies.

Edited by tony_snake_24
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Ahh, Gatling Gears, that fun looking twin shooter I could never buy because it's delisted. Seems like everything can be obtained easily enough alone + 1 trophy with second controller. All offline.

I suppose what's shutting down for Mirror's Edge is leaderboards? I think the trophies won't be affected, but either way, I'll be sure to complete ME Catalyst before that date just in case. You should do the same if you're interested in that game, and that one has actual online trophies.

You can still get Gatling Gears on the Japanese PSN Store, but the game plays in Japanese. And yes, my guess is the online for Mirror's Edge is leaderboard related. Not 100% sure, though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Needles said:

You can still get Gatling Gears on the Japanese PSN Store, but the game plays in Japanese. And yes, my guess is the online for Mirror's Edge is leaderboard related. Not 100% sure, though.

I think you need their servers for the time trial trophies, however their servers have been crap since the game released which is why I never was able to complete the time trials for the trophy in the first place.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Needles said:

Well isn't that great news! Thank you, although I don't speak japanese yet. 

Hmmm, I think the trials save offline, it's not required to upload your times I believe. Everything should be obtainable after the shutdown.

2 minutes ago, Jeul_Dragon said:

I think you need their servers for the time trial trophies, however their servers have been crap since the game released which is why I never was able to complete the time trials for the trophy in the first place.

In TA there's a tip to disconnect from online to avoid the servers messing with the trials, I guess it should work offline then?

• Like 2

From looking at the trophy lists, would You Never Walk Alone trophy for Gatling Gears still be obtainable after the shutdown?

Also, I'm hoping Mirror's Edge will be still be Platinum'able after the shutdown. I'm somewhat surprised they don't mean Mirror's Edge Catalyst too, but it may not be long for that game either.

Shank 2 will be easier to do survival mode online than offline. I know the first Shank had co-op trophy but it was offline only.

I can't tell what online trophies are involved with NBA Jam On Fire Edition.

Edited by POEman553

4 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

From looking at the trophy lists, would You Never Walk Alone trophy for Gatling Gears still be obtainable after the shutdown?

Also, I'm hoping Mirror's Edge will be still be Platinum'able after the shutdown. I'm somewhat surprised they don't mean Mirror's Edge Catalyst too, but it may not be long for that game either.

Shank 2 will be easier to do survival mode online than offline. I know the first Shank had co-op trophy but it was offline only.

No trophy in Mirror's Edge is linked to online features.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Gatling Gears can be done offline with 2 controllers so the 100% will be fiddlier but still doable once the servers close. Also, NBA Jam: On Fire Edition has 2 online trophies according to the .org Guide but I'm not sure what they are: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/117512-nba-jam-on-fire-edition-road-map-amp-trophy-guide/

EDIT: Arena Noob and Arena Vet should be the 2 online trophies if I'm reading the Guide correctly.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, seblegamer said:

Any way to get NBA Jam On fire edition ?

Just checked ps store but nothing there =/

Did the plat 11 years ago, and could be fun to go back to it with this version and try to get the 100% ^^

If you ever bought it digital you should always be able to find it in your downloadlist or transaction manager/list, even it was delisted to buy new :) 

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 1

Well, to be safe I'd might as well finish Mirror's Edge. I know currently time trial stars and their accompanying trophies can be earned BOTH offline and online, however. Playing online obviously saves data to the servers, while offline just stores it locally.

I read that some people had their stars "reset" when switching from offline play to online for the first time, as if the two modes track stars separately. I can't confirm if they are lost or just hidden during that process for online play, but the servers seem quite unreliable. Personally, I've always played online and still have all my stars when loading up in offline mode. Maybe the sequence online --> offline prevents this occurrence. Either way, playing offline should be as dependable, if not more so, than online for trophies.

Losing access to the ghosts and leaderboards won't be a hindrance, I think. I prefer ghosts off anyways and have relied on YouTube runs for any assistance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kolm said:

If you ever bought it digital you should always be able to find it in your downloadlist or transaction manager/list, even it was delisted to buy new :) 

Sadly i never bought it, that's why i ask ! Dont know if it was delisted, looks like it was :/

The one i did is the main Nba jam game on disk with a platinum ^^